Washington DC – Luray Caverns - Skyline Drive National Park
In the morning, we will pick our guests from Falls Church, Rockville, and Washington DC to begin the tour. The tour will take a scenic ride through Virginia’s western mountains and arrive at the famous Luray Caverns which is a country’s unique and fascinating system of underground caves. Guests will enjoy visiting its famous spots as well as the Great Stalactite Organ which is a natural lithophone and resides concert pitch formations that produce music of symphonic quality. We will then take our guests to the Shenandoah National Park to explore many of its scenic views and spots as well as the mountains and trillions of tall trees texturing this region. Guests will enjoy browsing its trails and breathtaking spots. We will enter from Thornton Gap Entrance and exit from the Front Royal Entrance. It will almost 2 hours long one-way drive. We will not come back to the point from where we will start the Skyline Drive National Park tour. So, all guests should board the bus before we start. There will be a less than a mile ( medium level difficulty) hiking trail as well. You can skip it if you do not wish to go for hiking. Later, we will return to the departure locations to dismiss the tour.
- 1. The order of itinerary may change without any notice depending on weather situations or for some other unforeseen circumstances.
- 2. The order of activities held during the tour is planned by the tour guide. So, it may be different from what is mentioned on the tour page. On fewer occasions, Tour Guide has to skip an attraction or few during the tour depending on weather, traffic, group interest or some other reason.
- 3. Some attractions are seasonal. So, when they are closed they will be replaced with some other attraction.
- 4. You can skip some optional activities during the tour and plan something on your own. Make sure that you coordinate with Tour guide and stay with the group with next activity. Please note you cannot stay on the bus if you skip some optional activity.
- 5. Probable hotel names are mentioned in the itinerary. It can be similar or a different hotel of the similar rating. Exact Hotel details can only be provided one day before the departure.
- 6. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel.
- 7. These tours are conducted in a group. A group can have people of several cultures. We expect each person to coordinate with Tour guide to make sure things are on track.
- 8. Though attractions are optional but you have to at least take 2 attractions.
Passengers will be picked up and dropped off at their chosen locations. (Please take notice of locations and times of pick up)
All tours are carried out in air conditioned bus. We may also use a minivan depending on the number of people booking the tour.
A professional tour escort will be with you throughout the tour.
Tour package price includes all the taxes.
Skyline Drive National Park (Shenandoah National Park, VA) is MANDATORY
Fares for air travel and transport from home to and from the location chosen for pick-up.
Expenditure for personal purposes.
Fee for Optional Activities and entrance. Pay in cash to the tour guide. He will arrange tickets.Some attractions might be closed on public holidays. Optional activities price may change or can be different as displayed on the website.
A minimum tip of $10 per passenger per day for Tour Guide and Driver is not included in the price of the tour package. Pay it in cash to Tour guide and bus driver. This service fees collected from passengers complement the incomes of the driver and the tour guide.
Though the meals are excluded,but the guides will arrange them for you.
Room fees of personal nature, such as, laundry fees, telephone, service fees of valets, expenses on alcoholic drinks and what you buy from the mini bar. However, specified fees may be included.
Important Notice: Passengers are discouraged from purchasing admission packages from sources outside and trying to use them for this tour provided at a discounted price. In case they want to do so, they must arrange transport the same day.
|Attractions||Adult||Child(3-11 yrs)||Senior (65+ yrs)|
|Luray Caverns, VA||$28.00||$15.00||$28.00|
|Shenandoah National Park, VA||$15.00||$10.00||$15.00|
- 1. All the prices are listed in USD.
- 2. Tour display price is based on double occupancy. It is the price each person will pay if a group of two is traveling.
- 3. Prices may change without any notice.
- 4. Prices include hotel accommodation, transportation and taxes.
- 5. Admission Tickets to different places and meals are NOT included in the tour price.
- 6. Mandatory Tip for tour guide and driver are NOT included.
- 7. Only the tour guide can purchase entrance tickets for you. Pre-purchased tickets are NOT acceptable.
- 8. A free (i.e. Buy 2 Get 1 Free) person, not showing up on a departure date will result in a penalty. The penalty is usually the fourth person price, but it varies. Free person has to pay for some admission tickets that is included in the tour package price of Paid Person.
- 9. There must be at least one passenger of 18 years for every booking made with GoldenBusTours. For Children between the age group of 2 to 14 years, a different price will be charged. Please refer to Child price on our pricing calendar. Child Age may vary between different bus operators. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel. If the 5th person is infant you will be charged normally then with the second room as an expense.
- 10. Activities are optional though, but each customer has to participate in 2 activities at least. No city pass allowed. Some attractions are mandatory. Each customer has to take part in them and have to pay for them in cash.
Usually the same as departure location but different time. Some locations are only for pickup.
- 1. Arrive at departure location 10 to 15 minutes before the mentioned time to make sure you catch the bus on time. If in case you are late, the bus will not wait for you at the location and ultimately you will miss the entire tour (no refund in this case).
- 2. Return time on the website is just an estimation. Expect some variation always. Time may change depending on traffic and weather situations
- 3. There is a possibility that tour operator may use a shuttle to drop you off at the return location. It usually happens in the case of multiple return locations.
- 4. You can leave the tour at any place only after signing a Tour Departure Form for leaving the tour early.
- 5. Please note that price will stay the same even if you leave the tour early.
- 6. If you have booked a pre-tour hotel stay, then you will have to arrange your own transport from hotel to departure location.
- 7. If you have booked extra night hotel after the tour, then you will arrange transport from drop off point to hotel.
- 8. On West Coast tours some bus operators have a lot of departure locations. A slow start is expected on these tours.
Reservation, Booking & Redemption
Terms & Conditions
Any travel service purchases indicate your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions set out herein.
You are advised to carefully read through and understand these Terms & Conditions before making your booking.
You will get an email immediately once you place an order. Tour Confirmation usually takes 2, 3 days except for urgent order. Urgent orders can be confirmed in a day or even few hours, but we can’t assure success in these cases. On fewer occasions, some of the others may require a longer period of time for confirmation. You are advised not to book airline tickets unless you have received the confirmation.
E-Ticket (Mandatory to be on bus)
Your e-ticket includes complete operator information such as local telephone numbers at your destination. You are required to print the e-tickets and bring them along with you on the trip. They will be needed as proof of purchase.
Changes in Booking
You may incur a fee for any revisions or alterations made to the reservation when the booking has already been confirmed. Cancellation fees may be applied to things such as name changes or corrections. They may also apply to tour date changes or tour itinerary changes. Please note that no departure changes are permitted 72 hours before departure.
Changes in Tour Itinerary
We are continuously striving to improve tour itineraries and features. In the event of unforeseen circumstances that are beyond the control, we do reserve the right to vary the itineraries and to substitute hotels. Duplicate departures may operate during certain peak periods, sometimes in reverse order. As such, hotels may vary from those included on the itinerary pages.
If you wish to reschedule your tour (change the departure date or choose a different tour) then a reschedule fees may be applied. A reschedule fees of $25 or 6% (which one is higher) will be applied. Please note that all reschedule requests should be made before 18 days of tour departure. Requests made after the mentioned duration shall not be entertained.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection.
1. One room can accommodate maximum 4 people. Even if you are 5 people including 1 month old baby you still need 2 rooms.
2. If you can carry your child up to 3 years of age then you do not need to book seats for him. It may vary from one tour to another.
3. Service providers hold the right to change the itinerary and hotel arrangements without any notice.
4. Child (0-9 years) and Single traveler going on the tour have special rates. These prices vary from one tour to another.
5. Meals and Attractions are not included. You can ask your tour guide to try to arrange the meal for you as per your requirements. For attractions, admission fees pay it to the tour guide on the tour.
6. Prices may change without any notice because of prices fluctuation in the market.
7. All prices mentioned on the website are in US dollars.
8. In Case of Bank Wire Transfer customer have to bear Wire transfer fee.
9. Tour package price is inclusive of taxes.
10. Tour Prices are every individual and in view of room inhabitance.
11. Final hotels booked may not be same as the one mentioned on the website.
Child rates are applicable for children between (0-12 years) of age. Parents are advised to bring car seats for the safety of their child.
Buy 2 Get 3rd discounted: Get 3rd Ticket on special discounted rates on the purchase of 2 tickets.
No matter the reason for the cancellation, we are forced to carry costly charges from out travel and hotel providers in the form of penalties and fees that re-incurred when there is a cancellation of confirmed or pending bookings. As such, there are cancellation penalties or fees incurred. Determination of the time of cancellation will be done when the notice is received and confirmed by our office. You must make any notice of cancellation directly to GoldenBusTours by email or webmail at the Contact Us section.
We reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule any tour departure with respect to operating requirement or circumstances beyond control. In case a cancellation is made at any given moment in time before departure, our only liability as GoldenBusTours will be to refund you, the passenger with the amount we received for the booking of the tour. We will try our best to re-book the same or similar tour. We are not responsible for any cancellation penalties that may have been incurred on any other travel arrangements inclusive of separate purchase of air tickets.
We are not liable for any other travel arrangements that have been affected as a result of the cancellations.
⇒ A 15% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 13 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 40% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3-12 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3 days before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs on departure day.
An add-on fee of 6% for handling fees is charged in addition to the above penalties.
There is no refund for unused features. You forfeit the entire payment when you are a no show.
In order for there not to be a cancellation, a minimum number of participants are required. We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled trip although every effort is made by us to ensure that normal operations are maintained.
Note: More 30 days after the completion of the tour, we cannot grant any refunds.
⇒ In the case of free passenger cancellation kindly update us 7 days before the departure.
⇒ In the case of late cancellation request or free passenger does not show up on tour day then $128 will be charged.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection. If you reschedule tour and later decides to cancel it then cancellation charges will be applicable to the original departure date and not to the rescheduled one.
3. Before booking any tour make sure to go through every detail like tour itinerary, tour price, cancellation policy, reschedule and refund policies.
4. You should either bring a printed copy of your E-Ticket or bring it in your smartphone on the day of tour departure. You should also bring a valid photo ID along with your E-Ticket. In the case of any issues for not carrying E-Ticket or Photo ID GoldenBusTour will not be responsible.
5. Make sure to provide a valid phone number so we can reach you in the case of any emergency.
6. Please read all important notes, inclusion, exclusion section, terms and conditions, policies and below notes.
6a. Tour Operator holds the right to cancel the tour at any time depending on poor weather condition or some other unforeseen circumstances. However, GoldenBusTour will update its customers about the cancellation and shall not be held accountable for charges other than tour fees.
6b. Change in tour price will not affect any confirmed booking.
6c. Tour Operator can change the order of itinerary at any time without any notice.
7. You will be responsible for your travel documents during the tour.
8. Reach Departure location about 20 to 30 minutes before departure time. Unfortunately, no one will wait for you in case you get in late. The bus mostly has Bus Operator name and logo on it. Even if you are five minutes late and miss the bus then GoldenBusTours or Tour Operator will not be responsible. There will be no refund in this case. You will be charged 100% tour fee.
I was lucky to visit Virginia which is a very popular state of USA. The Shenandoah valley was one of the best places I had seen while my visit to Virginia. The east side of the valley consisted of the Blue Ridge Mountains which was great scenery. I also had a chance to go to Shenandoah national park which was blessed with vistas, wooded hollows and also beautiful water falls. Moving further on people really forced me to visit the Virginia Natural Bridge, initially I had no mode to visit the place, however at last I decided to visit, I was stunned to see limestone terrain.
I was having a day off and luckily took to this trip to a popular USA state Virginia. Everyone told me it was the best chance I had got to visit the Virginia Natural Bridge. I was amazed to see the terrain in limestone.
The whole tour of ours was planned and organized by the Golden Bus Tours. The initial strategy was to visit all the famous destinations of Washington DC. The travel agency managed things pretty well and our plan was implemented wonderfully well. I thank Golden Bus Tours for all they had done.
You won’t see a better guided tour than this one. I had never been to these places before and needed a well guided tour like this one to make and trip to Virginia memorable. I have already recommended this tour to my friends and cousin.
Highly recommend to all. This time I picked one day tour. It was simply outclassed. The drive was perfect with breathtaking views, great exploration and adorable locations. I can’t explain the beauty of places in words. The driver and guide was very decent and well-mannered; they insure to satisfy every traveler. Our driver also makes quick stops as per our desire. Thanks for the services.
Well, too bad that this journey is only offered on the Saturdays, but I had to depart on it because my family made a plan to go visit the destination the tour is offering. However, in a morning the bus arrive at Washington DC at sharp 7:45 AM to pick the visitors. The first destination was Luray Caverns in Virginia; I liked that interesting place and we also happened to learn so much about it. And after that, we took a never-ending bus ride through Shenandoah National Park, although we stopped at some of its lovely spots and trails. It was good!
While I was in Washington DC for my job, I decided to take this one day tour to the western Virginia with my fiancé. I was expecting that they will take us to many places for a complete one day journey. But the places they let us visit were the best and worth it. Shenandoah National Park & Luray Caverns are wonderful, especially at the Luray cave system; the underground attractions are too many. I could have played much better piano at the Great Stalactite Organ in underground Luray caves; it was definitely a majestic place to visit. I will try to another depart on another bus tour when I get to Washington next time.
I joined this tour with my girlfriend. We were so happy at the end of the day. Tour completely met our expectations or it is more than what we were thinking. Places were beautiful. Our tour guide was a man of day, he was an excellent guide, a positive and decent man. Thanks for making our day memorable. Highly recommend this tour.
Dean was a very nice man and informative guide in this tour. A large group of people joined this short trip and mostly natives were dominating the trip because of its short nature. Only a few foreigners were there. Tour guide seemed to be very flexible in every step and he was always there to meet our needs. I was so particular about my protein intake and he got it very well. He told me and guided me well to find good healthy eating options in an amazing way. Places were really good and very smart planning was done in this short trip. Few places with some time long drive entertained me a lot. I enjoyed a lot and clicked the beauty of places like waterfalls of Shenandoah National Park and Luray Caverns. Both places were exceptional in their beauty. The weather was very good to comfort us and that’s why my all clicks appeared incredibly beautiful. I had an amazing time and I am sure that whoever decides to pick this tour will have the best time in this trip. Thanks a lot!
It was a short tour with a small group of people. I found this aspect the best one because I do not like noisy environment inside the bus. As our trip began I was so relaxed because the music was really so peaceful and people inside the bus were enjoying it with the relaxed mood (although some were switched to their headphones, maybe they did not like that smooth music). Steve (perfectly dressed up) was our guide who was excellent in his job and guided us so well. Seats were very comfortable and hygiene was well maintained inside the bus. Places were super cool and I loved the long drive of two hours along with a scenic ride through Virginia’s western mountains a lot. I can certainly recommend it to the people who love sightseeing the attractions of nature. It can be a good addition in the travel diaries of nature lovers. Thanks a lot!
I had a wonderful experience of this trip. Our tour guide was Dean and the bus driver was Alex. Both were so accommodating. The driver was stuck in a traffic jam and that caused a delay of approximately 15 minutes. Dean was so accommodating that he managed time so well in itinerary and everyone in this trip was very okay with that. I loved the entire places because nature was all there to entertain us. Highly recommending!
It was an absolute pleasure to visit the Shenandoah Valley. Golden Bus Tours provided us with a lot of information before we went on this 1 day tour. It was a remarkable tour overall. The trip was fun and enjoyable, the guide was very approachable and the prices were reasonably affordable.
I am a working woman and great fond of traveling. I decided to take one day out from my busy routine and discover the beauty of nature. It always booked my tour through this bus tour service and never got disappointed. Our guide was very young and trained man. He managed the whole tour in a healthier way. He knows how to satisfy the needs of people and well informed about the stories of places. I like Shenandoah National Park most. Recommended
It was a lovely experience for me and my wife. A small one day trip had a lot to explore with fun. Less people were in the bus and we were hardly a group of ten along with our guide. Places like Luray Caverns and Skyline Drive National Park were so beautiful. The tour guide gave enough time to all visitors and found him very informative as well. Thanks a lot for a truly attractive trip.
I picked this short trip because of its short nature and its itinerary. It was so accommodating for me. I was joining this trip with my 70 years old mother and this trip was more about sightseeing and long drive in a very comfortable bus. My mother said yes to this trip when I explained all of its positive aspects. Experience of Great Stalactite Organ was so cool for me. My mum enjoyed a lot scenic ride through Virginia’s western mountains and waterfalls and mountains of the skyline Drive National Park. Dean was a very supportive guide towards every age. It was a very smoothly planned trip where all could enjoy and we also enjoyed a lot. Timing of 120 minutes on some places was quite enough to explore their beauty. Thanks!
Gorgeous views, beautiful scenic drive, wonderful tour and amazing places. It was the best way to get relaxed and enjoy the beauty of nature with lots of activities. It was my first experience with this tour company, I booked this tour because of very economical rates. I found this tour and team amazing. The bus driver and guide were helpful and paying equal attention to everyone. The food option was also good. Love the tour.
Transportation was a rental minivan for 6 people plus driver. There was no driver and tour guide only driver who did very little tour guiding. Was told to arrive 15-30 min early (which I did) but transportation arrived 2 min til leaving time ( after I called to check on the ETA). Mandatory tip and Mandatory 2 excursion purchase in cash to driver. Why not just add it to the original price? Wish the tip wasn’t mandatory because I would not have left one. Once at the cavern, there are a couple museums that are included with the price. Well I couldn’t get into one because our driver had the ticket stubs. By the time I found him. I had less than ten min before leaving. Dissapointed.
Great tour…… The tour plan was properly followed and we visited all mention places. I like Luray Caverns and Shenandoah National Park very much. Our guide was very knowledgeable and caring man. He was giving all information without asking and made us very comfortable. I must recommend to join this tour as it is the one of the best place to see with your family or friends. The bus tour company did a wonderful job in all aspects thanks and recommended.
- 1. All reviews will be manually approved.
- 2. No Sign up required to post a review.
- 3. In case of any issue, please Email us your review with your username. We will post it on your behalf.