Chicago City Tour
Know the best of Chicago in one day’s span. Mesmerize yourself with the bold architecture statements in this one of the world’s top architecture city.
In the heart of Downtown, visit the Millennium Park, observe its landscape design and the extensively crafted sculptures, later that day you will get to see the Cloud Gate, an impressive urban signature sculpture a beautiful public place to be in. Witness one of the world’s most massive man-made fountains, the Clarence Buckingham Memorial Fountain. Take a stroll at the Navy Pier, which is the former Navy Training center and is currently the most visited lakeshore park by locals and tourists in the central United States. Following you will be taken to the Chicago Theatre where you can see French Baroque architecture. The next stop is going to be the Michigan Avenue; here you will have some beautiful places to visit like the Art Institute of Chicago at Grant Park, the historic Chicago Water Tower, various boutiques and shopping malls. Next, to get spectacular panoramic views of the city, you will be taken to the 360 Chicago soaring at 1000 feet above Lake Michigan. Breath-taking views of the Chicago skyline can be viewed, and even the neighboring states like Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, and Wisconsin can be viewed on a clear sky day. Following, take the river cruise (closed in winter) and enjoy a beautiful urban experience of Chicago from the river.
Hotel: Best Western Plus O’Hare International South Hotel or Similar.
Chicago – Springfield – St Louis
In the morning, we will embark for Springfield which happens to be the hometown of Abraham Lincoln, one of the most loved and respected presidents of the nation. Visit his old home, where he resided for 17 years. Behind the Lincoln residence is the State Capitol of Illinois which is the tallest non- skyscraper capitol building in the country. Next, we will be heading to the largest metropolitan region in East Missouri, St. Louis. It is also the geographical center of the United States of America. Apart from this, it is credited as one of the busiest train transport hubs of the world. The Westward Movement also began at St. Louis. Next, you will be visiting the world’s tallest arch which is the Gateway Arch, standing high as 630 feet, it was built to commemorate the striving men during the times of the historical migration and land expansion. After this, comes the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis, it’s interior is graced with 41.5 million glass mosaic pieces in around 7000 colors.
Hotel: Comfort Inn Festus or Similar.
St. Louis – Memphis Graceland
We go across the Mississippi River to reach Memphis which is called the land of music and is also the biggest city in Tennessee. The city got its name from the ancient capital of Egypt and also you will find the same scorching sun like in Egypt. Next, visit Graceland, which happens to be the mansion home of Elvis Presley “the king of Rock and Roll,” he is regarded as the most prominent cultural icon of the 20th century.
Hotel: Ramada Pearl or Similar.
Oak Alley Plantation – New Orleans (Night Tour)
Visit a US National Historic Landmark situated in the west suburban in New Orleans, the Oak Alley Plantation. Experience your own “Gone with the wind” movements. Further, a swamp ride will be arranged for you. It will be great fun and also adventurous, get to know this unique ecosystem. You will get to see alligators, turtles, snakes, herons, ibis, egrets and many other species. The ruins from the disaster caused by Katrina which was about a decade ago can be seen too. After this, we recommend an optional night city tour of New Orleans, enthrall yourself with the rich Spanish and French heritage of New Orleans, you might also witness some jazz performances in some corners of the streets. The nightlife is fantastic here, it seems as if some festival is going on.
Hotel: La Quinta Inn New Orleans Veterans/Metairie or Similar.
New Orleans – Birmingham
Begin the day at CafeDu Monde with a cup of French Coffee accompanied with the sugar coated donut, immerse yourself in the liveliness of a local street art. Visit the Royal Street antique stores; you can also randomly end up in a jazz bar in Bourbon Street. Come to Jackson Square, which was built to commemorate the demise of General Andrew Jackson. You will get steamboat and the St. Louis Cathedral in just walking distance. Don’t miss the opportunity to grab some Cajun food. From we bid adieu to New Orleans and move on to Alabama by noon. Learn about how much humanity shed blood and tears in their fight for human rights equality in Birmingham, one of the most intense Civil Right Movement battlegrounds. You will learn more about it in Kelly Ingram Park.
Hotel: Comfort Suites Gadsden or Similar.
Chattanooga – Great Smoky Mountains Gatlinburg
We will arrive at Chattanooga, and you can explore the mountains by climbing above Rock City and also get the view of seven neighboring states from the Lover’s Leap, an amazing scenic point. Further, we keep moving towards the Great Smoky Mountains where there you can find a variety of animals. We stop at Gatlinburg, a mountain town and has unique restaurants, hotels, and shops. You will get hand-made candies or some local souvenirs. The best part of coming to visit Tennessee comes when you come to Dixie Stampede, which is a dinner theatre where while dining you can watch the brilliant show of 32 horses and some top-notch riders pulling up a spectacular display of trick riding and competition a fun and friendly rivalry between themselves.
Hotel: Clarion Inn or Similar.
Kentucky Horse Park – Ark Encounter Theme Park
We visit the “Bluegrass State”, Kentucky, stop by the Kentucky Artisan Centre, you can find a lot of local folk art and handicrafts over here. Further we arrive at Lexington also called the “Horse Capital of the World”. Horse racing of Kentucky is world famous.See the Kentucky Horse Park, a 1,224 acre park which hosts various shows based on “man’s relationship with the horse”. Our group will also visit Ar Encounter Theme Park. We will also go to Findley Market for the dinner.
Hotel: Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North or Similar.
Purdue University – Chicago
First we will see in Indianapolis the Indiana State House from outside and then continue the journey till Lafayette to visit the giant Purdue University. It has 200 major undergraduate programs and more than 70 doctoral and masters programs. 23 astronauts including Neil Armstrong who has been chosen for space flight are alumnus of this University.
Later that day, we will be returning Chicago.
- 1. The order of itinerary may change without any notice depending on weather situations or for some other unforeseen circumstances.
- 2. The order of activities held during the tour is planned by the tour guide. So, it may be different from what is mentioned on the tour page. On fewer occasions, Tour Guide has to skip an attraction or few during the tour depending on weather, traffic, group interest or some other reason.
- 3. Some attractions are seasonal. So, when they are closed they will be replaced with some other attraction.
- 4. You can skip some optional activities during the tour and plan something on your own. Make sure that you coordinate with Tour guide and stay with the group with next activity. Please note you cannot stay on the bus if you skip some optional activity.
- 5. Probable hotel names are mentioned in the itinerary. It can be similar or a different hotel of the similar rating. Exact Hotel details can only be provided one day before the departure.
- 6. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel.
- 7. These tours are conducted in a group. A group can have people of several cultures. We expect each person to coordinate with Tour guide to make sure things are on track.
- 8. Though attractions are optional but you have to at least take 2 attractions.
Most of the tours are carried out in air conditioned bus. A minivan can also be used depending on the number of people booking the tour.
Hotel Accommodation is included in tour.
This is a guided tour.
All Taxes are included.
Rates could alter without prior notice.
Optional fees will be paid in cash to the guide. Optional activities price may change or can be different as displayed on the website.
Guide will arrange meals and drinks when requested as they are not included in the package.
Daily Service charges for driver and the guide is $10 minimum per person.
Such expenses as telephone services, alcoholic drinks, beverages and laundry services which are private room services.
Services related to travel insurance.
Other personal expenses.
Important: We never encourage customers to purchase admission packages from outside sources and try using them in this tour with discount. If they do, they must arrange transport on the same day.
|Attractions||Adult||Child(3-11 yrs)||Senior (65+ yrs)|
|Art Institute of Chicago, IL||$25.00||$0.00||$25.00|
|Chicago 360, IL||$25.00||$18.00||$25.00|
|Chicago Cruise, IL||$35.00||$21.00||$32.00|
|Chicago Theater, IL||$15.00||$10.00||$15.00|
|Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede, TN||$66.84||$41.46||$66.84|
|Graceland (Elvis Presley Mansion), TN||$39.00||$17.00||$35.00|
|Kentucky Horse Park, KY||$20.00||$9.00||$20.00|
|New Orleans Night Tour, LA||$25.00||$15.00||$25.00|
|Oak Alley Plantation, LA||$22.00||$8.00||$22.00|
|Purdue University, IN||$10.00||$7.00||$10.00|
|Rock City Gardens, GA||$22.00||$13.10||$22.00|
|Swamp Boat tour, IL||$27.00||$16.00||$27.00|
- 1. All the prices are listed in USD.
- 2. Tour display price is based on double occupancy. It is the price each person will pay if a group of two is traveling.
- 3. Prices may change without any notice.
- 4. Prices include hotel accommodation, transportation and taxes.
- 5. Admission Tickets to different places and meals are NOT included in the tour price.
- 6. Mandatory Tip for tour guide and driver are NOT included.
- 7. Only the tour guide can purchase entrance tickets for you. Pre-purchased tickets are NOT acceptable.
- 8. A free (i.e. Buy 2 Get 1 Free) person, not showing up on a departure date will result in a penalty. The penalty is usually the fourth person price, but it varies. Free person has to pay for some admission tickets that is included in the tour package price of Paid Person.
- 9. There must be at least one passenger of 18 years for every booking made with GoldenBusTours. For Children between the age group of 2 to 14 years, a different price will be charged. Please refer to Child price on our pricing calendar. Child Age may vary between different bus operators. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel. If the 5th person is infant you will be charged normally then with the second room as an expense.
- 10. Activities are optional though, but each customer has to participate in 2 activities at least. No city pass allowed. Some attractions are mandatory. Each customer has to take part in them and have to pay for them in cash.
207 W Cermak Rd. Chicago, IL 60616 at 8:00 AM
Kindly book your flights to depart from O'Hare(Airport) after 7:00 PM as there will be travel activities on the last day.Free Drop off to this Airport but only at the time mentioned before.
- 1. Arrive at departure location 10 to 15 minutes before the mentioned time to make sure you catch the bus on time. If in case you are late, the bus will not wait for you at the location and ultimately you will miss the entire tour (no refund in this case).
- 2. Return time on the website is just an estimation. Expect some variation always. Time may change depending on traffic and weather situations
- 3. There is a possibility that tour operator may use a shuttle to drop you off at the return location. It usually happens in the case of multiple return locations.
- 4. You can leave the tour at any place only after signing a Tour Departure Form for leaving the tour early.
- 5. Please note that price will stay the same even if you leave the tour early.
- 6. If you have booked a pre-tour hotel stay, then you will have to arrange your own transport from hotel to departure location.
- 7. If you have booked extra night hotel after the tour, then you will arrange transport from drop off point to hotel.
- 8. On West Coast tours some bus operators have a lot of departure locations. A slow start is expected on these tours.
Reservation, Booking & Redemption
Terms & Conditions
Any travel service purchases indicate your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions set out herein.
You are advised to carefully read through and understand these Terms & Conditions before making your booking.
You will get an email immediately once you place an order. Tour Confirmation usually takes 2, 3 days except for urgent order. Urgent orders can be confirmed in a day or even few hours, but we can’t assure success in these cases. On fewer occasions, some of the others may require a longer period of time for confirmation. You are advised not to book airline tickets unless you have received the confirmation.
E-Ticket (Mandatory to be on bus)
Your e-ticket includes complete operator information such as local telephone numbers at your destination. You are required to print the e-tickets and bring them along with you on the trip. They will be needed as proof of purchase.
Changes in Booking
You may incur a fee for any revisions or alterations made to the reservation when the booking has already been confirmed. Cancellation fees may be applied to things such as name changes or corrections. They may also apply to tour date changes or tour itinerary changes. Please note that no departure changes are permitted 72 hours before departure.
Changes in Tour Itinerary
We are continuously striving to improve tour itineraries and features. In the event of unforeseen circumstances that are beyond the control, we do reserve the right to vary the itineraries and to substitute hotels. Duplicate departures may operate during certain peak periods, sometimes in reverse order. As such, hotels may vary from those included on the itinerary pages.
If you wish to reschedule your tour (change the departure date or choose a different tour) then a reschedule fees may be applied. A reschedule fees of $25 or 6% (which one is higher) will be applied. Please note that all reschedule requests should be made before 18 days of tour departure. Requests made after the mentioned duration shall not be entertained.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection.
1. One room can accommodate maximum 4 people. Even if you are 5 people including 1 month old baby you still need 2 rooms.
2. If you can carry your child up to 3 years of age then you do not need to book seats for him. It may vary from one tour to another.
3. Service providers hold the right to change the itinerary and hotel arrangements without any notice.
4. Child (0-9 years) and Single traveler going on the tour have special rates. These prices vary from one tour to another.
5. Meals and Attractions are not included. You can ask your tour guide to try to arrange the meal for you as per your requirements. For attractions, admission fees pay it to the tour guide on the tour.
6. Prices may change without any notice because of prices fluctuation in the market.
7. All prices mentioned on the website are in US dollars.
8. In Case of Bank Wire Transfer customer have to bear Wire transfer fee.
9. Tour package price is inclusive of taxes.
10. Tour Prices are every individual and in view of room inhabitance.
Child rates are applicable for children between (0-12 years) of age. Parents are advised to bring car seats for the safety of their child.
Buy 2 Get 3rd discounted: Get 3rd Ticket on special discounted rates on the purchase of 2 tickets.
No matter the reason for the cancellation, we are forced to carry costly charges from out travel and hotel providers in the form of penalties and fees that re-incurred when there is a cancellation of confirmed or pending bookings. As such, there are cancellation penalties or fees incurred. Determination of the time of cancellation will be done when the notice is received and confirmed by our office. You must make any notice of cancellation directly to GoldenBusTours by email or webmail at the Contact Us section.
We reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule any tour departure with respect to operating requirement or circumstances beyond control. In case a cancellation is made at any given moment in time before departure, our only liability as GoldenBusTours will be to refund you, the passenger with the amount we received for the booking of the tour. We will try our best to re-book the same or similar tour. We are not responsible for any cancellation penalties that may have been incurred on any other travel arrangements inclusive of separate purchase of air tickets.
We are not liable for any other travel arrangements that have been affected as a result of the cancellations.
⇒ A 60% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3-10 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3 days before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs on departure day.
There is no refund for unused features. You forfeit the entire payment when you are a no show.
In order for there not to be a cancellation, a minimum number of participants are required. We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled trip although every effort is made by us to ensure that normal operations are maintained.
An add-on fee of 6% for handling fees is charged in addition to the above penalties.
Note: More 30 days after the completion of the tour, we cannot grant any refunds.
⇒ In the case of free passenger cancellation kindly update us 7 days before the departure.
⇒ In the case of late cancellation request or free passenger does not show up on tour day then $128 will be charged.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection.
3. Before booking any tour make sure to go through every detail like tour itinerary, tour price, cancellation policy, reschedule and refund policies.
4. You should either bring a printed copy of your E-Ticket or bring it in your smartphone on the day of tour departure. You should also bring a valid photo ID along with your E-Ticket. In the case of any issues for not carrying E-Ticket or Photo ID GoldenBusTour will not be responsible.
5. Make sure to provide a valid phone number so we can reach you in the case of any emergency.
6. Please read all important notes, inclusion, exclusion section, terms and conditions, policies and below notes.
6a. Tour Operator holds the right to cancel the tour at any time depending on poor weather condition or some other unforeseen circumstances. However, GoldenBusTour will update its customers about the cancellation and shall not be held accountable for charges other than tour fees.
6b. Change in tour price will not affect any confirmed booking.
6c. Tour Operator can change the order of itinerary at any time without any notice.
7. You will be responsible for your travel documents during the tour.
8. Reach Departure location about 20 to 30 minutes before departure time. Unfortunately, no one will wait for you in case you get in late. The bus mostly has Bus Operator name and logo on it. Even if you are five minutes late and miss the bus then GoldenBusTours or Tour Operator will not be responsible. There will be no refund in this case. You will be charged 100% tour fee.
I came all the way from the United Kingdom to America just because my best buddies were willing to discover the good tourist destinations in the country. We hired this 8-day bus tour from our home online, it was stress-free. We joined the tour bus from Chicago city and then continue to various attractions of the city first including the Cloud Gate, Clarence Buckingham Memorial Fountain, and the exclusive aerial views from the Chicago 360. The vibrant night culture of New Orleans was extraordinary. Thanks to the great tour that we explored the entire Chicago City which I later realized that it was one of the largest city in the America.
I could name all the amazing places we went to on this special bus journey. I would like to include the remarkable work of management probably because of the best-visiting sites as well the hotels. We browsed the Oak Alley Plantation, Springfield, Gateway Arch, Memphis Graceland, Great Smoky Mountains, and many others on the eight days of the trip. We had the best continental food, luxury hotels, and visited the top-notch sites. It the most recommended tour with full of enjoyment and entertainment.
- 1. All reviews will be manually approved.
- 2. No Sign up required to post a review.
- 3. In case of any issue, please Email us your review with your username. We will post it on your behalf.