2-Day New York/New Jersey to Boston and Rhode Island Tour
Tour Code: GOL-NYC-163
Duration: 2 Day(s) / 1 Night(s)
Tour Guide: Chinese, English
- 7 Days left
Experience: UNESCO, Family
Extra (Excluded): Wifi, Meal etc...
Tour Guide:Chinese, English
Sat (2019-11-01 To 2019-12-31) | Mon,Wed,Sat (2020-03-18 To 2020-10-31) | Sat (2020-11-01 To 2020-12-31) | 2019-12-25 | 2019-12-30 | 2019-10-26 | 2019-10-28 | 2019-10-30
Explore Rhode Island, Breaker Mansion, Boston Museum of Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Yale University, Trinity Church, Boston Scientific Museum, New England Aquarium, Quincy Market, Newport, and Boston Harbor on this exciting two day bust tour with exclusive deals and hotel accommodation.
Mark the beginning of our tour by departing Manhattan and heading New Haven, Connecticut where we will visit the Yale University. We will have guided tour of the University. Next head to Newport, Rhode Island where we will visit the crown jewel of Newport; Breaker Mansion. Guests can take an in-depth tour of the Breaker Mansion from inside with our provided audio guide. Afterward, we will be head to Boston. Also, we will be hopping on a Boston Duck Tour that will take you on a remarkable sightseeing tour, and guests will see places such as Quincy Market, Golden Doomed State House, the Skyline of Boston, and a lot more. Furthermore, we will conclude our first day of the tour by having the Boston’s specialty in the dinner; Lobsters.
Hotel: Holiday Inn or Similar
It is a very fun experience and people who have seen Boston million times, once they visit it in their Duck, they feel like everything’s new and fun. They give a great overview of Cambridge skylines.
Give your taste buds the delight of eating the best Lobster ever. Boston is known for serving more than hundred varieties of Lobsters, so don’t miss out on this treat.
Breakers Mansion is the crown jewel of the Newport mansions symbolizing wealth and opulence. It is a 70 room Italian Renaissance- style palazzo created by international craftsmen and artisans.
Built in the year 1798, Massachusetts State House has been the place of Massachusetts government ever since.
New Port is a seaside city in Rhode Island, the city was once recognized as a town in 1639 but then was later recognized as full-fledged city in 1784 and it has a population of 24,672.
Located in the Faneuil Hall marketplace of downtown Boston, Quincy Market is a historic building that still presents itself as a souvenir marketplace and food court.
Rhode Island is a state in the New England which is a region of United States. It is officially called as the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. It is also nick named as the Ocean State.
The private Ivy League research university in New Haven USA is Yale University. In the year 1701, the university has been founded for the research students in all over the world.
On our second day of the tour, we will be visiting more of the Boston. We will begin by taking a tour of Harvard University then visiting the MIT University. After passing by the Trinity Church, we will arrive at the Boston Harbor, where we will be taking a cruise ride that will take you to different points of the Boston. Furthermore, we will visit the New England Aquarium and the famous Quincy Market.
Note: If some paid attractions are closed then we will take you to Boston Museum of Science.
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts is a research based university, which is well-known for its intense and highly selective academics. There are 24 Nobel Prize winners and 22 Rhodes Scholars among the alumni of this institution.
The Boston Harbor cruise is lets you sit back relax and enjoy a wonderful ride through the glistering Boston waters as you catch a glimpse of the city’s gorgeous surroundings.
Its’ a science gallery and interior Zoo in Boston, located in Science Park, strategy of land straddling the Charles River. Their goal is to play leading role in transforming nation’s relationship with science and technology.
Boston is one of the oldest cities of US, and the capital and the largest city of the state of Massachusetts. It is well known for being the center of education and culture due to it numerous International universities and colleges.
Cambridge is a city located in Middlesex County in the state if Massachusetts in the United States. The city is located in the north of Boston and was named “Cambridge” in honor of the University of Cambridge.
Built in 1639, in Cambridge, MA, Harvard University is the oldest university in the United States. It is one of the most famous and highly ranked institutions in the world.
The New England Aquarium that is located in Boston, it was opened and made operational in 1969. It covers a total area of 75,000 square feet, the museum houses almost 600 species.
- The order of itinerary may change without any notice depending on weather situations or for some other unforeseen circumstances.
- The order of activities held during the tour is planned by the tour guide. So, it may be different from what is mentioned on the tour page. On fewer occasions, Tour Guide has to skip an attraction or few during the tour depending on weather, traffic, group interest or some other reason.
- Some attractions are seasonal. So, when they are closed they will be replaced with some other attraction.
- You can skip some optional activities during the tour and plan something on your own. Make sure that you coordinate with Tour guide and stay with the group with next activity. Please note you cannot stay on the bus if you skip some optional activity.
- Probable hotel names are mentioned in the itinerary. It can be similar or a different hotel of the similar rating. Exact Hotel details can only be provided one day before the departure.
- Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel.
- These tours are conducted in a group. A group can have people of several cultures. We expect each person to coordinate with Tour guide to make sure things are on track.
- Though attractions are optional but you have to at least take 2 attractions.
Passengers will be picked up and dropped off at their chosen locations. (Please take notice of locations and times of pick up)
All tours are carried out in air conditioned bus. We may also use a minivan depending on the number of people booking the tour.
A professional tour escort will be with you throughout the tour.
Tour package price includes all the taxes.
Rates could alter without prior notice.
Optional fees will be paid in cash to the guide. Optional activities price may change or can be different as displayed on the website.
Guide will arrange meals and drinks when requested as they are not included in the package.
Daily Service charge for driver and the guide is $10 minimum per person.
Such expenses as telephone services, alcoholic drinks, beverages and laundry services which are private room services.
Services related to travel insurance.
Other personal expenses.
Important:We never encourage customers to purchase admission packages from outside sources and try using them in this tour with discount. If they do, they must arrange transport on the same day. If you skip some attraction, you cannot do it on your own. You can sit near the bus or visit some nearby place, but you will not be allowed to sit in the bus.
|Attractions||Adult||Child(3-11 yrs)||Senior (65+ yrs)|
|Boston Duck Tour, MA||$45.00||$31.00||$37.00|
|Boston Harbor Cruise, MA||$22.00||$17.00||$22.00|
|Boston Lobster Dinner, MA||$35.00||$30.00||$35.00|
|Boston Museum of Science, MA||$25.00||$20.00||$21.00|
|Breakers Mansion, RI||$24.00||$8.00||$24.00|
|Harvard University, MA||$12.00||$12.00||$12.00|
|New England Aquarium, MA||$28.00||$19.00||$26.00|
|Yale University, CT||$11.00||$7.00||$11.00|
- All the prices are listed in USD.
- Tour display price is based on double occupancy. It is the price each person will pay if a group of two is traveling.
- Prices may change without any notice.
- Prices include hotel accommodation, transportation and taxes.
- Admission Tickets to different places and meals are NOT included in the tour price.
- Mandatory Tip for tour guide and driver are NOT included.
- Only the tour guide can purchase entrance tickets for you. Pre-purchased tickets are NOT acceptable.
- A free (i.e. Buy 2 Get 1 Free) person, not showing up on a departure date will result in a penalty. The penalty is usually the fourth person price, but it varies. Free person has to pay for some admission tickets that is included in the tour package price of Paid Person.
- There must be at least one passenger of 18 years for every booking made with GoldenBusTours. For Children between the age group of 2 to 14 years, a different price will be charged. Please refer to Child price on our pricing calendar. Child Age may vary between different bus operators. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel. If the 5th person is infant you will be charged normally then with the second room as an expense.
- Activities are optional though, but each customer has to participate in 2 activities at least. No city pass allowed. Some attractions are mandatory. Each customer has to take part in them and have to pay for them in cash.
- Arrive at departure location 10 to 15 minutes before the mentioned time to make sure you catch the bus on time. If in case you are late, the bus will not wait for you at the location and ultimately you will miss the entire tour (no refund in this case).
- Return time on the website is just an estimation. Expect some variation always. Time may change depending on traffic and weather situations
- There is a possibility that tour operator may use a shuttle to drop you off at the return location. It usually happens in the case of multiple return locations.
- You can leave the tour at any place only after signing a Tour Departure Form for leaving the tour early.
- Please note that price will stay the same even if you leave the tour early.
- If you have booked a pre-tour hotel stay, then you will have to arrange your own transport from hotel to departure location.
- If you have booked extra night hotel after the tour, then you will arrange transport from drop off point to hotel.
- On West Coast tours some bus operators have a lot of departure locations. A slow start is expected on these tours.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
No matter the reason for the cancellation, we are forced to carry costly charges from out travel and hotel providers in the form of penalties and fees that re-incurred when there is a cancellation of confirmed or pending bookings. Cancellation policy is applicable even if you do not show because of cancelled flight or any unavoidable circumstances. As such, there are cancellation penalties or fees incurred. Determination of the time of cancellation will be done when the notice is received and confirmed by our office. You must make any notice of cancellation directly to GoldenBusTours by email or webmail at the Contact Us section.
We reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule any tour departure with respect to operating requirement or circumstances beyond control. In case a cancellation is made at any given moment in time before departure, our only liability as GoldenBusTours will be to refund you, the passenger with the amount we received for the booking of the tour. We will try our best to re-book the same or similar tour. We are not responsible for any cancellation penalties that may have been incurred on any other travel arrangements inclusive of separate purchase of air tickets.
We are not liable for any other travel arrangements that have been affected as a result of the cancellations.
⇒ 15 days prior or more to departure - 20% of the tour fees will be charged as cancellation
⇒ 8-14 days prior to departure - 35% of the tour fees will be charged as cancellation
⇒ 4-7 days prior to departure - 60% of the tour fees will be charged as cancellation
⇒ 3 days prior to departure – 100% tour fees will be charged as cancellation
An add-on fee of 6% for handling fees is charged in addition to the above penalties. Each Complaint needs to be in writing.
There is no refund for unused features. You forfeit the entire payment when you are a no show.
Cancellation or Reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection. If you reschedule tour and later decides to cancel it then cancellation charges will be applicable to the original departure date and not to the rescheduled one.
In order for there not to be a cancellation, a minimum number of participants are required. We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled trip although every effort is made by us to ensure that normal operations are maintained.
For any refund case, we do include the discount offered already. This is where GoldenBusTours is playing its role to make sure its customers get the best available deal at an affordable price.
No refund request or complaint will be entertained after 30 days of tour departure. You have to send a formal complaint through email.
⇒ In the case of free passenger cancellation kindly update us 7 days before the departure.
⇒ In the case of late cancellation request or free passenger does not show up on tour day then $128 will be charged.
Reservation, Booking & Redemption
Terms & Conditions
Any travel service purchases indicate your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions set out herein.
You are advised to carefully read through and understand these Terms & Conditions before making your booking.
You will get an email immediately once you place an order. Tour Confirmation usually takes 2, 3 days except for urgent order. Urgent orders can be confirmed in a day or even few hours, but we can’t assure success in these cases. On fewer occasions, some of the others may require a longer period of time for confirmation. You are advised not to book airline tickets unless you have received the confirmation.
E-Ticket (Mandatory to be on bus)
Your e-ticket includes complete operator information such as local telephone numbers at your destination. You are required to print the e-tickets and bring them along with you on the trip. They will be needed as proof of purchase.
Changes in Booking
You may incur a fee for any revisions or alterations made to the reservation when the booking has already been confirmed. Cancellation fees may be applied to things such as name changes or corrections. They may also apply to tour date changes or tour itinerary changes. Please note that no departure changes are permitted 72 hours before departure.
Changes in Tour Itinerary
We are continuously striving to improve tour itineraries and features. In the event of unforeseen circumstances that are beyond the control, we do reserve the right to vary the itineraries and to substitute hotels. Duplicate departures may operate during certain peak periods, sometimes in reverse order. As such, hotels may vary from those included on the itinerary pages.
All reschedule or change in tour requests should be sent seven days before the departure date. Reschedule requests made 7 days more before departure are subject to reschedule Fee. There is $100/per day/per Room charges for rescheduling usually.
Cancellation or Reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection.
1. One room can accommodate maximum 4 people. Even if you are 5 people including 1 month old baby you still need 2 rooms.
2. If you can carry your child up to 3 years of age then you do not need to book seats for him. It may vary from one tour to another.
3. Service providers hold the right to change the itinerary and hotel arrangements without any notice.
4. Child (0-9 years) and Single traveler going on the tour have special rates. These prices vary from one tour to another.
5. Meals and Attractions are not included. You can ask your tour guide to try to arrange the meal for you as per your requirements. For attractions, admission fees pay it to the tour guide on the tour.
6. Prices may change without any notice because of prices fluctuation in the market.
7. All prices mentioned on the website are in US dollars.
8. In Case of Bank Wire Transfer customer have to bear Wire transfer fee.
9. Tour package price is inclusive of taxes.
10. Tour Prices are every individual and in view of room inhabitance.
Child rates are applicable for children between (0-12 years) of age. Parents are advised to bring car seats for the safety of their child.
Buy 2 Get 3rd discounted: Get 3rd Ticket on special discounted rates on the purchase of 2 tickets.
3. Before booking any tour make sure to go through every detail like tour itinerary, tour price, cancellation policy, reschedule and refund policies.
4. You should either bring a printed copy of your E-Ticket or bring it in your smartphone on the day of tour departure. You should also bring a valid photo ID along with your E-Ticket. In the case of any issues for not carrying E-Ticket or Photo ID GoldenBusTour will not be responsible.
5. Make sure to provide a valid phone number so we can reach you in the case of any emergency.
6. Please read all important notes, inclusion, exclusion section, terms and conditions, policies and below notes.
6a. Tour Operator holds the right to cancel the tour at any time depending on poor weather condition or some other unforeseen circumstances. However, GoldenBusTour will update its customers about the cancellation and shall not be held accountable for charges other than tour fees.
6b. Change in tour price will not affect any confirmed booking.
6c. Tour Operator can change the order of itinerary at any time without any notice.
7. You will be responsible for your travel documents during the tour.
8. Reach Departure location about 20 to 30 minutes before departure time. Unfortunately, no one will wait for you in case you get in late. The bus mostly has Bus Operator name and logo on it. Even if you are five minutes late and miss the bus then GoldenBusTours or Tour Operator will not be responsible. There will be no refund in this case. You will be charged 100% tour fee.
I rank GoldenBusTours no.1 based on three criterions a) its affordability b) the value for money you receive and c) the quality of service you get. All three markers are simply the best for GoldenBusTours because the company gives you very affordable rates for bus tours, takes you to locations which give you good value for your money and also deliver quality service. The condition of the buses for tours are great, I know so because I have travelled thrice with the company and the guides are always very welcoming.
I came back to US after 6 year after serving in Iraq, after coming back I wanted a nice vacation to myself. Well, what’s better than visiting the place where I grew up in? So, I booked this tour, it was so exciting, our fellow travellers were nice as well. The tour guide—Andy, he was a confident and informative man, I never felt alone on this entire tour because of the hospitality of the people. Thank you.
It was a great trip. Our driver was a funny and knowledgeable guy and he knew which routes to take so that the people would enjoy the tour. The guide told us things that we didn’t even have an idea about. I’ve been to Boston before but it wasn’t this much fun ever. I’d say GoldenBusTours is a great company to travel with. The service is great and the tours are well planned too. Affordability is like a cherry on top of the cake. Loved everything about it.
After finally getting discharged from the hospital, I wanted couple of days to myself from all the hustle and bustle. I couldn’t drive, since I’m not in condition to, so after snooping around somebody told me about this place, I’m glad they did because it was quiet refreshing to me. Only caveat is that, there was this Asian family travelling with their newborn and he kept crying and crying in the bus, even I requested tour guide to change my seat, he refused. Maybe you guys should listen to someone that has special needs.
I have never had this kind of worst service in my life. The reason is the majority of places that the Golden Bus Tours took us to were full of people and there was no place to put your feet, literally. However, Golden Bus Tour should do something about that in order to provide quality service to its customers. The only thing was fine about this tour was the hotel
I am on leave and now with my family in this bus tour. I booked it well in advance online. They gave confirmation and the pickup points details. Almost everything went as planned, but for one or two small slips, of course ignorable. I recommend.
We booked this 2-day tour to Mystic Aquarium, Newport, Boston harbor, MIT, Harvard and we had a fabulous time. You get what you’re promised in the package and nobody rushes you for anything. Our guide really made sure that everyone was well taken care. Best tour company I’ve dealt with to date. Definitely traveling with them again!
Steven O. Boles
The tour itself was really great, i just had a couple of issues, first the bathroom on the bus was for emergencies only,so we had to wait for breaks, also i really wish if admissions were included in the tour price. But other than that, we really had a great time, we loved all places we saw and the tour was very well organized. Hotels were really good and the tour guide was real nice guy.
That tour was really almost everything i had hoped for, the only thing that i did not like is that admissions were not included, but it was really worth every penny. We really loved how well the tour was organized. And our tour guide was an amazing guy. we loved Rhode Island, Breaker Mansion, Boston Museum of Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Yale University, Trinity Church, Boston Scientific Museum, New England Aquarium, Quincy Market, Newport, and Boston Harbor
The tour was really very well organized, we moved exactly on time, there was no delay and even during the tour we were right on schedule, it was a great effort from the tour guide who was a great guy by the way. The accommodation was really comfortable, really clean and cozy hotels and we saw some amazing places. It was really a great tour and great experience. I really hope i can do it again some time.