Chicago City Tour
In the morning, our tour begins in Chicago. Guests will set off to explore the core charms of Chicago city. First, our tour group explores the famous Millennium Park which is surrounded by the magnificent architecture and Lake Michigan shoreline. Guests will appreciate browsing the iconic Cloud Gate attractions in the Millennium Park. Make a brief stop at Grant Park, also known as one of the largest urban parks in the country. Take a tour of the historic Chicago Theater which hosts a number of world-renowned events, shows, and performances. The Art Institute of Chicago is also known as the second largest art museum in the country; guests surely don’t miss exploring the charms of the Art Institute of Chicago. Discover the famous Chicago Water Tower and arrive at Michigan Avenue. Next, our guests will experience an enchanting Chicago Cruise on the Chicago River sightseeing the magnificent architecture of the city. Enjoy visiting the 360-Chicago Observatory and discover the awe-inspiring bird-eye views of vibrant Chicago. Guests will also witness the famous landmarks in Chicago ranging from Navy Pier to Clarence Buckingham Memorial Fountain, Marina City, Trump Tower, Willis Tower, and more. Overnight stay in Chicago.
Hotel: Best Western Plus O’Hare International South Hotel, or Similar.
Chicago – Milwaukee – Green Bay – Escanaba
Guests will depart from Chicago in the morning and head towards Milwaukee city which is the industrial hub and the most primary city in the US State of Wisconsin. Here, guests will enter the Harley Davidson Museum to learn about the history of the Harley Davidson Automobiles. Guests will be fascinated by the historical Harley automobiles and some of Harley Davidson automobile exhibits are ranging back to 100 years. After that, guests will be taken to the Milwaukee Public Market. Discover the variety of fresh food, as well as taste a delicious meal amongst the variety of eateries. Appreciate visiting the famous Crescent Beach Board Walk, discover the wide-spreading soft sand beaches with the magnificent waterfront view and much more. Our next stop is the Green Bay, which is a historical region where the French settlement in the 17th century marks its significance. Guests will taste a delicious meal at Green Bay. After that, we return to Escanaba to spend the night.
Hotel: La Quinta Inn Wausau, Quality Inn or Similar.
Escanaba – Lake Superior (Pictured Rocks) – Tahquamenon Falls – Sault Ste. Marie – St. Ignace
In the morning, our tour group leaves the Escanaba city and travels towards the famous Miner’s Castle. Upon arrivals, guests will appreciate discovering the charms of this attraction featuring the array of spectacular geological formations, soaring rock cliffs, as well as the clear waters of the Lake Superior enhances the beauty of the Miner’s Castle. After that, our tour group arrives at the Miner’s Beach, located just ahead of the Miner’s Castle. Here, guests will appreciate spending some time on the soft sand beach which offers a wide number of activities, as well as the breathtaking waterfront views. Next, our guests arrive at the Point Iroquois Lighthouse where we will relish discovering the scenic views of the meeting point of Lake Superior and Lake Huron. The fun will begin as soon as guess experience the Soo Lock Sightseeing Cruise from the Lower Harbor; enjoy witnessing the charms of the region. Return to St. Ignace city to spend the night.
Hotel: Soo Locks Lodge, Days Inn Sault Ste. Marie or Similar.
St. Ignace – Lake Michigan, Lake Huron (Mackinac Island) – Frankenmuth
Start the day early in the morning by departing the St. Ignace and travel towards the Mackinaw City. Upon arrivals, our tour leader will manage a ferry ride to reach the Mackinac Island. Mackinac Island is known for its pristine natural environment with lush greenery, trails, arches, and countless activities, sitting on the Lake Huron, the Mackinac Island is located amid the Upper and Lower Michigan Peninsulas. Our next stop is the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore situated on the Lower Peninsula, also recognized as one of the most scenic regions. After that, we are headed towards the famous Traverse City which best known for the massive cherry harvest, as well it hosts a yearly Cherry festival, and much more. Return to Frankenmuth city to spend the night.
Hotel: Baymont by Wyndham Grand Rapids SW, Byron Center or Similar.
Traverse City – Holland – Kalamazoo – Chicago
Guests will depart from Traverse City and travel to the famous Holland City in the US State of Michigan. Upon arrival, guests will make a stop at the Big Red Lighthouse where the breathtaking views of the region will captivate the visitors. After that, our guests will experience the Downtown Holland Walking Tour which showcases the best landmarks of the region. Continue the journey towards the famous Windmill Island housing one of the largest windmill plants in the country. In the afternoon, guests will enter the renowned Gilmore Car Museum which is home to the largest collection of historical and vintage automobiles collected from all around the world. In the late afternoon, our tour group will return to Chicago to conclude the tour.
- 1. The order of itinerary may change without any notice depending on weather situations or for some other unforeseen circumstances.
- 2. The order of activities held during the tour is planned by the tour guide. So, it may be different from what is mentioned on the tour page. On fewer occasions, Tour Guide has to skip an attraction or few during the tour depending on weather, traffic, group interest or some other reason.
- 3. Some attractions are seasonal. So, when they are closed they will be replaced with some other attraction.
- 4. You can skip some optional activities during the tour and plan something on your own. Make sure that you coordinate with Tour guide and stay with the group with next activity. Please note you cannot stay on the bus if you skip some optional activity.
- 5. Probable hotel names are mentioned in the itinerary. It can be similar or a different hotel of the similar rating. Exact Hotel details can only be provided one day before the departure.
- 6. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel.
- 7. These tours are conducted in a group. A group can have people of several cultures. We expect each person to coordinate with Tour guide to make sure things are on track.
- 8. Though attractions are optional but you have to at least take 2 attractions.
Most of the tours are carried out in air conditioned bus. A minivan can also be used depending on the number of people booking the tour.
Tour is inclusive of hotel accommodation.
Inclusive of all taxes.
Tour is accompanied by the tour guide.
Rates could alter without prior notice.
Optional fees will be paid in cash to the guide. Optional activities price may change or can be different as displayed on the website.
Guide will arrange meals and drinks when requested as they are not included in the package.
Daily Service charges for driver and the guide is $10 minimum per person.
Such expenses as telephone services, alcoholic drinks, beverages and laundry services which are private room services.
Services related to travel insurance.
Other personal expenses.
Important: We never encourage customers to purchase admission packages from outside sources and try using them in this tour with discount. If they do, they must arrange transport on the same day. If you skip some attraction, you cannot do it on your own. You can sit near the bus or visit some nearby place, but you will not be allowed to sit in the bus.
|Attractions||Adult||Child(3-11 yrs)||Senior (65+ yrs)|
|Amber Twin waterfalls, IL||$18.00||$12.00||$18.00|
|Art Institute of Chicago, IL||$25.00||$0.00||$25.00|
|Chicago 360, IL||$28.00||$21.00||$28.00|
|Chicago Cruise, IL||$39.00||$18.00||$35.00|
|Chicago Theater, IL||$15.00||$10.00||$15.00|
|German Style Dinner, MI||$32.00||$21.00||$32.00|
|Harley Davidson Museum, IL||$20.00||$10.00||$14.00|
|Mackinac Island Ferry & Carriage, MI||$53.00||$24.00||$53.00|
|Soo Lock Elevating Cruise, MI||$29.00||$12.00||$29.00|
|The Henry Ford Museum, MI||$23.00||$17.25||$21.00|
- 1. All the prices are listed in USD.
- 2. Tour display price is based on double occupancy. It is the price each person will pay if a group of two is traveling.
- 3. Prices may change without any notice.
- 4. Prices include hotel accommodation, transportation and taxes.
- 5. Admission Tickets to different places and meals are NOT included in the tour price.
- 6. Mandatory Tip for tour guide and driver are NOT included.
- 7. Only the tour guide can purchase entrance tickets for you. Pre-purchased tickets are NOT acceptable.
- 8. A free (i.e. Buy 2 Get 1 Free) person, not showing up on a departure date will result in a penalty. The penalty is usually the fourth person price, but it varies. Free person has to pay for some admission tickets that is included in the tour package price of Paid Person.
- 9. There must be at least one passenger of 18 years for every booking made with GoldenBusTours. For Children between the age group of 2 to 14 years, a different price will be charged. Please refer to Child price on our pricing calendar. Child Age may vary between different bus operators. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel. If the 5th person is infant you will be charged normally then with the second room as an expense.
- 10. Activities are optional though, but each customer has to participate in 2 activities at least. No city pass allowed. Some attractions are mandatory. Each customer has to take part in them and have to pay for them in cash.
Free Airport Drop off service is available for O’Hare International Airport (ORD) for flights departing after 07:00 PM
- 1. Arrive at departure location 10 to 15 minutes before the mentioned time to make sure you catch the bus on time. If in case you are late, the bus will not wait for you at the location and ultimately you will miss the entire tour (no refund in this case).
- 2. Return time on the website is just an estimation. Expect some variation always. Time may change depending on traffic and weather situations
- 3. There is a possibility that tour operator may use a shuttle to drop you off at the return location. It usually happens in the case of multiple return locations.
- 4. You can leave the tour at any place only after signing a Tour Departure Form for leaving the tour early.
- 5. Please note that price will stay the same even if you leave the tour early.
- 6. If you have booked a pre-tour hotel stay, then you will have to arrange your own transport from hotel to departure location.
- 7. If you have booked extra night hotel after the tour, then you will arrange transport from drop off point to hotel.
- 8. On West Coast tours some bus operators have a lot of departure locations. A slow start is expected on these tours.
Reservation, Booking & Redemption
Terms & Conditions
Any travel service purchases indicate your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions set out herein.
You are advised to carefully read through and understand these Terms & Conditions before making your booking.
You will get an email immediately once you place an order. Tour Confirmation usually takes 2, 3 days except for urgent order. Urgent orders can be confirmed in a day or even few hours, but we can’t assure success in these cases. On fewer occasions, some of the others may require a longer period of time for confirmation. You are advised not to book airline tickets unless you have received the confirmation.
E-Ticket (Mandatory to be on bus)
Your e-ticket includes complete operator information such as local telephone numbers at your destination. You are required to print the e-tickets and bring them along with you on the trip. They will be needed as proof of purchase.
Changes in Booking
You may incur a fee for any revisions or alterations made to the reservation when the booking has already been confirmed. Cancellation fees may be applied to things such as name changes or corrections. They may also apply to tour date changes or tour itinerary changes. Please note that no departure changes are permitted 72 hours before departure.
Changes in Tour Itinerary
We are continuously striving to improve tour itineraries and features. In the event of unforeseen circumstances that are beyond the control, we do reserve the right to vary the itineraries and to substitute hotels. Duplicate departures may operate during certain peak periods, sometimes in reverse order. As such, hotels may vary from those included on the itinerary pages.
If you wish to reschedule your tour (change the departure date or choose a different tour) then a reschedule fees may be applied. A reschedule fees of $25 or 6% (which one is higher) will be applied. Please note that all reschedule requests should be made before 18 days of tour departure. Requests made after the mentioned duration shall not be entertained.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection.
1. One room can accommodate maximum 4 people. Even if you are 5 people including 1 month old baby you still need 2 rooms.
2. If you can carry your child up to 3 years of age then you do not need to book seats for him. It may vary from one tour to another.
3. Service providers hold the right to change the itinerary and hotel arrangements without any notice.
4. Child (0-9 years) and Single traveler going on the tour have special rates. These prices vary from one tour to another.
5. Meals and Attractions are not included. You can ask your tour guide to try to arrange the meal for you as per your requirements. For attractions, admission fees pay it to the tour guide on the tour.
6. Prices may change without any notice because of prices fluctuation in the market.
7. All prices mentioned on the website are in US dollars.
8. In Case of Bank Wire Transfer customer have to bear Wire transfer fee.
9. Tour package price is inclusive of taxes.
10. Tour Prices are every individual and in view of room inhabitance.
11. Final hotels booked may not be same as the one mentioned on the website.
Child rates are applicable for children between (0-12 years) of age. Parents are advised to bring car seats for the safety of their child.
Buy 2 Get 3rd discounted: Get 3rd Ticket on special discounted rates on the purchase of 2 tickets.
No matter the reason for the cancellation, we are forced to carry costly charges from out travel and hotel providers in the form of penalties and fees that re-incurred when there is a cancellation of confirmed or pending bookings. As such, there are cancellation penalties or fees incurred. Determination of the time of cancellation will be done when the notice is received and confirmed by our office. You must make any notice of cancellation directly to GoldenBusTours by email or webmail at the Contact Us section.
We reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule any tour departure with respect to operating requirement or circumstances beyond control. In case a cancellation is made at any given moment in time before departure, our only liability as GoldenBusTours will be to refund you, the passenger with the amount we received for the booking of the tour. We will try our best to re-book the same or similar tour. We are not responsible for any cancellation penalties that may have been incurred on any other travel arrangements inclusive of separate purchase of air tickets.
We are not liable for any other travel arrangements that have been affected as a result of the cancellations.
⇒ A 15% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 13 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 40% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3-12 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3 days before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs on departure day.
An add-on fee of 6% for handling fees is charged in addition to the above penalties.
There is no refund for unused features. You forfeit the entire payment when you are a no show.
In order for there not to be a cancellation, a minimum number of participants are required. We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled trip although every effort is made by us to ensure that normal operations are maintained.
Note: More 30 days after the completion of the tour, we cannot grant any refunds.
⇒ In the case of free passenger cancellation kindly update us 7 days before the departure.
⇒ In the case of late cancellation request or free passenger does not show up on tour day then $128 will be charged.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection. If you reschedule tour and later decides to cancel it then cancellation charges will be applicable to the original departure date and not to the rescheduled one.
3. Before booking any tour make sure to go through every detail like tour itinerary, tour price, cancellation policy, reschedule and refund policies.
4. You should either bring a printed copy of your E-Ticket or bring it in your smartphone on the day of tour departure. You should also bring a valid photo ID along with your E-Ticket. In the case of any issues for not carrying E-Ticket or Photo ID GoldenBusTour will not be responsible.
5. Make sure to provide a valid phone number so we can reach you in the case of any emergency.
6. Please read all important notes, inclusion, exclusion section, terms and conditions, policies and below notes.
6a. Tour Operator holds the right to cancel the tour at any time depending on poor weather condition or some other unforeseen circumstances. However, GoldenBusTour will update its customers about the cancellation and shall not be held accountable for charges other than tour fees.
6b. Change in tour price will not affect any confirmed booking.
6c. Tour Operator can change the order of itinerary at any time without any notice.
7. You will be responsible for your travel documents during the tour.
8. Reach Departure location about 20 to 30 minutes before departure time. Unfortunately, no one will wait for you in case you get in late. The bus mostly has Bus Operator name and logo on it. Even if you are five minutes late and miss the bus then GoldenBusTours or Tour Operator will not be responsible. There will be no refund in this case. You will be charged 100% tour fee.
Lake Superior was so fascinating to visit in this trip. I was much excited about some amazing places but the itinerary was a bit changed due to some seasonal issue. As it was already mentioned that change can occur but then alternatives were provided, we were okay with new options and did not miss the chance to make fun at every possible destination. I simply loved the experience at Hotel Grand to taste coffee. It was a wonderful time I spent there. My tour guide joined us in every fun, thank you for being there to make our time memorable. Thanks a lot! Highly recommended to all.
Finally, we got the holidays from our work. There was no best way to enjoy the holidays than this bus tour. Great facility of online seat booking was impressive, I think there should be competition in the tourism business. We found and booked this tour online rather than going somewhere like their office, it was quite easy for us to book the seats online. On the first day, we just spend more time Chicago, the tour operator said that we were going to explore the best of Chicago on our first day, and quite shockingly we actually explored the best of Chicago on our first day. The reason to like this bus tour is simple as they delivered what they promised us, and we just kept ourselves enjoying the bus journey. Miss the days now!
when it comes to the visiting and tourists destination, America is offering the best tour packages and of course the world most famous places. I have also toured New Zealand, United Kingdom but not like this American famous bus tours. From vehicle museums to parks, lakes, mountains, city life, natural attraction and much more were on this tour included. Such a spectacular time we spend in the Seattle city! The other thing which made my experience good was the luxury accommodations.
Believe me, I have been living in for a few years from now, and I realized that I have missed out the best of Chicago until I experience this bus tour. Starting the journey from Chicago, my hometown, I happen to discover so much about the great places not just in Chicago City. The tour guide was such a nice person who provided us with useful information and guided so much, first I thought he’s doing his job exceptionally to get better tips but then we found out that, mark, our tour guide was highly committed to his job. Special thanks to marking, without his services, the tour couldn’t have been that amazing. Great hotel stays!
Milwaukee Public Market has changed entirely ever since we visited in 2001. Not just that, there were quite a lot of places we visited that seemed quite different as compared to what I remember when I visited them. I already had a week off in the USA, then my relatives suggested me this bus tour to keep myself busy and enjoying while I’m in the country. Anyways, the Harley Davidson Museum was such informative place, we discovered so many Harley Davidson historical choppers and bikes. The Gilmore Car Museum was also one of the best place scheduled on this bus trip. Everybody on the bus seemed to enjoy this trip. At the end of the days, we had such a nice hotel room reserved for us. The bus tour was managed quite well. Thank you for making my days better in America.
The tour bus was waiting for us in the morning at the departure location, the tour person gave us warm welcome, and then they helped us put our backpacks, the first impression was nice. Then, we wandered around the Chicago city visiting places, like Cloud Gate Park, Water Tower, the cruise on Chicago River gave us a pretty neat overview of this town. Later that day, the tour person escort us to the hotels and he found the cheapest hotel for my friends and myself since we knew the prices are quite high for the foreign travelers, there we tried enjoying the tour to the fullest on our low budget and it turned out pretty actually. I’m nothing but thankful for this amazing team!
Don’t know why we spent so much time at the Miners Castle and then the Miners Beach. The Miners Beach was actually better because there we could just walk around the wide spreading sand beaches along the shoreline which delivered a great time. Also, there was this ferry ride to the Mackinac Island, the tour guide told us that there is a way by road to reach that island, it’s either by ferry or by a plane to reach the island, but that island was not as pristine as though it would be, yet still quite wonderful. I think this bus tour is a paradise for photography lovers, the views and places were extraordinary. I’m grateful to our crew who reserved a decent hotel room for us.
I boarded all alone and booked the tickets the day before I joined it. It gets a little lonely when you travel alone because we did quite much of a traveling and I was just judging everything because I didn’t have anything better to do while traveling on the bus. However, the places were really good including the entire Milwaukee and Lake Superior, as well the Chicago’s attraction such as the Cloud Gate. Good days they were!
I am a true lover od exploring places. this tour was above my expectation. it was such a lovely experience to explore many new places. Chicago city is itself a fun having wide range of attractions. 1000 feet above Lake Michigan was extremely a fun. My friend joined me on this trip and was not okay with height but I enjoyed a lot and the cruise experience was also full of excitement. We paid additional charges but time was really short to enjoy the cruise experience. I found punctuality in the bus tour service. A little suggestion to have more time there to spend where we pay additional charges. Rest all was fine and perfect. We were relaxed and comfortable during the entire trip. Thanks
It was a trip of amazing destinations and lots of places we covered. More or less all places were amazing with their different nature but visit to Harley-Davidson Museum was exception in this trip. I realized that when it comes to experience tour packages America stands first in it. Very affordable and comfortable tours are offered and I can say this after experiencing this bus tour. Good days were there and I experienced that many places were touched in all these days as were mentioned in the itinerary. Big thanks and love! I will defiantly join some other tour next time.
I was so excited about all places in the itinerary but Mackinac Island was the best place among all destinations which were visited. My nephew was there with me and he was very excited about Grand Hotel and Harley-Davidson Museum. He loved experiencing the incredible collection of bikes. On returning home he was only talking about the bike collection that inspired him a lot. We enjoyed the food and had fun in Chicago city as well. Big thanks to our driver Lee for your smooth and comfortable driving and picking and dropping us on time with full responsibility. Great memories!
- 1. All reviews will be manually approved.
- 2. No Sign up required to post a review.
- 3. In case of any issue, please Email us your review with your username. We will post it on your behalf.