Chicago City Tour (12/26 Wednesday)
In the morning, we will pick up travelers and mark the beginning of this wonderful tour in Chicago. First, we will visit the Millennium Park, here we will walk around and sightsee its superb architecture, sculpture and landscape design. Then we will move through Cloud Gate. After that, we will take a stop at the Clarence Buckingham Memorial Fountain. Our next stop will be the Navy Pier. Then we will explore the Chicago Theatre. Then we will head to Michigan Ave, here we will sightsee Grant Park, the Art Institute of Chicago, boutique stores, shopping malls, and the historical Chicago Water Tower. Later, we will visit 360 CHICAGO and enjoy the best view of this city. From the top, we will sightsee the beautiful Lake Michigan, majestic skyline, views of downtown Chicago, the lakefront and four neighboring states. After this exciting experience, we will join a walking tour and learn more about this beautiful architectural city. Our trained Tour Guide will lead the tour and we will sightsee the beautiful Chicago River, several renowned buildings in Chicago. Following the walking tour, we will go to the hotel to spend the night.
Hotel: Best Western O’Hare or Similar.
Chicago – Detroit (12/27 Thursday)
On the second day, we will and leave Chicago and head towards Detroit. It is the capital of automobiles. Here we will visit the headquarters of the General Motors Company and also take pictures there. Our next stop will be Henry Ford Museum. Here we will sightsee the unique exhibition of cars and learn about the history of Ford and its Industrial revolution. Head to the hotel for night stay.
Hotel: Quality Inn & Suites North Youngstown or Similar.
Detroit – Pittsburgh – Washington, D.C. (12/28 Friday)
In the morning of the third day, we will leave Detroit and travel to Pittsburgh. It is recognized as the Steel City and the City of Bridges. We will visit Point State Park and enjoy the marvelous view of Pittsburgh. After that, we will travel to Washington, D.C. Upon arrival, we will explore the Lincoln Memorial, the Reflecting Pool, the Korean War Memorial, and the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. Next, we will take photos of the White House and the U.S. Capitol from outside due to the visit limitation for the public. Then we will take an exclusive DC cruise on the Potomac River and enjoy the beautiful view of the town. Along the way, we will also witness and pass by the WWII Memorial, the Washington Monument, Thomas Jefferson Memorial and more. Night stay will be at the hotel.
Hotel: Comfort Inn Capital Beltway or Similar.
Baltimore – Hershey – Lancaster – Philadelphia – New Jersey (12/29 Saturday)
In the morning of the fourth day, we will explore the economic hub of Maryland; Baltimore city. We will sightsee shops, restaurants, and many other beautiful attractions. Then we will visit Hershey’s Chocolate World, it is located in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Here we will enjoy the taste of freshly made tasty chocolates and also see the thrilling 4D Chocolate Mystery Show. We will travel towards Lancaster County to visit the Amish Village. Here we will adore its rural way of life. After that, we will head to Philadelphia. We will visit the Independence National Historical Park, here we will walk around and enjoy some free time. Inside tour of the Independence Hall recalls some special movements of history. Then we will witness the Liberty Bell, Congress Hall, the Statue of Washington and other great attractions. Don’t miss to capture memorable movements. Our night stay will be in New Jersey.
Hotel: Somerset, Holiday Inn Somerset or Similar.
New York City (12/30 Sunday)
On the fifth day, we will travel around the entire of New York City to explore its main landmarks. First, we will visit the Empire State Building, here we will see the beautiful view of the known Central Park and the entire of New York City. Then we will head to Hudson River, here we will take a sightseeing cruise and enjoy the view of Manhattan’s skyline. From the cruise, we will also witness the Statue of Liberty. We will also explore USS INTREPID and see a variety of aircraft retired from renowned wars and battles. After that we will visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art, here we will be amazed by the collections of more than 2 million works of art. Today's last stop will be Times Square. After having dinner at Times square we will back to the hotel for night stay.
Note: If time allows we will visit the world-famous Madame Tussauds Wax Museum and take fun photos with wax sculptures of American and international celebrities.
Hotel: Somerset, Holiday Inn Somerset or Similar.
New Year Times Square Countdown (12/31 Monday)
Today we will head to the world's famous financial and securities trading center; Wall Street to celebrate New Year’s Eve. Here we will take pictures with the Charging Bull. Then we will sightsee Trinity Church (Outside). Our next stop will be the Brooklyn Bridge, here we will cross the bridge on foot and overwhelmed by this remarkable mega construction. After that, we will get relaxed and enjoy a tasty lunch in Manhattan’s Chinatown. Next, we will explore the Fifth Avenue and Rockefeller Center. We will reach at the Times Square countdown area in the afternoon. Here we will enjoy the celebration of 2019 with thousands of visitors from all over the world. We will stroll around freely and admire the bright lights of Times Square and experience the famed New Year Eve’s celebrations.
Travelers may choose any one of the three options to enjoy the countdown ceremony.
We may walk to Times Square and enjoy the stirring performance before the countdown. In the countdown zone, we will enjoy the wonderful performances, celebrations and the historic moment (Free of charge).
For more pleasure, we may buy an Applebee Party Pass. We will be in the center of all to enjoy a Grand evening. We will also get a chance to feel the real power and enthusiasm of a New Year’s Eve at Times Square. The main attraction of Largest Applebee’s party includes Dance Floor, Premium Chef’s selection buffet, Premium Open Bar, Champagne Toast at Midnight, Party Favors, House DJ / Live Entertainment and more. $375 will be charged for adults and $250 for the kids.
We may also enjoy the celebration of the New Year on New York Sightseeing Countdown Dinner Cruise. On the ferry, we will enjoy the beauty of the majestic evening, striking views and splendid entertainment. We will also enjoy dancing on greatest hits in the cruise boat and have favorite drinks at the open bar. At midnight, we will enjoy the brilliant firework display in the sky. $411/person will be charged that include transfer service to the pier.
Note: Indoor waiting area service and a pack of hand-warmer to keep warm in countdown zone will be provided. Hotel shuttle bus will be departing at 18:00/21:00/01:30.
Hotel: Somerset, Holiday Inn Somerset or Similar.
Upstate New York – Ithaca/Cornell University (01/01/2019 Tuesday)
In the morning of the New Year’s Day, we will leave the hotel and travel towards the beautiful Finger Lakes region in Upstate New York. It is known for lovely valleys and waterfalls. We will explore a town located at the southern tip of Cayuga Lake; Ithaca. We will take a stop at the beautiful campus of Cornell University. Here we will roam around and sightsee the beautiful Cayuga Lake, University’s botanical garden and adore the fabulous waterfalls and valleys within the Cornell Campus. For night stay, we will head to the hotel.
Hotel: Days Inn Erie, Comfort Inn Erie or Similar.
Cleveland – Chicago – Homeland (01/02/2019 Wednesday)
On the last day, we will head to the Cleveland city. Here we will explore the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. In the museum, we will sightsee four theaters, multiple interactive stations and 7 floors of music exhibition. In the evening, we will conclude our tour in Chicago and drop-off travelers.
Note: Travelers who need to leave at any other places on the way back to Chicago, please confirm it with their tour guide in advance.
- 1. The order of itinerary may change without any notice depending on weather situations or for some other unforeseen circumstances.
- 2. The order of activities held during the tour is planned by the tour guide. So, it may be different from what is mentioned on the tour page. On fewer occasions, Tour Guide has to skip an attraction or few during the tour depending on weather, traffic, group interest or some other reason.
- 3. Some attractions are seasonal. So, when they are closed they will be replaced with some other attraction.
- 4. You can skip some optional activities during the tour and plan something on your own. Make sure that you coordinate with Tour guide and stay with the group with next activity. Please note you cannot stay on the bus if you skip some optional activity.
- 5. Probable hotel names are mentioned in the itinerary. It can be similar or a different hotel of the similar rating. Exact Hotel details can only be provided one day before the departure.
- 6. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel.
- 7. These tours are conducted in a group. A group can have people of several cultures. We expect each person to coordinate with Tour guide to make sure things are on track.
- 8. Though attractions are optional but you have to at least take 2 attractions.
Passengers will be picked up and dropped off at their chosen locations. (Please take notice of locations and times of pick up)
All tours are carried out in air conditioned bus. We may also use a minivan depending on the number of people booking the tour.
A professional tour escort will be with you throughout the tour.
Tour package price includes all the taxes.
Fares for air travel and transport from home to and from the location chosen for pick-up.
Expenditure for personal purposes.
Fee for Optional Activities and entrance. Pay in cash to the tour guide. He will arrange tickets.Some attractions might be closed on public holidays. Optional activities price may change or can be different as displayed on the website.
A minimum tip of $10 per passenger per day for Tour Guide and Driver is not included in the price of the tour package. Pay it in cash to Tour guide and bus driver. This service fees collected from passengers complement the incomes of the driver and the tour guide. Tour Guide Tip will be $10 per day per person from the start of 2018.
Though the meals are excluded,but the guides will arrange them for you.
Room fees of personal nature, such as, laundry fees, telephone, service fees of valets, expenses on alcoholic drinks and what you buy from the mini bar. However, specified fees may be included.
Important Notice: Passengers are discouraged from purchasing admission packages from sources outside and trying to use them for this tour provided at a discounted price. In case they want to do so, they must arrange transport the same day.
|Attractions||Adult||Child(3-11 yrs)||Senior (65+ yrs)|
|Amish Farm and House, PA||$20.00||$13.00||$20.00|
|Applebee Party Pass (Optional), NY||$375.00||$250.00||$375.00|
|Art Institute of Chicago, IL||$25.00||$0.00||$25.00|
|Chicago 360, IL||$28.00||$21.00||$28.00|
|Chicago Theater, IL||$15.00||$10.00||$15.00|
|Cornell University Campus Tour, NY||$15.00||$10.00||$15.00|
|Empire State Building, NY||$39.20||$34.00||$38.20|
|Hersheys Chocolate World, PA||$15.00||$11.00||$15.00|
|Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, NY||$25.00||$23.00||$25.00|
|Metropolitan Museum of Art, NY||$25.00||$0.00||$17.00|
|New York Sightseeing Countdown Cruise (including transfer service to the pier).||$411.00||$0.00||$411.00|
|Potomac River Cruise, DC||$26.00||$18.00||$23.00|
|Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, OH||$26.00||$16.00||$24.00|
|Statue of Liberty Cruise, NY||$29.00||$17.00||$24.00|
|The Henry Ford Museum, MI||$23.00||$17.25||$21.00|
|USS Intrepid, NY||$33.00||$24.00||$31.00|
- 1. All the prices are listed in USD.
- 2. Tour display price is based on double occupancy. It is the price each person will pay if a group of two is traveling.
- 3. Prices may change without any notice.
- 4. Prices include hotel accommodation, transportation and taxes.
- 5. Admission Tickets to different places and meals are NOT included in the tour price.
- 6. Mandatory Tip for tour guide and driver are NOT included.
- 7. Only the tour guide can purchase entrance tickets for you. Pre-purchased tickets are NOT acceptable.
- 8. A free (i.e. Buy 2 Get 1 Free) person, not showing up on a departure date will result in a penalty. The penalty is usually the fourth person price, but it varies. Free person has to pay for some admission tickets that is included in the tour package price of Paid Person.
- 9. There must be at least one passenger of 18 years for every booking made with GoldenBusTours. For Children between the age group of 2 to 14 years, a different price will be charged. Please refer to Child price on our pricing calendar. Child Age may vary between different bus operators. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel. If the 5th person is infant you will be charged normally then with the second room as an expense.
- 10. Activities are optional though, but each customer has to participate in 2 activities at least. No city pass allowed. Some attractions are mandatory. Each customer has to take part in them and have to pay for them in cash.
Free Airport Drop off service is available for O’Hare International Airport (ORD) for flights departing after 07:00 PM
- 1. Arrive at departure location 10 to 15 minutes before the mentioned time to make sure you catch the bus on time. If in case you are late, the bus will not wait for you at the location and ultimately you will miss the entire tour (no refund in this case).
- 2. Return time on the website is just an estimation. Expect some variation always. Time may change depending on traffic and weather situations
- 3. There is a possibility that tour operator may use a shuttle to drop you off at the return location. It usually happens in the case of multiple return locations.
- 4. You can leave the tour at any place only after signing a Tour Departure Form for leaving the tour early.
- 5. Please note that price will stay the same even if you leave the tour early.
- 6. If you have booked a pre-tour hotel stay, then you will have to arrange your own transport from hotel to departure location.
- 7. If you have booked extra night hotel after the tour, then you will arrange transport from drop off point to hotel.
- 8. On West Coast tours some bus operators have a lot of departure locations. A slow start is expected on these tours.
Reservation, Booking & Redemption
Terms & Conditions
Any travel service purchases indicate your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions set out herein.
You are advised to carefully read through and understand these Terms & Conditions before making your booking.
You will get an email immediately once you place an order. Tour Confirmation usually takes 2, 3 days except for urgent order. Urgent orders can be confirmed in a day or even few hours, but we can’t assure success in these cases. On fewer occasions, some of the others may require a longer period of time for confirmation. You are advised not to book airline tickets unless you have received the confirmation.
E-Ticket (Mandatory to be on bus)
Your e-ticket includes complete operator information such as local telephone numbers at your destination. You are required to print the e-tickets and bring them along with you on the trip. They will be needed as proof of purchase.
Changes in Booking
You may incur a fee for any revisions or alterations made to the reservation when the booking has already been confirmed. Cancellation fees may be applied to things such as name changes or corrections. They may also apply to tour date changes or tour itinerary changes. Please note that no departure changes are permitted 72 hours before departure.
Changes in Tour Itinerary
We are continuously striving to improve tour itineraries and features. In the event of unforeseen circumstances that are beyond the control, we do reserve the right to vary the itineraries and to substitute hotels. Duplicate departures may operate during certain peak periods, sometimes in reverse order. As such, hotels may vary from those included on the itinerary pages.
If you wish to reschedule your tour (change the departure date or choose a different tour) then a reschedule fees may be applied. A reschedule fees of $25 or 6% (which one is higher) will be applied. Please note that all reschedule requests should be made before 18 days of tour departure. Requests made after the mentioned duration shall not be entertained.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection.
1. One room can accommodate maximum 4 people. Even if you are 5 people including 1 month old baby you still need 2 rooms.
2. If you can carry your child up to 3 years of age then you do not need to book seats for him. It may vary from one tour to another.
3. Service providers hold the right to change the itinerary and hotel arrangements without any notice.
4. Child (0-9 years) and Single traveler going on the tour have special rates. These prices vary from one tour to another.
5. Meals and Attractions are not included. You can ask your tour guide to try to arrange the meal for you as per your requirements. For attractions, admission fees pay it to the tour guide on the tour.
6. Prices may change without any notice because of prices fluctuation in the market.
7. All prices mentioned on the website are in US dollars.
8. In Case of Bank Wire Transfer customer have to bear Wire transfer fee.
9. Tour package price is inclusive of taxes.
10. Tour Prices are every individual and in view of room inhabitance.
11. Final hotels booked may not be same as the one mentioned on the website.
Child rates are applicable for children between (0-12 years) of age. Parents are advised to bring car seats for the safety of their child.
Buy 2 Get 3rd discounted: Get 3rd Ticket on special discounted rates on the purchase of 2 tickets.
No matter the reason for the cancellation, we are forced to carry costly charges from out travel and hotel providers in the form of penalties and fees that re-incurred when there is a cancellation of confirmed or pending bookings. As such, there are cancellation penalties or fees incurred. Determination of the time of cancellation will be done when the notice is received and confirmed by our office. You must make any notice of cancellation directly to GoldenBusTours by email or webmail at the Contact Us section.
We reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule any tour departure with respect to operating requirement or circumstances beyond control. In case a cancellation is made at any given moment in time before departure, our only liability as GoldenBusTours will be to refund you, the passenger with the amount we received for the booking of the tour. We will try our best to re-book the same or similar tour. We are not responsible for any cancellation penalties that may have been incurred on any other travel arrangements inclusive of separate purchase of air tickets.
We are not liable for any other travel arrangements that have been affected as a result of the cancellations.
⇒ A 15% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 13 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 40% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3-12 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3 days before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs on departure day.
An add-on fee of 6% for handling fees is charged in addition to the above penalties.
There is no refund for unused features. You forfeit the entire payment when you are a no show.
In order for there not to be a cancellation, a minimum number of participants are required. We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled trip although every effort is made by us to ensure that normal operations are maintained.
Note: More 30 days after the completion of the tour, we cannot grant any refunds.
⇒ In the case of free passenger cancellation kindly update us 7 days before the departure.
⇒ In the case of late cancellation request or free passenger does not show up on tour day then $128 will be charged.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection. If you reschedule tour and later decides to cancel it then cancellation charges will be applicable to the original departure date and not to the rescheduled one.
3. Before booking any tour make sure to go through every detail like tour itinerary, tour price, cancellation policy, reschedule and refund policies.
4. You should either bring a printed copy of your E-Ticket or bring it in your smartphone on the day of tour departure. You should also bring a valid photo ID along with your E-Ticket. In the case of any issues for not carrying E-Ticket or Photo ID GoldenBusTour will not be responsible.
5. Make sure to provide a valid phone number so we can reach you in the case of any emergency.
6. Please read all important notes, inclusion, exclusion section, terms and conditions, policies and below notes.
6a. Tour Operator holds the right to cancel the tour at any time depending on poor weather condition or some other unforeseen circumstances. However, GoldenBusTour will update its customers about the cancellation and shall not be held accountable for charges other than tour fees.
6b. Change in tour price will not affect any confirmed booking.
6c. Tour Operator can change the order of itinerary at any time without any notice.
7. You will be responsible for your travel documents during the tour.
8. Reach Departure location about 20 to 30 minutes before departure time. Unfortunately, no one will wait for you in case you get in late. The bus mostly has Bus Operator name and logo on it. Even if you are five minutes late and miss the bus then GoldenBusTours or Tour Operator will not be responsible. There will be no refund in this case. You will be charged 100% tour fee.
We had a life changing experience of this tour service. Our practice was finely tuned by the excellence of our driver, Lego. He was an energetic man and was a pure fun factor of the trip. We selected this tour because of the sequence of the days by including New Year celebrations in it. Our guide was also incredible! We enjoyed almost all the places we went. I had an amazing experience of Pittsburgh, “the Street City", the Chicago Water Tower and well-known Hershey Chocolate World. A walk to Times Square and enjoying street performances before the countdown was a good experience. I also enjoyed places like botanic garden and dazzling waterfalls and valleys of Cornell Campus after New Year celebrations.
I enjoyed this tour a lot. Places were very nice and beautiful. Henry Ford Museum and New York City experience was memorable. I loved New Year countdown celebrations and beautiful destinations after that. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum as a crown attraction in all attractions. Big thanks to all who served in an incredible way. I loved services and destinations altogether
Association, appropriateness, and pleasantness of the bus drivers were top-notch! I liked more or less everything on the trip. The exception was the day at the beautiful campus of Cornell University and its botanic gardens. The accommodations were fundamental. All days had a firm schedule that was actually kept. Thank you for this really gorgeous and memorable trip! This was the most memorable trip of my life so far. I would like to especially thank our guide Lolly! Her always adorable nature, her broad information of places made this trip to an exclusive practice. I enjoyed 4D Chocolate Mystery Show and Chicago City Tour along with countdown celebrations. 4 stars only for the reason that there are always rooms for improvement.
A regular sequence of exploring new places and their beauty along with a New Year countdown to a New Year celebration and onward travel was just an amazing example of good management. I enjoyed Chicago City Tour where I had the fun of parks, boutique stores and shopping malls. The world-famous Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in New York was a beauty. The New York countdown and its celebrations were also the memorable memories of this trip. The most amazing part of the New Year countdown celebration was Applebee Party. I loved this party, music and its amusements. Had the most astonishing time with this bus service. Bus was very relaxed and had a very pleasant and enjoyable impression. I must say that my driver lee was a very skilled driver. He was also having loads of information of the places visited. He answered all my questions. I would highly recommend traveling with this bus services.
I enjoyed all places and every single celebration. This trip was accommodated by destinations and New Year celebrations. I found that services were really on time and well managed. The best moment was to visit cities like Chicago and New York. Highly recommended!
I decided to enjoy this trip with my father. He was having a knee problem at that time. Our bus driver was such a gentleman that he helped out and drove us a place where my father felt difficulty in crossing (my father already share their experience with bus service to their friends. We also loved New York Sightseeing Countdown Dinner Cruise of New Year countdown. We had a variety of food. I loved the brilliant firework display in the sky. We both had fun.
I was planning for this trip along with my family and finally picked this trip. It was a wise selection for me. My sister and I were a bit concerned about our parents as they've never experienced this type of assemblage and a long trip of many days. Conversely, they truly enjoyed the entire trip. Copartners on the bus were very nice and like-minded. We had a great time with all the people. Our tour guide, Mozzy was astonishing. My mother gets car sick, but with his remarkable driving talent, she was very fine. Places were too good and quite enjoyable. My brother enjoyed the capital of automobiles, Detroit. I personally enjoyed New Year countdown celebrations the most. I had fun, but only one suggestion of improving accommodation services. The rest was very fine. Thanks
- 1. All reviews will be manually approved.
- 2. No Sign up required to post a review.
- 3. In case of any issue, please Email us your review with your username. We will post it on your behalf.