Milwaukee – Wausau
If you know about the famed Harley-Davidson motorbikes, you will be very pleased to know that our first stop of the trip would be Wisconsin, Milwaukee, which is the birthplace of the Harley-Davidson motorcycles. We would begin by visiting the amazing Harley-Davidson Museum and have a look at American motorbikes history that you've never seen. Once we are done at the museum, we shall head to the ginseng ranch in Wausau, Wisconsin. Wisconsin is one of the very few places on the planet that deliver the finest ginseng.
Hotel: La Quinta Inn or Similar.
Lake Superior (Pictured Rocks) – Sault Ste. Marie
You are in for an amazing treat as this day will begin by giving you an amazing scenic view of Lake Superior, the biggest freshwater lake on the planet. We shall reach the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, a staggering U.S national lakeshore on the shore of Lake Superior in the Upper Landmass of Michigan. With amazing rock topography, distinct blue waters and a beautiful skyline, this place is not only going to take your breath away, but it will also give you a chance to make amazing photographs. Next up we will go to the Sault Ste. Marie, towards the late evening. This is a city situated on the northeastern end of Michigan State on the Canadian outskirt. Here you will see amazing man-made Locks, the Soo Locks, which allow ships to pass between Lake Superior and the Great Lakes which are lower in height. These locks allow the control of the height of the water body, which facilitates the movement of ships. Later we shall have supper and then head to our respective hotel.
Hotel: Soo Locks Lodge or Similar.
Sault Ste. Marie – Mackinac Island (Lake Michigan, Lake Huron) – Frankenmuth
We shall leave Sault Ste. Marie in the morning and head straight for Mackinac City. Along the way, we shall drive along the famous five-mile-long suspension bridge, the Mackinac Bridge, which connects the upper and the lower half of Michigan States. Passing along this bridge shall give you amazing views of the Straits of Mackinac. We shall have to take a beautiful speedboat, both ways, to get to Mackinac Island. This island has been preserved to give an urban outlook of the 19th century. You will be enthralled to take in these perspectives, and since cars are not allowed on the island, you will travel in the traditional horse carriage. Although it will incur nominal extra charges per person, you can use the carriage to view the fantastic attractions of the island, including the amazing parks or the exhibition halls. Perhaps the best attraction of this island is the Grand Hotel, as old as 1887, which has the longest patio on the planet. Up next we shall go to Frankenmuth, which is a German-American settled town in Central America. To live the German tradition once we are here, you will get to enjoy an amazing German barbeque coupled with authentic German beers, which will leave you fulfilled.
Hotel: Comfort Inn Flint or Similar.
Detroit – Chicago
We shall begin the last day of the trip with a bang and will head to Detroit in the morning. Our first stop here will be at the General Motors Company's head office here. We will then head to visit the renowned Henry Ford Museum. The exhibits here on display depict the historical backdrop of Ford as well as the Industrial Revolution and many other historic automobiles of influential people, over the ages. Once we are done here, we shall return back to Chicago in the late evening. You will have the additional option to get dropped off at 207 W Cermak Rd. Chicago, IL 60616, or, O’Hare International.
Note: Book your flights after 7:00 pm.
- 1. The order of itinerary may change without any notice depending on weather situations or for some other unforeseen circumstances.
- 2. The order of activities held during the tour is planned by the tour guide. So, it may be different from what is mentioned on the tour page. On fewer occasions, Tour Guide has to skip an attraction or few during the tour depending on weather, traffic, group interest or some other reason.
- 3. Some attractions are seasonal. So, when they are closed they will be replaced with some other attraction.
- 4. You can skip some optional activities during the tour and plan something on your own. Make sure that you coordinate with Tour guide and stay with the group with next activity. Please note you cannot stay on the bus if you skip some optional activity.
- 5. Probable hotel names are mentioned in the itinerary. It can be similar or a different hotel of the similar rating. Exact Hotel details can only be provided one day before the departure.
- 6. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel.
- 7. These tours are conducted in a group. A group can have people of several cultures. We expect each person to coordinate with Tour guide to make sure things are on track.
- 8. Though attractions are optional but you have to at least take 2 attractions.
Most of the tours are carried out in air conditioned bus. A minivan can also be used depending on the number of people booking the tour.
Hotel Accommodation is included in tour.
This is a guided tour.
All Taxes are included.
Rates could alter without prior notice.
Optional fees will be paid in cash to the guide. Optional activities price may change or can be different as displayed on the website.
Guide will arrange meals and drinks when requested as they are not included in the package.
Daily Service charges for driver and the guide is $10 minimum per person.
Such expenses as telephone services, alcoholic drinks, beverages and laundry services which are private room services.
Services related to travel insurance.
Other personal expenses.
Important: We never encourage customers to purchase admission packages from outside sources and try using them in this tour with discount. If they do, they must arrange transport on the same day.
|Attractions||Adult||Child(3-11 yrs)||Senior (65+ yrs)|
|Amber Twin waterfalls, IL||$18.00||$12.00||$18.00|
|German Style Dinner, MI||$32.00||$21.00||$32.00|
|Harley Davidson Museum, IL||$20.00||$10.00||$14.00|
|Mackinac Island, MI||$53.00||$24.00||$53.00|
|Soo Lock Elevating Cruise, MI||$29.00||$12.00||$29.00|
|The Henry Ford Museum, MI||$22.00||$16.50||$20.00|
- 1. All the prices are listed in USD.
- 2. Tour display price is based on double occupancy. It is the price each person will pay if a group of two is traveling.
- 3. Prices may change without any notice.
- 4. Prices include hotel accommodation, transportation and taxes.
- 5. Admission Tickets to different places and meals are NOT included in the tour price.
- 6. Mandatory Tip for tour guide and driver are NOT included.
- 7. Only the tour guide can purchase entrance tickets for you. Pre-purchased tickets are NOT acceptable.
- 8. A free (i.e. Buy 2 Get 1 Free) person, not showing up on a departure date will result in a penalty. The penalty is usually the fourth person price, but it varies. Free person has to pay for some admission tickets that is included in the tour package price of Paid Person.
- 9. There must be at least one passenger of 18 years for every booking made with GoldenBusTours. For Children between the age group of 2 to 14 years, a different price will be charged. Please refer to Child price on our pricing calendar. Child Age may vary between different bus operators. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel. If the 5th person is infant you will be charged normally then with the second room as an expense.
- 10. Activities are optional though, but each customer has to participate in 2 activities at least. No city pass allowed. Some attractions are mandatory. Each customer has to take part in them and have to pay for them in cash.
207 W Cermak Rd. Chicago, IL 60616 at 8:00 AM
207 W Cermak Rd. Chicago, IL 60616 at 7:00 PM
Free Airport Drop off service is available for O’Hare International Airport (ORD) for flights departing after 07:00 PM
- 1. Arrive at departure location 10 to 15 minutes before the mentioned time to make sure you catch the bus on time. If in case you are late, the bus will not wait for you at the location and ultimately you will miss the entire tour (no refund in this case).
- 2. Return time on the website is just an estimation. Expect some variation always. Time may change depending on traffic and weather situations
- 3. There is a possibility that tour operator may use a shuttle to drop you off at the return location. It usually happens in the case of multiple return locations.
- 4. You can leave the tour at any place only after signing a Tour Departure Form for leaving the tour early.
- 5. Please note that price will stay the same even if you leave the tour early.
- 6. If you have booked a pre-tour hotel stay, then you will have to arrange your own transport from hotel to departure location.
- 7. If you have booked extra night hotel after the tour, then you will arrange transport from drop off point to hotel.
- 8. On West Coast tours some bus operators have a lot of departure locations. A slow start is expected on these tours.
Reservation, Booking & Redemption
Terms & Conditions
Any travel service purchases indicate your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions set out herein.
You are advised to carefully read through and understand these Terms & Conditions before making your booking.
You will get an email immediately once you place an order. Tour Confirmation usually takes 2, 3 days except for urgent order. Urgent orders can be confirmed in a day or even few hours, but we can’t assure success in these cases. On fewer occasions, some of the others may require a longer period of time for confirmation. You are advised not to book airline tickets unless you have received the confirmation.
E-Ticket (Mandatory to be on bus)
Your e-ticket includes complete operator information such as local telephone numbers at your destination. You are required to print the e-tickets and bring them along with you on the trip. They will be needed as proof of purchase.
Changes in Booking
You may incur a fee for any revisions or alterations made to the reservation when the booking has already been confirmed. Cancellation fees may be applied to things such as name changes or corrections. They may also apply to tour date changes or tour itinerary changes. Please note that no departure changes are permitted 72 hours before departure.
Changes in Tour Itinerary
We are continuously striving to improve tour itineraries and features. In the event of unforeseen circumstances that are beyond the control, we do reserve the right to vary the itineraries and to substitute hotels. Duplicate departures may operate during certain peak periods, sometimes in reverse order. As such, hotels may vary from those included on the itinerary pages.
If you wish to reschedule your tour (change the departure date or choose a different tour) then a reschedule fees may be applied. A reschedule fees of $25 or 6% (which one is higher) will be applied. Please note that all reschedule requests should be made before 18 days of tour departure. Requests made after the mentioned duration shall not be entertained.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection.
1. One room can accommodate maximum 4 people. Even if you are 5 people including 1 month old baby you still need 2 rooms.
2. If you can carry your child up to 3 years of age then you do not need to book seats for him. It may vary from one tour to another.
3. Service providers hold the right to change the itinerary and hotel arrangements without any notice.
4. Child (0-9 years) and Single traveler going on the tour have special rates. These prices vary from one tour to another.
5. Meals and Attractions are not included. You can ask your tour guide to try to arrange the meal for you as per your requirements. For attractions, admission fees pay it to the tour guide on the tour.
6. Prices may change without any notice because of prices fluctuation in the market.
7. All prices mentioned on the website are in US dollars.
8. In Case of Bank Wire Transfer customer have to bear Wire transfer fee.
9. Tour package price is inclusive of taxes.
10. Tour Prices are every individual and in view of room inhabitance.
Child rates are applicable for children between (0-12 years) of age. Parents are advised to bring car seats for the safety of their child.
Buy 2 Get 3rd discounted: Get 3rd Ticket on special discounted rates on the purchase of 2 tickets.
No matter the reason for the cancellation, we are forced to carry costly charges from out travel and hotel providers in the form of penalties and fees that re-incurred when there is a cancellation of confirmed or pending bookings. As such, there are cancellation penalties or fees incurred. Determination of the time of cancellation will be done when the notice is received and confirmed by our office. You must make any notice of cancellation directly to GoldenBusTours by email or webmail at the Contact Us section.
We reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule any tour departure with respect to operating requirement or circumstances beyond control. In case a cancellation is made at any given moment in time before departure, our only liability as GoldenBusTours will be to refund you, the passenger with the amount we received for the booking of the tour. We will try our best to re-book the same or similar tour. We are not responsible for any cancellation penalties that may have been incurred on any other travel arrangements inclusive of separate purchase of air tickets.
We are not liable for any other travel arrangements that have been affected as a result of the cancellations.
⇒ A 60% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3-10 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3 days before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs on departure day.
There is no refund for unused features. You forfeit the entire payment when you are a no show.
In order for there not to be a cancellation, a minimum number of participants are required. We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled trip although every effort is made by us to ensure that normal operations are maintained.
An add-on fee of 6% for handling fees is charged in addition to the above penalties.
Note: More 30 days after the completion of the tour, we cannot grant any refunds.
⇒ In the case of free passenger cancellation kindly update us 7 days before the departure.
⇒ In the case of late cancellation request or free passenger does not show up on tour day then $128 will be charged.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection.
3. Before booking any tour make sure to go through every detail like tour itinerary, tour price, cancellation policy, reschedule and refund policies.
4. You should either bring a printed copy of your E-Ticket or bring it in your smartphone on the day of tour departure. You should also bring a valid photo ID along with your E-Ticket. In the case of any issues for not carrying E-Ticket or Photo ID GoldenBusTour will not be responsible.
5. Make sure to provide a valid phone number so we can reach you in the case of any emergency.
6. Please read all important notes, inclusion, exclusion section, terms and conditions, policies and below notes.
6a. Tour Operator holds the right to cancel the tour at any time depending on poor weather condition or some other unforeseen circumstances. However, GoldenBusTour will update its customers about the cancellation and shall not be held accountable for charges other than tour fees.
6b. Change in tour price will not affect any confirmed booking.
6c. Tour Operator can change the order of itinerary at any time without any notice.
7. You will be responsible for your travel documents during the tour.
8. Reach Departure location about 20 to 30 minutes before departure time. Unfortunately, no one will wait for you in case you get in late. The bus mostly has Bus Operator name and logo on it. Even if you are five minutes late and miss the bus then GoldenBusTours or Tour Operator will not be responsible. There will be no refund in this case. You will be charged 100% tour fee.
my words would not be sufficient to describe how much enjoyment we had on this exciting journey. Harley Davidson Motorcycle Museum holds the bikes ranging from the historic models to the latest ones. The other best museum on this trip was the Ford museum. Spots like the Rocks National Lakeshore, Lake Superior, and Mackinac Island just made the tour so perfect for us. But we spent abundant time while taking a bus ride which wasn’t just the perfect part of the entire experience on board.
the very first day on the trip turned out to be the best day of the entire trip we went to Milwaukee where we browsed the captivating museum of Harley Davidson and there was pretty much new stuff to find out. Lake Superior, Mackinac Island, and Henry Ford Museum in Detroit all were quite stunning and worth visiting. Lodgings at the Soo Locks Lodge, La Quinta Inn, and Comfort Inn were luxurious. This is one of the best tour packages ever!
- 1. All reviews will be manually approved.
- 2. No Sign up required to post a review.
- 3. In case of any issue, please Email us your review with your username. We will post it on your behalf.