2-Day Chicago to Michigan Avenue, Chicago Theatre and Chicago City In-depth Tour (Free Airport Pickup)
Tour Code: GOL-CHI-132A
Duration: 2 Day(s) / 1 Night(s)
Tour Guide: Chinese, English
- 7 Days left
Experience: UNESCO, Family
Extra (Excluded): Wifi, Meal etc...
Tour Guide:Chinese, English
Sat (2017-03-06 To 2017-12-31)
Register your name for the 2-day tour early as it is a regular weekend tour on Saturdays. You will be visiting significant places in and around Chicago, and this includes the University of Chicago, famous buildings, John Hancock Building offering 360 views, Magnificent Mile, Shedd Aquarium and the not-to-miss Chicago Theater. Pick-up service is available from the airport.
Guests will receive airport pick-up service on the first day, and there is no mid-way airport pick-ups arranged. Visitors coming from the hotel may come to the meeting point at 9.00 am.
The tour day starts with visiting the world famous building of the University of Chicago. We will have a complete tour of the university campus that is the home of 89 Nobel Laureates. After this, we will take the elevator ride on John Hancock Building to reach the top from where you can see Michigan Lake and Chicago’s beautiful skyline. This is followed by visiting Magnificent Mile. Truly it is magnificent featuring the best brands. You will have enough time to have lunch and to shop.
In the noon, get relaxed by visiting the Shedd Aquarium, the one of its kind featuring more than 700 ocean types and 600 sea creatures in the indoor aquarium. We will go to Chinatown to have dinner before going back to hotels.
Pick-up location: O’Hare Airport or at 207 W Cermak, Chicago, IL 60616 at 9 am
Hotel: Best Western or Jaslin Hotel or Similar.
Chinatown neighborhood in Chicago is located on the South Side of Armor Square Community, the area is sometimes referred to as the New Chinatown and is filled with many Chinese.
The third most populated city in US, Chicago is an international hub for technology, industry, finance, commerce, transportation and telecommunication. The O’Hare airport is recorded to be the second busiest airport in terms of air traffic in the world.
It is actually a cruise which one can avail for tourism purpose from the Michigan Lake. Lake Michigan is considered one of the largest lake of North America. It is the only Known Lake which is located totally in the US border.
An upscale section of Chicago’s Michigan Avenue is said to be as Magnificent Mile. In the near North Side, it is running from Chicago River to Oak Street.
An indoor public aquarium situated in Chicago, Illinois, it has over 32000 animals. It was the first of its kind to have a saltwater fish collection. The aquarium receives 2 million footfalls a year. It also received awards and recognition from Association of Zoos and Aquariums in 1999 for Seahorse Symphony, in 2001 Amazing Rising and in 2004 for Wildlife Reef.
The Day 2 of this tour starts by visiting the 100 years old Theater that stands for the history of this city. It has witnessed the progress of Chicago. Taking a look at the interior decorations is surely going to take you by surprise. Besides, you will get a clear insight of the ins, outs and the backstage of this historic Theater. Then, you will go alongside the Chicago River taking a cruise and bask in the beautiful silence or go around the city on a walking tour. Discover with your local tour guide about the hidden gems of this town, the skyscrapers, and their influence. Following this, we will visit the Cloud Gate and Crown Fountain.
Then visit the Best Museum in the world, the Art Institute of Chicago that features and expansive collection of old to new times art from many countries. We will then take you to the Airport.
Drop-off Location: 207 W Cermak Rd. Chicago, IL 60616, or, O’Hare International Airport (ORD).
Note: Book your return flights departing from ORD after 7:00PM.
Architectural Cruise is a great way to enjoy holidays, the cruise shows the best architecture of the state of Illinois. The architecture is adorned and appreciated by all and the cruise is extremely enjoyable.
The Art Institute of Chicago is an encyclopedic art museum. It features many different exhibits that are beautiful to watch. There are old master pieces there comprising of Asian art, Islamic art, Egyptian art and many more.
Chicago Bean or Cloud Gate is a sculpture made by Indian born artist AnishKapoor. The sculpture is the center piece of the Millennium Park. It is made of stainless steel and has got the name of Chicago Bean because of its shape.
Chicago Rivers are a system of many different canals and rivers which combine to a length of 156 miles and runs through the city. It is famous for its man-made and natural history.
Originally known as Balaban and Katz Chicago theatre, the Chicago Theatre is a landmark in State Street, Chicago. Opened in 1921, currently owned by Madison Square Garden, Inc. the theatre holds 3600 people and hosts stage plays, comedy, speeches, magic shows and music concerts.
- The order of itinerary may change without any notice depending on weather situations or for some other unforeseen circumstances.
- The order of activities held during the tour is planned by the tour guide. So, it may be different from what is mentioned on the tour page. On fewer occasions, Tour Guide has to skip an attraction or few during the tour depending on weather, traffic, group interest or some other reason.
- Some attractions are seasonal. So, when they are closed they will be replaced with some other attraction.
- You can skip some optional activities during the tour and plan something on your own. Make sure that you coordinate with Tour guide and stay with the group with next activity. Please note you cannot stay on the bus if you skip some optional activity.
- Probable hotel names are mentioned in the itinerary. It can be similar or a different hotel of the similar rating. Exact Hotel details can only be provided one day before the departure.
- Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel.
- These tours are conducted in a group. A group can have people of several cultures. We expect each person to coordinate with Tour guide to make sure things are on track.
- Though attractions are optional but you have to at least take 2 attractions.
Most of the tours are carried out in air conditioned bus. A minivan can also be used depending on the number of people booking the tour.
Tour is inclusive of hotel accommodation.
Inclusive of all taxes.
Tour is accompanied by the tour guide.
Free Airport Pickup is available on this tour.
Fares for air travel and transport from home to and from the location chosen for pick-up.
Airport pickup service charges $10/person.
Expenditure for personal purposes.
Fee for Optional Activities and entrance. Pay in cash to the tour guide. He will arrange tickets.Some attractions might be closed on public holidays. Optional activities price may change or can be different as displayed on the website.
A minimum tip of $10 per passenger per day for Tour Guide and Driver is not included in the price of the tour package. Pay it in cash to Tour guide and bus driver. This service fees collected from passengers complement the incomes of the driver and the tour guide.
Though the meals are excluded,but the guides will arrange them for you.
Room fees of personal nature, such as, laundry fees, telephone, service fees of valets, expenses on alcoholic drinks and what you buy from the mini bar. However, specified fees may be included.
Important Notice: Passengers are discouraged from purchasing admission packages from sources outside and trying to use them for this tour provided at a discounted price. In case they want to do so, they must arrange transport the same day. If you skip some attraction, you cannot do it on your own. You can sit near the bus or visit some nearby place, but you will not be allowed to sit in the bus.
|Attractions||Adult||Child(3-11 yrs)||Senior (65+ yrs)|
|Architectural Cruise, IL||$39.00||$18.00||$35.00|
|Art Institute of Chicago, IL||$25.00||$0.00||$25.00|
|Chicago Theater, IL||$18.00||$13.00||$18.00|
|Shedd Aquarium, IL||$31.00||$22.00||$31.00|
- All the prices are listed in USD.
- Tour display price is based on double occupancy. It is the price each person will pay if a group of two is traveling.
- Prices may change without any notice.
- Prices include hotel accommodation, transportation and taxes.
- Admission Tickets to different places and meals are NOT included in the tour price.
- Mandatory Tip for tour guide and driver are NOT included.
- Only the tour guide can purchase entrance tickets for you. Pre-purchased tickets are NOT acceptable.
- A free (i.e. Buy 2 Get 1 Free) person, not showing up on a departure date will result in a penalty. The penalty is usually the fourth person price, but it varies. Free person has to pay for some admission tickets that is included in the tour package price of Paid Person.
- There must be at least one passenger of 18 years for every booking made with GoldenBusTours. For Children between the age group of 2 to 14 years, a different price will be charged. Please refer to Child price on our pricing calendar. Child Age may vary between different bus operators. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel. If the 5th person is infant you will be charged normally then with the second room as an expense.
- Activities are optional though, but each customer has to participate in 2 activities at least. No city pass allowed. Some attractions are mandatory. Each customer has to take part in them and have to pay for them in cash.
- 207 W Cermak Rd. Chicago, IL 60616 at 7:00 PM
- Paid airport drop off service is available for return flight from Midway International Airport (MDW) after 7:00 PM
- Kindly book your flights to depart from O'Hare(Airport) after 7:00 PM as there will be travel activities on the last day.Free Drop off to this Airport but only at the time mentioned before.
- Arrive at departure location 10 to 15 minutes before the mentioned time to make sure you catch the bus on time. If in case you are late, the bus will not wait for you at the location and ultimately you will miss the entire tour (no refund in this case).
- Return time on the website is just an estimation. Expect some variation always. Time may change depending on traffic and weather situations
- There is a possibility that tour operator may use a shuttle to drop you off at the return location. It usually happens in the case of multiple return locations.
- You can leave the tour at any place only after signing a Tour Departure Form for leaving the tour early.
- Please note that price will stay the same even if you leave the tour early.
- If you have booked a pre-tour hotel stay, then you will have to arrange your own transport from hotel to departure location.
- If you have booked extra night hotel after the tour, then you will arrange transport from drop off point to hotel.
- On West Coast tours some bus operators have a lot of departure locations. A slow start is expected on these tours.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
No matter the reason for the cancellation, we are forced to carry costly charges from out travel and hotel providers in the form of penalties and fees that re-incurred when there is a cancellation of confirmed or pending bookings. As such, there are cancellation penalties or fees incurred. Determination of the time of cancellation will be done when the notice is received and confirmed by our office. You must make any notice of cancellation directly to GoldenBusTours by email or webmail at the Contact Us section.
We reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule any tour departure with respect to operating requirement or circumstances beyond control. In case a cancellation is made at any given moment in time before departure, our only liability as GoldenBusTours will be to refund you, the passenger with the amount we received for the booking of the tour. We will try our best to re-book the same or similar tour. We are not responsible for any cancellation penalties that may have been incurred on any other travel arrangements inclusive of separate purchase of air tickets.
We are not liable for any other travel arrangements that have been affected as a result of the cancellations.
⇒ A 15% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 13 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 40% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3-12 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3 days before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs on departure day.
An add-on fee of 6% for handling fees is charged in addition to the above penalties.
There is no refund for unused features. You forfeit the entire payment when you are a no show.
In order for there not to be a cancellation, a minimum number of participants are required. We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled trip although every effort is made by us to ensure that normal operations are maintained.
Note: More 30 days after the completion of the tour, we cannot grant any refunds.
⇒ In the case of free passenger cancellation kindly update us 7 days before the departure.
⇒ In the case of late cancellation request or free passenger does not show up on tour day then $128 will be charged.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection. If you reschedule tour and later decides to cancel it then cancellation charges will be applicable to the original departure date and not to the rescheduled one.
Reservation, Booking & Redemption
Terms & Conditions
Any travel service purchases indicate your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions set out herein.
You are advised to carefully read through and understand these Terms & Conditions before making your booking.
You will get an email immediately once you place an order. Tour Confirmation usually takes 2, 3 days except for urgent order. Urgent orders can be confirmed in a day or even few hours, but we can’t assure success in these cases. On fewer occasions, some of the others may require a longer period of time for confirmation. You are advised not to book airline tickets unless you have received the confirmation.
E-Ticket (Mandatory to be on bus)
Your e-ticket includes complete operator information such as local telephone numbers at your destination. You are required to print the e-tickets and bring them along with you on the trip. They will be needed as proof of purchase.
Changes in Booking
You may incur a fee for any revisions or alterations made to the reservation when the booking has already been confirmed. Cancellation fees may be applied to things such as name changes or corrections. They may also apply to tour date changes or tour itinerary changes. Please note that no departure changes are permitted 72 hours before departure.
Changes in Tour Itinerary
We are continuously striving to improve tour itineraries and features. In the event of unforeseen circumstances that are beyond the control, we do reserve the right to vary the itineraries and to substitute hotels. Duplicate departures may operate during certain peak periods, sometimes in reverse order. As such, hotels may vary from those included on the itinerary pages.
If you wish to reschedule your tour (change the departure date or choose a different tour) then a reschedule fees may be applied. A reschedule fees of $25 or 6% (which one is higher) will be applied. Please note that all reschedule requests should be made before 18 days of tour departure. Requests made after the mentioned duration shall not be entertained.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection.
1. One room can accommodate maximum 4 people. Even if you are 5 people including 1 month old baby you still need 2 rooms.
2. If you can carry your child up to 3 years of age then you do not need to book seats for him. It may vary from one tour to another.
3. Service providers hold the right to change the itinerary and hotel arrangements without any notice.
4. Child (0-9 years) and Single traveler going on the tour have special rates. These prices vary from one tour to another.
5. Meals and Attractions are not included. You can ask your tour guide to try to arrange the meal for you as per your requirements. For attractions, admission fees pay it to the tour guide on the tour.
6. Prices may change without any notice because of prices fluctuation in the market.
7. All prices mentioned on the website are in US dollars.
8. In Case of Bank Wire Transfer customer have to bear Wire transfer fee.
9. Tour package price is inclusive of taxes.
10. Tour Prices are every individual and in view of room inhabitance.
11. Final hotels booked may not be same as the one mentioned on the website.
Child rates are applicable for children between (0-12 years) of age. Parents are advised to bring car seats for the safety of their child.
Buy 2 Get 3rd discounted: Get 3rd Ticket on special discounted rates on the purchase of 2 tickets.
3. Before booking any tour make sure to go through every detail like tour itinerary, tour price, cancellation policy, reschedule and refund policies.
4. You should either bring a printed copy of your E-Ticket or bring it in your smartphone on the day of tour departure. You should also bring a valid photo ID along with your E-Ticket. In the case of any issues for not carrying E-Ticket or Photo ID GoldenBusTour will not be responsible.
5. Make sure to provide a valid phone number so we can reach you in the case of any emergency.
6. Please read all important notes, inclusion, exclusion section, terms and conditions, policies and below notes.
6a. Tour Operator holds the right to cancel the tour at any time depending on poor weather condition or some other unforeseen circumstances. However, GoldenBusTour will update its customers about the cancellation and shall not be held accountable for charges other than tour fees.
6b. Change in tour price will not affect any confirmed booking.
6c. Tour Operator can change the order of itinerary at any time without any notice.
7. You will be responsible for your travel documents during the tour.
8. Reach Departure location about 20 to 30 minutes before departure time. Unfortunately, no one will wait for you in case you get in late. The bus mostly has Bus Operator name and logo on it. Even if you are five minutes late and miss the bus then GoldenBusTours or Tour Operator will not be responsible. There will be no refund in this case. You will be charged 100% tour fee.
Going on this 2 day tour was my last moment decision and I joined my other two friends. One of their friends could not make it and I entered. Lucky me, as I got to see such lovely places. I already was in Chicago for the past 8 months and had not visited any place. There was nothing to worry, the tour operator took to all the places, be it shopping, dining or seeing places, everything was organized. But, as it is a weekend tour, all the places were crowded and waiting in queues for tickets was inevitable as tickets buying was not inclusive in the tour package.
I and my few colleagues went on this weekend tour. We wanted a break from the work pressure that was going on for an extended period. It was a fabulous decision for us to decide on this 2 day tour code WCH2. They cover most significant points in Chicago right from the University campus to the history creating Theater. There was no delay from the tour operator and the hotel accommodation was another home. Anyone looking for a quick and in-depth tour must not miss this 2 days tour. Valuable and worth the money spent.