1-Day Mt. Vernon, Christ Church, Arlington Cemetery & Washington War Memorials Tour
Tour Code: GOL-WDC-107
Duration: 1 Day
Tour Guide: Chinese, English
- 7 Days left
Experience: UNESCO, Family
Extra (Excluded): Wifi, Meal etc...
Tour Guide:Chinese, English
Make your day memorable by enjoying the visit of Old Town Alexandria and Mount Vernon in one-day guided tour. We would also provide transport facility to the guests.
We would head towards Mount Vernon in the morning. Then, we will see fabulous historic sites in Virginia by enjoying a historical ride to quaint seaport town of Old Town Alexandria. it would be a memorable and fun-filled single-day tour for you.
The plantation home of George Washington opened in 1757 is known as Mount Vernon. There is a lot in this house to study about remarkable life of this famous personality.
It is a place which is rich with history and is also termed as the historic center of Alexandria city. It is named as the seventh largest city in Virginia and is well known for antique shops, boutiques and theaters.
This beautiful seaport town is located in the US state of Connecticut. The town is home to various tourist destinations and is a nice place to spend some time at. The town is well developed.
The old Dominion state of United States in South Atlantic Region is known as Virginia. Richmond is the capital city of VA. Its lowest point is Atlantic Ocean and highest one is Mount Rogers.
- The order of itinerary may change without any notice depending on weather situations or for some other unforeseen circumstances.
- The order of activities held during the tour is planned by the tour guide. So, it may be different from what is mentioned on the tour page. On fewer occasions, Tour Guide has to skip an attraction or few during the tour depending on weather, traffic, group interest or some other reason.
- Some attractions are seasonal. So, when they are closed they will be replaced with some other attraction.
- You can skip some optional activities during the tour and plan something on your own. Make sure that you coordinate with Tour guide and stay with the group with next activity. Please note you cannot stay on the bus if you skip some optional activity.
- Probable hotel names are mentioned in the itinerary. It can be similar or a different hotel of the similar rating. Exact Hotel details can only be provided one day before the departure.
- Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel.
- These tours are conducted in a group. A group can have people of several cultures. We expect each person to coordinate with Tour guide to make sure things are on track.
- Though attractions are optional but you have to at least take 2 attractions.
Passengers will be picked up and dropped off at their chosen locations. (Please take notice of locations and times of pick up)
All tours are carried out in air conditioned bus. We may also use a minivan depending on the number of people booking the tour.
A professional tour escort will be with you throughout the tour.
Tour package price includes all the taxes.
Fares for air travel and transport from home to and from the location chosen for pick-up.
Expenditure for personal purposes.
Fee for Optional Activities and entrance. Pay in cash to the tour guide. He will arrange tickets.Some attractions might be closed on public holidays. Optional activities price may change or can be different as displayed on the website.
A minimum tip of $8 per passenger per day for Tour Guide and Driver is not included in the price of the tour package. Pay it in cash to Tour guide and bus driver. This service fees collected from passengers complement the incomes of the driver and the tour guide.
Though the meals are excluded,but the guides will arrange them for you.
Room fees of personal nature, such as, laundry fees, telephone, service fees of valets, expenses on alcoholic drinks and what you buy from the mini bar. However, specified fees may be included.
Important Notice: Passengers are discouraged from purchasing admission packages from sources outside and trying to use them for this tour provided at a discounted price. In case they want to do so, they must arrange transport the same day.
- All the prices are listed in USD.
- Tour display price is based on double occupancy. It is the price each person will pay if a group of two is traveling.
- Prices may change without any notice.
- Prices include hotel accommodation, transportation and taxes.
- Admission Tickets to different places and meals are NOT included in the tour price.
- Mandatory Tip for tour guide and driver are NOT included.
- Only the tour guide can purchase entrance tickets for you. Pre-purchased tickets are NOT acceptable.
- A free (i.e. Buy 2 Get 1 Free) person, not showing up on a departure date will result in a penalty. The penalty is usually the fourth person price, but it varies. Free person has to pay for some admission tickets that is included in the tour package price of Paid Person.
- There must be at least one passenger of 18 years for every booking made with GoldenBusTours. For Children between the age group of 2 to 14 years, a different price will be charged. Please refer to Child price on our pricing calendar. Child Age may vary between different bus operators. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel. If the 5th person is infant you will be charged normally then with the second room as an expense.
- Activities are optional though, but each customer has to participate in 2 activities at least. No city pass allowed. Some attractions are mandatory. Each customer has to take part in them and have to pay for them in cash.
- Arrive at departure location 10 to 15 minutes before the mentioned time to make sure you catch the bus on time. If in case you are late, the bus will not wait for you at the location and ultimately you will miss the entire tour (no refund in this case).
- Return time on the website is just an estimation. Expect some variation always. Time may change depending on traffic and weather situations
- There is a possibility that tour operator may use a shuttle to drop you off at the return location. It usually happens in the case of multiple return locations.
- You can leave the tour at any place only after signing a Tour Departure Form for leaving the tour early.
- Please note that price will stay the same even if you leave the tour early.
- If you have booked a pre-tour hotel stay, then you will have to arrange your own transport from hotel to departure location.
- If you have booked extra night hotel after the tour, then you will arrange transport from drop off point to hotel.
- On West Coast tours some bus operators have a lot of departure locations. A slow start is expected on these tours.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Irrespective of cancellation reason, cancellation charges will be applied as we have to bear costly charges from our tour and hotel providers for confirmed bookings. In case of cancellation you must write us a formal cancellation request. So, that we may proceed with your request and update you with the charges applied for cancellation.
GoldenBusTours hold the right to cancel any booking at any time depending on the circumstances. In this case, GoldenBusTour is bound to refund you within 4-6 business days. We are not responsible for any cancellation penalties that may have been incurred on any other travel arrangements inclusive of separate purchase of air tickets.
We are not liable for any other travel arrangements that have been affected as a result of the cancellations.
Since this is a 100% guaranteed departure, in case of a cancellation, a refund of 120% will be given. The refund however doesn’t apply to bad weather conditions, Airport Closures, State Emergencies or anything that is beyond our control as the tour operator.
Per person cancellation penalties for 1-4 day tours
⇒ 15-30 days or more prior to departure- 10% of the total amount purchased.
⇒ 7-14 days prior to departure- 50% of the total amount purchased.
⇒ 4-6 Days prior to departure- 50% of the total amount purchased.
⇒ Within 3 days prior to departure- 100% of the total amount purchased.
⇒ Departure day or no show 100% per person.
Cancellation charges for 5 days and above tour
⇒ A 10% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 46 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 25% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 21-45 days before the departure date.
⇒ A 50% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 8-20 days before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 7 days before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will also be incurred if the cancellation is done on the day of departure.
There is no refund for the unused features. You will lose the entire tour payment if you do not show up on the tour day.
There should be a minimum number of travelers to operate the tour. If in case there are not enough travelers then we might cancel or reschedule the tour. In this situation, you may opt for refund.
Please note that there 6% handling fees apart from the above mentioned cancellation charges..
NOTE: More 30 days after the completion of tour, we cannot grant any refunds.
⇒ In case of free passenger cancellation kindly update us 7 days before the departure.
⇒ In case of late cancellation request or free passenger does not show up on tour day then $128 will be charged.
Reservation, Booking & Redemption
Terms & Conditions
Purchase of any service indicates that you agree with our policies. Therefore, we highly recommend you to go through our detailed policies before placing an order.
Read our booking process before making any reservation.
GoldenBusTours is not the real tour operator. All tours are operated by other tour operators and we as a company strive to bring the best tours for people from across the world under one roof.
You will get an email immediately for placing order successfully with us.We will start working on your order as soon as you place it. All bookings need to be re-confirmed after 2 to 3 days of purchase. We recommend not book airline tickets before the tour confirmation. You may proceed with airline bookings once you have received your E-ticket.
ETICKET (Mandatory to be on bus)
You should bring your E-ticket long with a valid ID to board the bus. Your E-tickets has all the information related to your tour and tour operator. Therefore, bring a printed copy of your E-ticket in order to board the bus.
Changes in Booking
Certain charges will be applied if you wish to make any changes in your booking once your tour has already been confirmed. Reschedule and booking changes charges must be paid before the tour departure. Please note that all changes should be requested 72 hours before the tour departure.
Changes in Tour Itinerary
We are always trying to improve the tour itinerary to make your tour experience memorable with GoldenBusTours. In case of unforeseen situations, we hold every right to change the tour itinerary. Hotels may vary from the ones mentioned on the tour page. We may also run duplicate tours with reverse itinerary during peak season.
If you wish to reschedule your tour (change the departure date or choose a different tour) then a reschedule fees may be applied. A reschedule fees of $25 or 6% (which one is higher) will be applied. Please note that all reschedule requests should be made before 5 days of tour departure. Requests made after the mentioned duration shall not be entertained.
1. One room can accommodate maximum 4 people.
2. If you can carry your 3 years old child in lap then you do not need to book seat for him. However, if you are 5 or more people including 3 year old child then you will have to pay for child as 1 room can accommodate only 4 people. It may vary from one tour to another.
3. Tour operator has the right to change the tour itinerary and hotel arrangements at any time.
4. Child (0-9) and single traveler will have special rates. This vary from tour to tour.
5. Our tour include all taxes.
6. Prices mentioned on the website are in US dollars.
7. If you opt for bank wire transfer then you will have to bear the wire transfer fees.
8. Prices may change without any prior notice.
9. Meals and attractions are not included in the tour.
10. Prices mentioned on the website are based on per person.
Child rates are applicable for children between (0-12 years) of age. Parents are advised to bring car seats for the safety of their child.
Buy 2 Get 1 Special: Get 3rd Ticket on special discounted rates on purchase of 2 tickets.
3. Before booking any tour make sure to go through every detail like tour itinerary, tour price, cancellation policy, reschedule and refund policies.
4. You should either bring a printed copy of your E-Ticket or bring it in your smartphone on the day of tour departure. You should also bring a valid photo ID along with your E-Ticket. In case of any issues for not carrying E-Ticket or Photo ID GoldenBusTour will not be responsible.
5. Make sure to provide a valid phone number so we can reach you in case of any emergency.
6. Please read all important notes, inclusion, exclusion section, terms and conditions, policies and below notes.
6a. Tour Operator holds the right to cancel the tour at any time depending on poor weather condition or some other unforeseen circumstances. However, GoldenBusTour will update its customers about cancellation and shall not be held accountable for charges other than tour fees.
6b. Change in tour price will not affect any confirmed booking.
6c. Tour Operator can change the order of itinerary at any time without any notice.
8. Reach Departure location about 20 to 30 minutes before departure time. Unfortunately, no one will wait for you in case you get in late. The bus mostly has Bus Operator name and logo on it. Even if you are five minutes late and miss the bus then GoldenBusTours or Tour Operator will not be responsible. There will be no refund in this case. You will be charged 100% tour fee.
I was more than happy to have taken this Golden Bus tours for 1 day. I had come on a office meet and it got completed one day before than expected and so I had 24 hours free all for myself. I used it to visit these historic sites and enjoyed a fabulous ride to the Old seaport town Alexandria. It was really memorable to visit Mount Vernon in this single day tour. It was fun-filled and the transport facility was superb.
If you are looking to get out of your routine, it is a must. You can go like me on this bus tour package. You will not be disappointed for the decision. this 1 day tour also will give you the much expected relief and make you relaxed.
Who needs personal transport to places like these when you have access to GoldenBusTours. Without a doubt they provide best transport and accommodations. I enjoyed every bit of this tour. From Buses and Hotels to visit to Christ Church and Washington War Memorials everything was amazing, Guide was great. I would definitely recommend it to all friends.