Houston – Bayou Rum – Baton Rouge – French Quarter, New Orleans
Passengers begin the tour from Houston City in the morning. Travel to Louisiana and make the first stop at Bayou Rum Distillery where the finest rum is produced and distilled from the fresh Louisiana sugarcane. Continue the journey towards Baton Rouge, the capital and major city in US State of Louisiana. Here, we will take a tour of Louisiana State Capitol which is one of the largest and oldest state capitol buildings in the country built in early 1930 in a magnificent Art Deco architecture. Continue the journey towards New Orleans, and arrive at the French Quarter District, which is known to be the oldest part of New Orleans with a rich history and variety of attractions. Step back in the century while experiencing the Carriage Tour highlighting the top-notch attractions of the region (optional). Discover the charms of Jackson Square, home to the oldest St. Louis Cathedral which was built by the French Colonists back in 1721. Guests surely don’t want to miss exploring Bourbon Street. After that, all the guests invited to taste a delicious dinner at Café De Monde among many eatery options (optional). Overnight return to the hotels.
Hotel: Wingate by Wyndham Slidell, New Orleans East Area or Similar.
New Orleans Garden District – Oak Alley Plantation
Guests will start the journey in the morning by making the firsts top at Mardi Gras World. Here, the floats for the world-renowned Mardi Gras are prepared in this colossal warehouse. Roam around the charms of Garden District neighborhood of New Orleans. Appreciate browsing the Tulane University and Loyola University New Orleans (outside view). Explore the Oak Alley Plantation, a historic plantation site on Mississippi River with magnificent mansion and servant quarter nearby. Guests will experience the Swamp Tour to discover the fascinating wildlife and ecosystems of New Orleans (optional). Return to the hotels overnight.
Hotel: Wingate by Wyndham Slidell, New Orleans East Area or Similar.
New Orleans – Birmingham
Begin the journey in the morning from New Orleans. Guests will have a chance to discover the core charms of French Quarter District, as well as pay a visit to the historic Bourbon Street with live jazz performances, eateries, specialty stores, and much more. Discover the Jackson Square, home the oldest St. Louis Cathedral built by the first French Colonists. Guests will appreciate visiting the Cathedral-Basilica of Saint Louis. After that, we arrive at Birmingham, a major city in the US State of Alabama. Guests will take a tour of Kelly Ingram Park, filled with a variety of sculptures and modern art displays. Overnight return to the hotels.
Hotel: Comfort Suites Gadsden or Similar.
Chattanooga – Gatlinburg
Depart in the morning for Chattanooga, a major city in Tennessee situated on the base of Appalachian Mountains. Guests will enjoy discovering the charms of Lookout Mountain by visiting the Rock City which highlights the bird-eye views of the region. Travel across the Great Smoky Mountains and arrive at the Gatlinburg City in Tennessee, residing some of the finest restaurants, boutiques, specialty stores, and more. Ate that, out our group will enter the Dixie Stampede in Pigeon Forge to taste a delicious meal while watching the live cowboy performances, and more (optional).
Hotel: Clarion Inn & Suites West Knoxville or Similar.
Kentucky Horse Park – Ark Encounter
Today, our tour group arrives in Kentucky, also recognized as the Bluegrass State. Here, our tour group will explore the renowned Ark Encounter Theme Park which houses a gigantic replica of Noah’s Arch as the Genesis flood narrative contained in the Bible. Enjoy taking a tour of the Kentucky Horse Park which is an educational theme park highlighting the history and importance of horses throughout the world. After that, our guests will be taken back to the hotels.
Hotel: Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North or Similar.
Purdue University – Chicago
In the morning, our tour guests will be taken to Indianapolis, the most populous and capital city in Indiana. Here, we will make the firsts top at the Indiana State House to discover the spectacular architecture of the building (outside view). Continue the journey towards West Lafayette, and arrive at the Purdue University to take a guided tour of this leading research campus highlighting the student culture academics, and the architecture. After that, guests will be taken to Chicago to spend the night.
Hotel: Best Western plus O’Hare International South Hotel or Similar.
Chicago City Tour – Hometown
In the morning, our guests will set off to explore the core charms of Chicago. First, we will enter the Millennium Park, home to the city’s iconic Cloud Gate attraction. Make a brie first stop at Grant Park and arrive at the Chicago Theater, known as one of the oldest theatres in the country. Appreciate taking a tour of the Art Institute of Chicago, which is the second largest art museum in the United States. Discover the charms of Chicago Water Tower, and travel to the Michigan Avenue, and explore the famous Magnificent Mile residing the finest flagship stores, restaurants, boutiques, and much more. Experience the Chicago Cruise highlighting the breathtaking views of the sky-touching architecture of Chicago. Enjoy witnessing the bird-eye views of Chicago from the top-floor Observatory at 360-Chicago. While roaming around the renowned landmarks in Chicago, we will also browse the Navy Pier, Clarence Buckingham Fountain, Marina City, Trump Tower, Willis Tower Observation Deck, and similar. After that, our tour will be concluded in Chicago and guests will be transferred to O'Hare International Airport (ORD) for the flights booked after 7:00 PM and guests may also choose to take our free drop-off service to Chinatown in Houston.
- 1. The order of itinerary may change without any notice depending on weather situations or for some other unforeseen circumstances.
- 2. The order of activities held during the tour is planned by the tour guide. So, it may be different from what is mentioned on the tour page. On fewer occasions, Tour Guide has to skip an attraction or few during the tour depending on weather, traffic, group interest or some other reason.
- 3. Some attractions are seasonal. So, when they are closed they will be replaced with some other attraction.
- 4. You can skip some optional activities during the tour and plan something on your own. Make sure that you coordinate with Tour guide and stay with the group with next activity. Please note you cannot stay on the bus if you skip some optional activity.
- 5. Probable hotel names are mentioned in the itinerary. It can be similar or a different hotel of the similar rating. Exact Hotel details can only be provided one day before the departure.
- 6. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel.
- 7. These tours are conducted in a group. A group can have people of several cultures. We expect each person to coordinate with Tour guide to make sure things are on track.
- 8. Though attractions are optional but you have to at least take 2 attractions.
Most of the tours are carried out in air conditioned bus. A minivan can also be used depending on the number of people booking the tour.
Tour is inclusive of hotel accommodation.
Inclusive of all taxes.
Tour is accompanied by the tour guide.
Fares for air travel and transport from home to and from the location chosen for pick-up.
Expenditure for personal purposes.
Fee for Optional Activities and entrance. Pay in cash to the tour guide. He will arrange tickets.Some attractions might be closed on public holidays. Optional activities price may change or can be different as displayed on the website.
A minimum tip of $10 per passenger per day for Tour Guide and Driver is not included in the price of the tour package. Pay it in cash to Tour guide and bus driver. This service fees collected from passengers complement the incomes of the driver and the tour guide.
Though the meals are excluded, but the guides will arrange them for you.
Room fees of personal nature, such as, laundry fees, telephone, service fees of valets, expenses on alcoholic drinks and what you buy from the mini bar. However, specified fees may be included.
Important Notice: Passengers are discouraged from purchasing admission packages from sources outside and trying to use them for this tour provided at a discounted price. In case they want to do so, they must arrange transport the same day.
|Attractions||Adult||Child(3-11 yrs)||Senior (65+ yrs)|
|Art Institute of Chicago, IL||$25.00||$0.00||$25.00|
|Chicago 360, IL||$28.00||$21.00||$28.00|
|Chicago Cruise, IL||$39.00||$18.00||$35.00|
|Chicago Theater, IL||$18.00||$13.00||$18.00|
|Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede, TN||$69.06||$41.46||$69.06|
|Kentucky Horse Park, KY||$20.00||$12.00||$20.00|
|Mardi Gras World, LA||$22.00||$14.00||$17.00|
|New Orleans Swamp Tour, LA||$27.00||$27.00||$16.00|
|Oak Alley Plantation, LA||$27.00||$12.00||$25.00|
|Purdue University, IN||$10.00||$7.00||$10.00|
|Rock City Gardens, GA||$24.00||$14.65||$24.00|
|Royal Carriages French Quarter, LA||$20.00||$20.00||$20.00|
- 1. All the prices are listed in USD.
- 2. Tour display price is based on double occupancy. It is the price each person will pay if a group of two is traveling.
- 3. Prices may change without any notice.
- 4. Prices include hotel accommodation, transportation and taxes.
- 5. Admission Tickets to different places and meals are NOT included in the tour price.
- 6. Mandatory Tip for tour guide and driver are NOT included.
- 7. Only the tour guide can purchase entrance tickets for you. Pre-purchased tickets are NOT acceptable.
- 8. A free (i.e. Buy 2 Get 1 Free) person, not showing up on a departure date will result in a penalty. The penalty is usually the fourth person price, but it varies. Free person has to pay for some admission tickets that is included in the tour package price of Paid Person.
- 9. There must be at least one passenger of 18 years for every booking made with GoldenBusTours. For Children between the age group of 2 to 14 years, a different price will be charged. Please refer to Child price on our pricing calendar. Child Age may vary between different bus operators. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel. If the 5th person is infant you will be charged normally then with the second room as an expense.
- 10. Activities are optional though, but each customer has to participate in 2 activities at least. No city pass allowed. Some attractions are mandatory. Each customer has to take part in them and have to pay for them in cash.
At the end of the tour guests will be drop off in Houston Chinatown, Crowne Plaza Near Sugar Land.
Free Airport Drop off service is available for O’Hare International Airport (ORD) for flights departing after 07:00 PM
- 1. Arrive at departure location 10 to 15 minutes before the mentioned time to make sure you catch the bus on time. If in case you are late, the bus will not wait for you at the location and ultimately you will miss the entire tour (no refund in this case).
- 2. Return time on the website is just an estimation. Expect some variation always. Time may change depending on traffic and weather situations
- 3. There is a possibility that tour operator may use a shuttle to drop you off at the return location. It usually happens in the case of multiple return locations.
- 4. You can leave the tour at any place only after signing a Tour Departure Form for leaving the tour early.
- 5. Please note that price will stay the same even if you leave the tour early.
- 6. If you have booked a pre-tour hotel stay, then you will have to arrange your own transport from hotel to departure location.
- 7. If you have booked extra night hotel after the tour, then you will arrange transport from drop off point to hotel.
- 8. On West Coast tours some bus operators have a lot of departure locations. A slow start is expected on these tours.
Reservation, Booking & Redemption
Terms & Conditions
Any travel service purchases indicate your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions set out herein.
You are advised to carefully read through and understand these Terms & Conditions before making your booking.
You will get an email immediately once you place an order. Tour Confirmation usually takes 2, 3 days except for urgent order. Urgent orders can be confirmed in a day or even few hours, but we can’t assure success in these cases. On fewer occasions, some of the others may require a longer period of time for confirmation. You are advised not to book airline tickets unless you have received the confirmation.
E-Ticket (Mandatory to be on bus)
Your e-ticket includes complete operator information such as local telephone numbers at your destination. You are required to print the e-tickets and bring them along with you on the trip. They will be needed as proof of purchase.
Changes in Booking
You may incur a fee for any revisions or alterations made to the reservation when the booking has already been confirmed. Cancellation fees may be applied to things such as name changes or corrections. They may also apply to tour date changes or tour itinerary changes. Please note that no departure changes are permitted 72 hours before departure.
Changes in Tour Itinerary
We are continuously striving to improve tour itineraries and features. In the event of unforeseen circumstances that are beyond the control, we do reserve the right to vary the itineraries and to substitute hotels. Duplicate departures may operate during certain peak periods, sometimes in reverse order. As such, hotels may vary from those included on the itinerary pages.
If you wish to reschedule your tour (change the departure date or choose a different tour) then a reschedule fees may be applied. A reschedule fees of $25 or 6% (which one is higher) will be applied. Please note that all reschedule requests should be made before 18 days of tour departure. Requests made after the mentioned duration shall not be entertained.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection.
1. One room can accommodate maximum 4 people. Even if you are 5 people including 1 month old baby you still need 2 rooms.
2. If you can carry your child up to 3 years of age then you do not need to book seats for him. It may vary from one tour to another.
3. Service providers hold the right to change the itinerary and hotel arrangements without any notice.
4. Child (0-9 years) and Single traveler going on the tour have special rates. These prices vary from one tour to another.
5. Meals and Attractions are not included. You can ask your tour guide to try to arrange the meal for you as per your requirements. For attractions, admission fees pay it to the tour guide on the tour.
6. Prices may change without any notice because of prices fluctuation in the market.
7. All prices mentioned on the website are in US dollars.
8. In Case of Bank Wire Transfer customer have to bear Wire transfer fee.
9. Tour package price is inclusive of taxes.
10. Tour Prices are every individual and in view of room inhabitance.
11. Final hotels booked may not be same as the one mentioned on the website.
Child rates are applicable for children between (0-12 years) of age. Parents are advised to bring car seats for the safety of their child.
Buy 2 Get 3rd discounted: Get 3rd Ticket on special discounted rates on the purchase of 2 tickets.
No matter the reason for the cancellation, we are forced to carry costly charges from out travel and hotel providers in the form of penalties and fees that re-incurred when there is a cancellation of confirmed or pending bookings. As such, there are cancellation penalties or fees incurred. Determination of the time of cancellation will be done when the notice is received and confirmed by our office. You must make any notice of cancellation directly to GoldenBusTours by email or webmail at the Contact Us section.
We reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule any tour departure with respect to operating requirement or circumstances beyond control. In case a cancellation is made at any given moment in time before departure, our only liability as GoldenBusTours will be to refund you, the passenger with the amount we received for the booking of the tour. We will try our best to re-book the same or similar tour. We are not responsible for any cancellation penalties that may have been incurred on any other travel arrangements inclusive of separate purchase of air tickets.
We are not liable for any other travel arrangements that have been affected as a result of the cancellations.
⇒ A 15% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 13 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 40% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3-12 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3 days before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs on departure day.
An add-on fee of 6% for handling fees is charged in addition to the above penalties.
There is no refund for unused features. You forfeit the entire payment when you are a no show.
In order for there not to be a cancellation, a minimum number of participants are required. We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled trip although every effort is made by us to ensure that normal operations are maintained.
Note: More 30 days after the completion of the tour, we cannot grant any refunds.
⇒ In the case of free passenger cancellation kindly update us 7 days before the departure.
⇒ In the case of late cancellation request or free passenger does not show up on tour day then $128 will be charged.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection. If you reschedule tour and later decides to cancel it then cancellation charges will be applicable to the original departure date and not to the rescheduled one.
3. Before booking any tour make sure to go through every detail like tour itinerary, tour price, cancellation policy, reschedule and refund policies.
4. You should either bring a printed copy of your E-Ticket or bring it in your smartphone on the day of tour departure. You should also bring a valid photo ID along with your E-Ticket. In the case of any issues for not carrying E-Ticket or Photo ID GoldenBusTour will not be responsible.
5. Make sure to provide a valid phone number so we can reach you in the case of any emergency.
6. Please read all important notes, inclusion, exclusion section, terms and conditions, policies and below notes.
6a. Tour Operator holds the right to cancel the tour at any time depending on poor weather condition or some other unforeseen circumstances. However, GoldenBusTour will update its customers about the cancellation and shall not be held accountable for charges other than tour fees.
6b. Change in tour price will not affect any confirmed booking.
6c. Tour Operator can change the order of itinerary at any time without any notice.
7. You will be responsible for your travel documents during the tour.
8. Reach Departure location about 20 to 30 minutes before departure time. Unfortunately, no one will wait for you in case you get in late. The bus mostly has Bus Operator name and logo on it. Even if you are five minutes late and miss the bus then GoldenBusTours or Tour Operator will not be responsible. There will be no refund in this case. You will be charged 100% tour fee.
Being at a place which you don’t know about is a nightmare. I was suggested by someone to book this tour for the best experience in Mid-South Mississippi, I booked it. These 7 days were extraordinary, the guides picked us from the airports, we were accommodated in the average hotels, and the food was awesome. The transportation was very fine. The spot in the package was the French Quarter, which narrated the events of early 18th century. The best part regarding our tour experiences was the time we spent in Chicago, our entire day was scheduled in Chicago to explore and visit the good places there, and we actually did explore the entire city, the guide gave us all the information about the history of any place. The Swamp Tour was also much fun, giving us an unforgettable experience. After all, it was great to experience the tour!
It was a lovely morning when we arrived in Chicago, then all of sudden the weather got raining as we entered the capital city of Illinois, there was a great attraction for us to explore after visiting the Lincoln Home, and the State Capitol building reminded us all about the historical neo-classical and gothic architecture of the French colonists,. Anyways, the tour manager told us so much about the places we toured. We were already looking to visit such a place like the Bayou Distillery where the guided tour helped us to see all the manufacturing process of the country’s finest rum, so glad, we tasted the finest quality of beverages there, and after that, the bus tour started to become more amazing. My and I stayed in the good hotels, that didn’t cost us much but rather we slept well after all the busiest of days. Cheers!
My wife and I moved to Mississippi for our honeymoon. To make our time memorable, we booked this tour. but the time we had there was boarding a Mississippi Cruise, which was exactly the kind of experience we book this tour for. Anyways, the tour manager so many wonderful stops, we ate such good and the hotels were always the best no matter in which city we stayed in. Everything went well. We had fine and like-minded people around us. The prices were very average and within our budget. These 7 days were more than enough to make good memories. We really enjoyed our spot at the New Orleans and the Art Institute at Chicago, where we captured some other most memorable moments of us. It was a lovely week on the bus tour, not because we visited so many places but also they provided us good and luxurious quality service.
Me and my friends have been living here since past 3 months but haven’t got the chance to explore it. One of my friends told me to book this tour. It was a fine journey of 7 days. We were provided with good accommodation and food. We waited for such long after time after booking the touring seat to finally hop on this bus tour, I was shocked by the amazing services provided by the tour management. However, at the start of the tour, the pricing seemed a little high as compared to what they were offering, The traveling in buses was really fun. The tour guide was a very friendly guy, who mixed with us and made this tour worthwhile. We didn’t have proper fun as one of my friends twisted his ankle and unfortunately, he didn’t receive better healthcare. Overall, the tour, due to the efforts of the people involved in it, was one well-managed journey. Thanks for booking us all at the decent economy class hotels, it was a perfect bus tour from Chicago.
I have never taken my wife to Texas, thus it was perfect opportunity took the tour seats for both us and to discover the true nature of Texas. The tour team gets around so many cities in Texas, and then we explored so much while in Texas. The Chicago City Tour at the end of the tour was great. They drove us to the famous attractions in Chicago, back to back, the Millennium Park and Magnificent Mile were the best to explore there. Thanks for booking such decent hotels for us. It was a great bus tour, we did great photographs’, and I’m sure it’s going to be the most memorable bus trip I have had with my kids and my wife. Thanks a lot for the professional and decent services. Good days!
the beginning of the tour went well enough from the Bayou Rum Distillery, which was very interesting. The guides and the staff showed much respect towards us. The best thing in the whole package was its prices. They were really according to the things they provided us and very suitable for a 7- day tour. The best spot in the whole journey was USS Texas where the environment was synonymous to the WW I. also, I didn’t see that Oak Alley Plantation was such a random place, but only because some movies were filmed there, it got famous, and now the tour leader told us that is designated as the National Historic Site. According to my experience, I think that the tour could have been a lot better if they provided good service. However, the transportation was below average due to disturbances in air conditioning which created uncomforting situations. On the whole, the tour was outstanding!
- 1. All reviews will be manually approved.
- 2. No Sign up required to post a review.
- 3. In case of any issue, please Email us your review with your username. We will post it on your behalf.