Chicago – Illinois – St. Louis
Guests will be starting the tour from Chicago Chinatown in the morning. First, our tour group travels towards Springfield, the capital and most important city in the US State of Illinois. Here, we will make the first stop at Lincoln Home National Historic Site where the American 16th president Abraham Lincoln lived from 1844 to 1861 before the White House (outside visit). Discover the charms of Old Illinois State Capitol, the oldest state capitol building in the country built in 1840 in a magnificent Greek revival architecture. Continue the journey towards St. Louis, the major and capital city in Missouri sitting on the Mississippi River. Browse the city’s iconic Gateway Arch, known as the world’s largest stainless steel arch. Guests will enjoy taking the charms Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis before returning to the hotels.
Hotel: Comfort Inn Festus or Similar.
St. Louis – Memphis
Depart St. Louis in the morning and head towards the Memphis City in Tennessee. The city is primarily known for its rich music history and vibrant culture. Here, our tour group will make the first stop at Graceland mansion, which was a home of Elvis Presley, also recognized as the King of Rock & Roll, and now the home is opened for the public as a museum. Guests will appreciate discovering the lifestyle and achievements of Elvis Presley in his colossal mansion which is designated as National Historic Landmark. Overnight return to the hotels.
Hotel: Ramada Pearl, Jackson Airport or Similar.
Oak Alley Plantation – New Orleans (Night Tour)
Today, our tour group arrives at New Orleans, a major city in Louisiana sitting on the Mississippi River. Make the first stop at Oak Alley Plantation, where the quarter-mile passageway lined up with plantation leads to a colossal mansion with a servant quarter nearby. After that, our guests will have a chance to board the Swamp Tour to discover the fascinating wildlife of New Orleans. Next, all the guests are invited to participate in our exclusive New Orleans Night Tour highlighting the lively culture, live jazz performances, top-notch attractions and more (optional tour). Overnight return to the hotels.
Hotel: Wingate by Wyndham Slidell, New Orleans East Area or Similar.
WWII Museum – Mississippi Steamboat Cruise
Today, our tour group will set in the morning and travel to the National WWII Museum, also known as the D-day Museum, housing the captivating maritime exhibits and achievements related to the allied victory in the second world war. Next, guests will board a sightseeing Jazz Steamboat Mississippi Cruise showcasing the breathtaking views of the region with live jazz performances while down on the Mississippi River – get excited! Later, our tour group returns to the hotels.
Hotel: Crowne Plaza near Sugar Land or Similar.
Austin – San Antonio (Night Tour)
Start the tour in the morning by heading towards Austin, the capital and most influential city in the US State of Texas. Here, our tour group will appreciate exploring the Texas State Capitol Building built in a spectacular neoclassical architecture (Inside Tour). Witness the charms of the renowned University of Texas at Austin (outside view). Next, we arrive at the Texas Military Forces Museum to browse the variety of maritime exhibits and achievements. Take a tour of the Natural Bridge Caverns, one of the largest commercial cavern systems with enthralling formations including the unique speleothems and other geological formations. We invite all the guests to participate in our exclusive St. Antonio Night Tour to enjoy the River Walk Cruise, explore the Tower of Americas and the vibrant nightlife scene of this sleepless old town (optional tour). Return to the hotels overnight.
Hotel: Best Western plus Fiesta San Antonio, Wyndham or Similar.
San Antonio – Houston
Today, our tour group explores the charms of San Antonio. First, our guests will be taken to the Alamo Mission site, the location for the significant historical battle of Alamo fought between the Mexican troops and the Texans in the year 1836. Continue towards The Buckhorn Saloon & Texas Ranger Museum comprising of Café, Gift Shop, Shooting Gallery, and Buckhorn Museum, and the Texas Ranger Museum. Next, our tour group will enjoy discovering the historical ambiance of Historic Market Square. Discover the breathtaking bird-eye views of the region from the top-flood of Tower of the Americas. Overnight return to the hotels.
Hotel: Crowne Plaza near Sugar Land or Similar.
Houston – Hometown
In the morning, our tour group will set off to discover the authentic culture of Houston. Begin the day by visiting the Toyota Center, which is a renowned indoor arena and a home to the Houston Rockets team. Guests will also browse the charms of the leading Rice University. Make a brief stop at the Hermann Park, and continue towards the Houston Museum of Natural which comprises of four different facilities featuring the Cockrell Butterfly Center, Wortham Giant Screen Theatre, and Burke Baker Planetarium. Appreciate visiting the George Ranch Historic Park, a world-renowned and the largest living museum showcasing the authentic lifestyle of four generations of Texans settlement. Next, our tour is concluded and guests will be transferred to George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) or William P. Hobby Airport (HOU) for the flights booked after 6:30 PM, guests may also choose to return to the Houston Chinatown.
- 1. The order of itinerary may change without any notice depending on weather situations or for some other unforeseen circumstances.
- 2. The order of activities held during the tour is planned by the tour guide. So, it may be different from what is mentioned on the tour page. On fewer occasions, Tour Guide has to skip an attraction or few during the tour depending on weather, traffic, group interest or some other reason.
- 3. Some attractions are seasonal. So, when they are closed they will be replaced with some other attraction.
- 4. You can skip some optional activities during the tour and plan something on your own. Make sure that you coordinate with Tour guide and stay with the group with next activity. Please note you cannot stay on the bus if you skip some optional activity.
- 5. Probable hotel names are mentioned in the itinerary. It can be similar or a different hotel of the similar rating. Exact Hotel details can only be provided one day before the departure.
- 6. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel.
- 7. These tours are conducted in a group. A group can have people of several cultures. We expect each person to coordinate with Tour guide to make sure things are on track.
- 8. Though attractions are optional but you have to at least take 2 attractions.
Passengers will be picked up and dropped off at their chosen locations. (Please take notice of locations and times of pick up)
All tours are carried out in air conditioned bus. We may also use a minivan depending on the number of people booking the tour.
A professional tour escort will be with you throughout the tour.
Tour package price includes all the taxes.
Fares for air travel and transport from home to and from the location chosen for pick-up.
Expenditure for personal purposes.
Fee for Optional Activities and entrance. Pay in cash to the tour guide. He will arrange tickets.Some attractions might be closed on public holidays. Optional activities price may change or can be different as displayed on the website.
A minimum tip of $10 per passenger per day for Tour Guide and Driver is not included in the price of the tour package. Pay it in cash to Tour guide and bus driver. This service fees collected from passengers complement the incomes of the driver and the tour guide. Tour Guide Tip will be $10 per day per person from the start of 2018.
Though the meals are excluded, but the guides will arrange them for you.
Room fees of personal nature, such as, laundry fees, telephone, service fees of valets, expenses on alcoholic drinks and what you buy from the mini bar. However, specified fees may be included.
Important Notice: Passengers are discouraged from purchasing admission packages from sources outside and trying to use them for this tour provided at a discounted price. In case they want to do so, they must arrange transport the same day.
|Attractions||Adult||Child(3-11 yrs)||Senior (65+ yrs)|
|Buckhorn Saloon & Museum, TX||$22.00||$17.00||$22.00|
|George Ranch Historical Park, TX||$15.00||$10.00||$12.00|
|Graceland (Elvis Presley Mansion), TN||$44.00||$22.00||$39.00|
|Houston Museum of Natural Science, TX||$25.00||$15.00||$15.00|
|Natural Bridge Cavern||$23.50||$15.25||$23.50|
|New Orleans Night Tour, LA||$25.00||$15.00||$25.00|
|New Orleans Steamboat, LA||$46.00||$23.00||$46.00|
|New Orleans Swamp Tour, LA||$27.00||$27.00||$16.00|
|Oak Alley Plantation, LA||$27.00||$12.00||$25.00|
|San Antonio Night Tour (Including Riverwalk Cruise), TX||$35.00||$25.00||$30.00|
|The National WWII Museum, LA||$28.00||$18.00||$24.00|
|Tower of America, TX||$14.00||$11.00||$12.00|
- 1. All the prices are listed in USD.
- 2. Tour display price is based on double occupancy. It is the price each person will pay if a group of two is traveling.
- 3. Prices may change without any notice.
- 4. Prices include hotel accommodation, transportation and taxes.
- 5. Admission Tickets to different places and meals are NOT included in the tour price.
- 6. Mandatory Tip for tour guide and driver are NOT included.
- 7. Only the tour guide can purchase entrance tickets for you. Pre-purchased tickets are NOT acceptable.
- 8. A free (i.e. Buy 2 Get 1 Free) person, not showing up on a departure date will result in a penalty. The penalty is usually the fourth person price, but it varies. Free person has to pay for some admission tickets that is included in the tour package price of Paid Person.
- 9. There must be at least one passenger of 18 years for every booking made with GoldenBusTours. For Children between the age group of 2 to 14 years, a different price will be charged. Please refer to Child price on our pricing calendar. Child Age may vary between different bus operators. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel. If the 5th person is infant you will be charged normally then with the second room as an expense.
- 10. Activities are optional though, but each customer has to participate in 2 activities at least. No city pass allowed. Some attractions are mandatory. Each customer has to take part in them and have to pay for them in cash.
At the end of the tour guests will be drop off in Houston Chinatown, Crowne Plaza Near Sugar Land or book your flights from George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH/HOU) Houston after 6:30 PM.
- 1. Arrive at departure location 10 to 15 minutes before the mentioned time to make sure you catch the bus on time. If in case you are late, the bus will not wait for you at the location and ultimately you will miss the entire tour (no refund in this case).
- 2. Return time on the website is just an estimation. Expect some variation always. Time may change depending on traffic and weather situations
- 3. There is a possibility that tour operator may use a shuttle to drop you off at the return location. It usually happens in the case of multiple return locations.
- 4. You can leave the tour at any place only after signing a Tour Departure Form for leaving the tour early.
- 5. Please note that price will stay the same even if you leave the tour early.
- 6. If you have booked a pre-tour hotel stay, then you will have to arrange your own transport from hotel to departure location.
- 7. If you have booked extra night hotel after the tour, then you will arrange transport from drop off point to hotel.
- 8. On West Coast tours some bus operators have a lot of departure locations. A slow start is expected on these tours.
Reservation, Booking & Redemption
Terms & Conditions
Any travel service purchases indicate your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions set out herein.
You are advised to carefully read through and understand these Terms & Conditions before making your booking.
You will get an email immediately once you place an order. Tour Confirmation usually takes 2, 3 days except for urgent order. Urgent orders can be confirmed in a day or even few hours, but we can’t assure success in these cases. On fewer occasions, some of the others may require a longer period of time for confirmation. You are advised not to book airline tickets unless you have received the confirmation.
E-Ticket (Mandatory to be on bus)
Your e-ticket includes complete operator information such as local telephone numbers at your destination. You are required to print the e-tickets and bring them along with you on the trip. They will be needed as proof of purchase.
Changes in Booking
You may incur a fee for any revisions or alterations made to the reservation when the booking has already been confirmed. Cancellation fees may be applied to things such as name changes or corrections. They may also apply to tour date changes or tour itinerary changes. Please note that no departure changes are permitted 72 hours before departure.
Changes in Tour Itinerary
We are continuously striving to improve tour itineraries and features. In the event of unforeseen circumstances that are beyond the control, we do reserve the right to vary the itineraries and to substitute hotels. Duplicate departures may operate during certain peak periods, sometimes in reverse order. As such, hotels may vary from those included on the itinerary pages.
If you wish to reschedule your tour (change the departure date or choose a different tour) then a reschedule fees may be applied. A reschedule fees of $25 or 6% (which one is higher) will be applied. Please note that all reschedule requests should be made before 18 days of tour departure. Requests made after the mentioned duration shall not be entertained.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection.
1. One room can accommodate maximum 4 people. Even if you are 5 people including 1 month old baby you still need 2 rooms.
2. If you can carry your child up to 3 years of age then you do not need to book seats for him. It may vary from one tour to another.
3. Service providers hold the right to change the itinerary and hotel arrangements without any notice.
4. Child (0-9 years) and Single traveler going on the tour have special rates. These prices vary from one tour to another.
5. Meals and Attractions are not included. You can ask your tour guide to try to arrange the meal for you as per your requirements. For attractions, admission fees pay it to the tour guide on the tour.
6. Prices may change without any notice because of prices fluctuation in the market.
7. All prices mentioned on the website are in US dollars.
8. In Case of Bank Wire Transfer customer have to bear Wire transfer fee.
9. Tour package price is inclusive of taxes.
10. Tour Prices are every individual and in view of room inhabitance.
11. Final hotels booked may not be same as the one mentioned on the website.
Child rates are applicable for children between (0-12 years) of age. Parents are advised to bring car seats for the safety of their child.
Buy 2 Get 3rd discounted: Get 3rd Ticket on special discounted rates on the purchase of 2 tickets.
No matter the reason for the cancellation, we are forced to carry costly charges from out travel and hotel providers in the form of penalties and fees that re-incurred when there is a cancellation of confirmed or pending bookings. As such, there are cancellation penalties or fees incurred. Determination of the time of cancellation will be done when the notice is received and confirmed by our office. You must make any notice of cancellation directly to GoldenBusTours by email or webmail at the Contact Us section.
We reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule any tour departure with respect to operating requirement or circumstances beyond control. In case a cancellation is made at any given moment in time before departure, our only liability as GoldenBusTours will be to refund you, the passenger with the amount we received for the booking of the tour. We will try our best to re-book the same or similar tour. We are not responsible for any cancellation penalties that may have been incurred on any other travel arrangements inclusive of separate purchase of air tickets.
We are not liable for any other travel arrangements that have been affected as a result of the cancellations.
⇒ A 15% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 13 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 40% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3-12 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3 days before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs on departure day.
An add-on fee of 6% for handling fees is charged in addition to the above penalties.
There is no refund for unused features. You forfeit the entire payment when you are a no show.
In order for there not to be a cancellation, a minimum number of participants are required. We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled trip although every effort is made by us to ensure that normal operations are maintained.
Note: More 30 days after the completion of the tour, we cannot grant any refunds.
⇒ In the case of free passenger cancellation kindly update us 7 days before the departure.
⇒ In the case of late cancellation request or free passenger does not show up on tour day then $128 will be charged.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection. If you reschedule tour and later decides to cancel it then cancellation charges will be applicable to the original departure date and not to the rescheduled one.
3. Before booking any tour make sure to go through every detail like tour itinerary, tour price, cancellation policy, reschedule and refund policies.
4. You should either bring a printed copy of your E-Ticket or bring it in your smartphone on the day of tour departure. You should also bring a valid photo ID along with your E-Ticket. In the case of any issues for not carrying E-Ticket or Photo ID GoldenBusTour will not be responsible.
5. Make sure to provide a valid phone number so we can reach you in the case of any emergency.
6. Please read all important notes, inclusion, exclusion section, terms and conditions, policies and below notes.
6a. Tour Operator holds the right to cancel the tour at any time depending on poor weather condition or some other unforeseen circumstances. However, GoldenBusTour will update its customers about the cancellation and shall not be held accountable for charges other than tour fees.
6b. Change in tour price will not affect any confirmed booking.
6c. Tour Operator can change the order of itinerary at any time without any notice.
7. You will be responsible for your travel documents during the tour.
8. Reach Departure location about 20 to 30 minutes before departure time. Unfortunately, no one will wait for you in case you get in late. The bus mostly has Bus Operator name and logo on it. Even if you are five minutes late and miss the bus then GoldenBusTours or Tour Operator will not be responsible. There will be no refund in this case. You will be charged 100% tour fee.
Previously, I couldn’t find my ways to the landmarks in Mid-Mississippi. I was unaware of its streets. Then somebody told me to book this tour, who himself really had an amazing time on this tour. All the services were up to the standard with reasonable prices, the tour guides were professionals and the staff was well-trained. To behest, the best time we had so far on this tour was at the Houston City and before that, we definitely enjoyed the cruise on Mississippi River. I like the way the tour guide provided us the quality services by guiding us and giving us all the information we wanted. the transportation was much fine, even it was too congested on the bus. The best time was in the Swamp Tours, we experienced safe boat rides with turtles, alligators, ibis, snakes, and other aquatic organisms around. Overall, it’s a lovely bus tour; it had so many wonderful stops throughout the course of a week.
Thank You, team!! For making these 7 days worthwhile, I always thought that such tours were some kind of trick but I, however, booked this tour to get experience. Fortunately, it became an amazing experience of my life. However, in the start of this bus tour, I didn’t realize that we are going to have so much fun while visiting the good places like the Gateway Arch, Houston City, Oak Alley Plantation, mentioning the hour cruise on Mississippi River helped us get around the famous attractions of the area. I became friends with our guide, who himself was a very nice gentleman. We traveled to all the renowned places in mid- South Mississippi. It was really fun. However, the transportation disturbed me a bit as it had less space to accommodate all the visitors and the luggage. We definitely like board another exciting tour on our next summer vacations, we are nothing but thankful for this amazing bus tour.
The Historical sites of Mississippi always aroused my curiosity. To exploit the fun of these sites to the whole, I booked this tour. I was really relieved to see the offers this tour provided. The reason for us to board this amazing tour to go explore the famous places in Houston, San Antonio, especially in Tennessee, loved the Graceland mansion there, loved how they preserved all the stuff that belongs to home. The whole team, expert tour guides, experienced staff, fine transportation, magnificent hotels, and delicious dishes were a part of this amazing tour. The best sites I enjoyed were National World War II Museum and Lincoln Home National Historic Site, where we witnessed some fine features of the past including the WW II monuments. However, the overall price, at first, seemed low but after the tour, it increased a lot and eventually disturbed my budget.
I don’t we really wanted to go visit the Mardi Grass World warehouse, it was just not worth spending time, after all, we see all those floats on the televisions, and for me, it’s not much fascinating. The most and exciting place was the George Ranch Historic Park where they built an entire living museum with a replica of the authentic lifestyle of the ancient people who first inhabited this land in the country. I loved how the bus trip was managed by the team, the tour guide was all the way with us guiding and delivering us the all the information we needed. Too bad, we could only visit the Lincoln Home National Historic Site for the outside and not from the inside since we really traveled such a long distance to see how the president lived in his home back in the days, anyhow, we still managed to have such a great time on this bus tour. Thanks for the tour.
It was lovely being part of the tour that started all the way from Chicago too so many wonderful places. We have the entire week to spend on this bus tour, so we came all the way ready from New Zealand. The tour guide escorted us as we reached the Chicago City, the tour guide was such a nice person, who played an important role in providing us the quality services we were looking for. Another thing, I like the most about this bus tour is its amazing service to book the tour seats on the website, we just went on the web and book the tour seats after finding the good places that we wanted to visit. As we booked the seats they provided us with date and timing, one thing that the tour management is quite punctual and stick to the time they have on the schedule. I like enjoying the bus tour with the entire team. In fact, our whole family was on board with us, therefore, we enjoyed the bus trip since they provided us what they promised. Thanks a lot1
we were a little worried before boarding the bus tour from Chicago. The tour manager met us at the Chinatown of Chicago, and then as we all up on the bus then, we traveled the to the state capitol from there, then we visited the Lincoln home, although, I didn’t happen to have such a great time on the first day. The fun started as we visited the New Orleans, French Quarter, and the cruise on the Mississippi Cruise. The great thing about tour experience is that it had the sightseeing cruise on the Mississippi which made this whole trip so remarkable and memorable for all of us. Thanks for managing this bus tour so well.
I’m a working woman. When I got some time to relax, I decided to book this tour to travel around Mid-South Mississippi. These 7 days were quite fun. The hotels were much relaxing and the food was good. The guides escorted us the whole day, giving us the information we needed. But transportation was not good at all. It was less spacious and there were too many people on the bus in a single turn. With mostly men around, I felt insecure. There were already so many people at the famous places which we visited, not going to say all the places were crowded, and usually, on weekends, the crowd was massive. On the bottom line, the tour was fine. Discovering the New Orleans was the most interesting thing in the whole tour.
- 1. All reviews will be manually approved.
- 2. No Sign up required to post a review.
- 3. In case of any issue, please Email us your review with your username. We will post it on your behalf.