Chicago – Springfield – St. Louis
We begin our tour with our visit to Springfield which is the hometown of one of the most loved and respected president of the United States, Abraham Lincoln. You will see his old home where he resided for 17 years. Just behind the Lincoln residence is the State Capitol of Illinois, it is the tallest but non-skyscraper building in US. Next we head for St. Louis, the largest metropolitan area in East Missouri, it also happens to be the geographical centre of the country. Next we see the Gateway Arch. The 630 foot tall structure is the tallest arch in the world and was built to commemorate the men who strived during the historical land expansion and migration. Next, we visit the Cathedral Basilica in Saint Louis. Inside it has one of the largest mosaic collection and has around 41.5 million glass pieces on its interiors.
Hotel: Comfort Inn or Similar.
St. Louis – Memphis Graceland
We reach Memphis in the morning which is the biggest city of Tennessee. In Memphis we will go to Graceland, it is the mansion of Elvis Presley, “the King of Rock and Roll”. You will hear his songs everywhere in Graceland. Later we reach hotel by dusk.
Hotel: Ramada Pearl Hotel or Similar.
Oak Alley Plantation – New Orleans (Night Tour)
We start the day visiting the Oak Alley Plantation, which is a US National Historic Landmark situated at the suburban of New Orleans and you will be amazed by the beauty of the plantations. Following we have arranged for a swamp tour, which will be amazingly fun and adventurous. Be witness to this unique ecosystem that we don’t get to see usually, there are alligators, turtles, snakes, herons, egrets and a lot other variety of plants. At night we reach our hotel and we recommend a New Orleans night city tour ($25/PAX). You will be thrilled to see the Spanish and French heritage, jazz performances on the streets. Visit an oyster cocktail bar, enjoy the night life of New Orleans, it will seem like a festival running simultaneously.
Hotel: La Quinta Inn or Similar.
New Orleans – Birmingham
In the French zone of New Orleans, see its narrow streets with the richness of French-style of architecture. Don’t miss the French Coffee and the sugar coated donut. Visit the antique stores along the Royal Street, jump into a jazz bar in Bourbon Street, or simply stand and immerse yourself in the depths of the local street art. Apart from these you can visit the St. Louis Cathedral or take a steamboat ride. Hereafter we bid bye to New Orleans and arrive at Alabama by noon. We pass by Birmingham which happens to be the largest of the cities in Alabama. It was also the battlegrounds and one of the intense one of such sort during the Civil Right Movement.
Hotel: Days Inn Attalla or Similar.
Chattanooga – Great Smoky Mountains Gatlinburg
Today we leave for Chattanooga, on arriving you can explore the spectacular mountain terrains by climbing on the top of the Rock City. Enjoy the breathtaking panoramic views of the natural landscape, ancient rocks, etc. There is also a garden which has more than 400 species of native plants. On our further driving through the Smoky Mountain, you will get to see different types of animals as the mountain is their habitat. On reaching Gatlinburg, there you can find restaurants, wide variety of shops, boutique hotels, etc. You will get busy coming here and collecting local souvenirs from these shops. The climax of the Tennessee visit comes when you come to Dixie Stampede, a dine in dinner theatre, where you can watch a brilliant show involving men on horses in attempt of portraying the relationship between man and horse. Enjoy the dance, music, comedy and special effects in the show.
Hotel: Clarion Inn or Similar.
Kentucky Horse Park – Louisville Outlet
We reach Kentucky and visit the Kentucky Artisan Centre, which is a state tourism agency and is celebrating the amazing local folk art wares of Kentucky. Witness its handicrafts and artworks depicting the local culture and values. Next, we arrive at Lexington also known as the “Horse Capital of the World”. Its horse racing is world famous. See its 1224 acre equestrian facility, over the years Kentucky Horse Park has also produced the best competition horses. To end the day, we will head for shopping outlets at Simpsonville.
Note: If Horse Park is closed visitors will only see the statue of Champion Horse infront of the Park.
Purdue University – Chicago
We see the Indiana State House at Indianapolis from outside only on our way to Lafayette. There we will be visiting the Purdue University, which is a huge public flagship university established in 1869, today it has over 40000 enrolments. The university have produced 23 astronauts who have done space travel including the first man on moon, Neil Armstrong. Later in the afternoon, we will be reaching Chicago and that marks the end to this 7 day trip.
Note: You can book your flights after 7:00 pm from ORD
- 1. The order of itinerary may change without any notice depending on weather situations or for some other unforeseen circumstances.
- 2. The order of activities held during the tour is planned by the tour guide. So, it may be different from what is mentioned on the tour page. On fewer occasions, Tour Guide has to skip an attraction or few during the tour depending on weather, traffic, group interest or some other reason.
- 3. Some attractions are seasonal. So, when they are closed they will be replaced with some other attraction.
- 4. You can skip some optional activities during the tour and plan something on your own. Make sure that you coordinate with Tour guide and stay with the group with next activity. Please note you cannot stay on the bus if you skip some optional activity.
- 5. Probable hotel names are mentioned in the itinerary. It can be similar or a different hotel of the similar rating. Exact Hotel details can only be provided one day before the departure.
- 6. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel.
- 7. These tours are conducted in a group. A group can have people of several cultures. We expect each person to coordinate with Tour guide to make sure things are on track.
- 8. Though attractions are optional but you have to at least take 2 attractions.
Most of the tours are carried out in air conditioned bus. A minivan can also be used depending on the number of people booking the tour.
Hotel Accommodation is included in tour.
This is a guided tour.
All Taxes are included.
Rates could alter without prior notice.
Optional fees will be paid in cash to the guide. Optional activities price may change or can be different as displayed on the website.
Guide will arrange meals and drinks when requested as they are not included in the package.
Daily Service charges for driver and the guide is $8 minimum per person.
Such expenses as telephone services, alcoholic drinks, beverages and laundry services which are private room services.
Services related to travel insurance.
Other personal expenses.
Important: We never encourage customers to purchase admission packages from outside sources and try using them in this tour with discount. If they do, they must arrange transport on the same day.
|Attractions||Adult||Child(3-11 yrs)||Senior (62+ yrs)|
|Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede, TN||$66.00||$41.46||$66.00|
|Graceland (Elvis Presley Mansion), TN||$39.00||$18.00||$35.00|
|Kentucky Horse Park, KY||$20.00||$9.00||$20.00|
|New Orleans Night Tour, LA||$25.00||$15.00||$25.00|
|Oak Alley Plantation, LA||$22.00||$8.00||$22.00|
|Purdue University, IN||$10.00||$7.00||$10.00|
|Rock City Gardens, GA||$22.00||$13.10||$20.28|
|Swamp Boat tour, IL||$26.00||$16.00||$26.00|
- 1. All the prices are listed in USD.
- 2. Tour display price is based on double occupancy. It is the price each person will pay if a group of two is traveling.
- 3. Prices may change without any notice.
- 4. Prices include hotel accommodation, transportation and taxes.
- 5. Admission Tickets to different places and meals are NOT included in the tour price.
- 6. Mandatory Tip for tour guide and driver are NOT included.
- 7. Only the tour guide can purchase entrance tickets for you. Pre-purchased tickets are NOT acceptable.
- 8. A free (i.e. Buy 2 Get 1 Free) person, not showing up on a departure date will result in a penalty. The penalty is usually the fourth person price, but it varies. Free person has to pay for some admission tickets that is included in the tour package price of Paid Person.
- 9. There must be at least one passenger of 18 years for every booking made with GoldenBusTours. For Children between the age group of 2 to 14 years, a different price will be charged. Please refer to Child price on our pricing calendar. Child Age may vary between different bus operators. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel. If the 5th person is infant you will be charged normally then with the second room as an expense.
- 10. Activities are optional though, but each customer has to participate in 2 activities at least. No city pass allowed. Some attractions are mandatory. Each customer has to take part in them and have to pay for them in cash.
207 W Cermak Rd. Chicago, IL 60616 at 8:00 AM
Free Airport Drop off service is available for O’Hare International Airport (ORD) for flights departing after 07:00 PM
207 W Cermak Rd. Chicago, IL 60616 at 8:00 PM
- 1. Arrive at departure location 10 to 15 minutes before the mentioned time to make sure you catch the bus on time. If in case you are late, the bus will not wait for you at the location and ultimately you will miss the entire tour (no refund in this case).
- 2. Return time on the website is just an estimation. Expect some variation always. Time may change depending on traffic and weather situations
- 3. There is a possibility that tour operator may use a shuttle to drop you off at the return location. It usually happens in the case of multiple return locations.
- 4. You can leave the tour at any place only after signing a Tour Departure Form for leaving the tour early.
- 5. Please note that price will stay the same even if you leave the tour early.
- 6. If you have booked a pre-tour hotel stay, then you will have to arrange your own transport from hotel to departure location.
- 7. If you have booked extra night hotel after the tour, then you will arrange transport from drop off point to hotel.
- 8. On West Coast tours some bus operators have a lot of departure locations. A slow start is expected on these tours.
Reservation, Booking & Redemption
Terms & Conditions
Any travel service purchases indicate your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions set out herein.
You are advised to carefully read through and understand these Terms & Conditions before making your booking.
You will get an email immediately once you place an order. Tour Confirmation usually takes 2, 3 days except for urgent order. Urgent orders can be confirmed in a day or even few hours, but we can’t assure success in these cases. On fewer occasions, some of the others may require a longer period of time for confirmation. You are advised not to book airline tickets unless you have received the confirmation.
E-Ticket (Mandatory to be on bus)
Your e-ticket includes complete operator information such as local telephone numbers at your destination. You are required to print the e-tickets and bring them along with you on the trip. They will be needed as proof of purchase.
Changes in Booking
You may incur a fee for any revisions or alterations made to the reservation when the booking has already been confirmed. Cancellation fees may be applied to things such as name changes or corrections. They may also apply to tour date changes or tour itinerary changes. Please note that no departure changes are permitted 72 hours before departure.
Changes in Tour Itinerary
We are continuously striving to improve tour itineraries and features. In the event of unforeseen circumstances that are beyond the control, we do reserve the right to vary the itineraries and to substitute hotels. Duplicate departures may operate during certain peak periods, sometimes in reverse order. As such, hotels may vary from those included on the itinerary pages.
If you wish to reschedule your tour (change the departure date or choose a different tour) then a reschedule fees may be applied. A reschedule fees of $25 or 6% (which one is higher) will be applied. Please note that all reschedule requests should be made before 18 days of tour departure. Requests made after the mentioned duration shall not be entertained.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection.
1. One room can accommodate maximum 4 people. Even if you are 5 people including 1 month old baby you still need 2 rooms.
2. If you can carry your child up to 3 years of age then you do not need to book seats for him. It may vary from one tour to another.
3. Service providers hold the right to change the itinerary and hotel arrangements without any notice.
4. Child (0-9 years) and Single traveler going on the tour have special rates. These prices vary from one tour to another.
5. Meals and Attractions are not included. You can ask your tour guide to try to arrange the meal for you as per your requirements. For attractions, admission fees pay it to the tour guide on the tour.
6. Prices may change without any notice because of prices fluctuation in the market.
7. All prices mentioned on the website are in US dollars.
8. In Case of Bank Wire Transfer customer have to bear Wire transfer fee.
9. Tour package price is inclusive of taxes.
10. Tour Prices are every individual and in view of room inhabitance.
Child rates are applicable for children between (0-12 years) of age. Parents are advised to bring car seats for the safety of their child.
Buy 2 Get 3rd discounted: Get 3rd Ticket on special discounted rates on the purchase of 2 tickets.
No matter the reason for the cancellation, we are forced to carry costly charges from out travel and hotel providers in the form of penalties and fees that re-incurred when there is a cancellation of confirmed or pending bookings. As such, there are cancellation penalties or fees incurred. Determination of the time of cancellation will be done when the notice is received and confirmed by our office. You must make any notice of cancellation directly to GoldenBusTours by email or webmail at the Contact Us section.
We reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule any tour departure with respect to operating requirement or circumstances beyond control. In case a cancellation is made at any given moment in time before departure, our only liability as GoldenBusTours will be to refund you, the passenger with the amount we received for the booking of the tour. We will try our best to re-book the same or similar tour. We are not responsible for any cancellation penalties that may have been incurred on any other travel arrangements inclusive of separate purchase of air tickets.
We are not liable for any other travel arrangements that have been affected as a result of the cancellations.
⇒ A 60% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3-10 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3 days before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs on departure day.
There is no refund for unused features. You forfeit the entire payment when you are a no show.
In order for there not to be a cancellation, a minimum number of participants are required. We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled trip although every effort is made by us to ensure that normal operations are maintained.
An add-on fee of 6% for handling fees is charged in addition to the above penalties.
Note: More 30 days after the completion of the tour, we cannot grant any refunds.
⇒ In the case of free passenger cancellation kindly update us 7 days before the departure.
⇒ In the case of late cancellation request or free passenger does not show up on tour day then $128 will be charged.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection.
3. Before booking any tour make sure to go through every detail like tour itinerary, tour price, cancellation policy, reschedule and refund policies.
4. You should either bring a printed copy of your E-Ticket or bring it in your smartphone on the day of tour departure. You should also bring a valid photo ID along with your E-Ticket. In the case of any issues for not carrying E-Ticket or Photo ID GoldenBusTour will not be responsible.
5. Make sure to provide a valid phone number so we can reach you in the case of any emergency.
6. Please read all important notes, inclusion, exclusion section, terms and conditions, policies and below notes.
6a. Tour Operator holds the right to cancel the tour at any time depending on poor weather condition or some other unforeseen circumstances. However, GoldenBusTour will update its customers about the cancellation and shall not be held accountable for charges other than tour fees.
6b. Change in tour price will not affect any confirmed booking.
6c. Tour Operator can change the order of itinerary at any time without any notice.
7. You will be responsible for your travel documents during the tour.
8. Reach Departure location about 20 to 30 minutes before departure time. Unfortunately, no one will wait for you in case you get in late. The bus mostly has Bus Operator name and logo on it. Even if you are five minutes late and miss the bus then GoldenBusTours or Tour Operator will not be responsible. There will be no refund in this case. You will be charged 100% tour fee.
we toured so many places on our 7-day exciting bus tour which picked us all from the Chicago city. The Elvis Presley mansion at the Memphis city was the one attraction which I read so much about in a novel and I didn’t even know that it was located there, love his music. Anyways, the entire seven days on tour were spent well. Oak Alley Plantation, French style region in the New Orleans, Great Smoky Mountains, Kentucky Horse Park, Purdue institute, all are now in my new best visiting list. I would just love to depart on this tour again! But one couldn’t get enough of the beauty of the places and fun on board.
the cultural diversity can be found in America at various regions. But the best of all is at the New Orleans. I remember that morning we arrived at the New Orleans at where had the coffee was the area inhabited with French community and had their own style architecture, shops, and cafes. We also saw the Saint Louis’s iconic Gateway Arch. Chattanooga city was the indeed the best, my grandfather born there, the mountainous scenic views on the way made me wonder that our country is so wonderful. The tour was not so excellent but it was just fine.
- 1. All reviews will be manually approved.
- 2. No Sign up required to post a review.
- 3. In case of any issue, please Email us your review with your username. We will post it on your behalf.