3-Day Washington DC to Watkins Glen State Park, Niagara Falls and Hershey Tour
Tour Code: GOL-WDC-153
Duration: 3 Day(s) / 2 Night(s)
Tour Guide: Chinese, English
- 7 Days left
Experience: UNESCO, Family
Extra (Excluded): Wifi, Meal etc...
Tour Guide:Chinese, English
Mon, Fri(2019-05-13 To 2019-11-01) | Mon, Fri(2020-05-13 To 2020-11-01)
Explore Watkins Glen State Park, Cavern Cascade, Erie Canal, Niagara Falls, Maid of the Mist, Whirlpool State Park, Old Fort Niagara, and Hershey Chocolate World on this exciting 3-day bus tour starting from Maryland, Washington DC, and Virginia with hotel accommodations and buy 2 get 1 free ticket offer.
We will pick up guests from Rockville, NW Washington DC, Falls Church and head to Watkins Glen State Park located in Finger Lake region, New York *(summer schedule: early May to October). Watkins Glen Park is one of the country's most scenic natural parks home to several breathtaking waterfalls, trails, mountains, valleys, and other natural attractions. The Gorge trail features a stunning waterfall and marks its way through the sprays of renowned Cavern Cascade. Guests won't miss photographing the charms of Watkins Glen State Park (Tour fee: 10$ per head, including bus parking). *In the case of a bad weather situation or when the Watkins Park is not operational, guests will enjoy at Corning Museum of Glass.
Hotel: Comfort Inn, Days Inn, Holiday Inn Batavia or Similar.
A glass-made museum located in the NYC is known as Corning Museum of Glass. The science, history and art of the glass can be seen at this place.
Corning is a city that is located in Steuben County in New York, it is situated on the Chemung River. The population of the city is around 11,000 and the city is named after Erastus Corning.
The group of eleven roughly north-south, narrow and long lakes in Central NYC is known as Finger Lakes. These lakes are suggested to be visited in the summer season to enjoy water rides.
The Village located outside the Watkins Glen is known as Watkins Glen State Park. It is located in the region of Finger Lakes. The park remains open for public throughout the year.
In the morning, the group will take a scenic ride along the mountains and Erie Canal while leaving Upstate New York. We will then arrive at the majestic Niagara Falls, the thundering roars of American Fall, Horseshoe Fall and Bridal Veil Fall with the breathtaking elegance will delight the visitors. We won't miss boarding on Maid of the Mist boat cruise on Niagara River taking visitors closer to the falls of Niagara (Closed in winters). The Niagara IMAX movie will tell everything about the history and culture of this wonder (optional). We have Cave of the winds on our list. Later, guests will choose either to spend their time exploring the Niagara Falls park on their own or take our exclusive journey to Whirlpool State Park and Old Fort Niagara (Tour fee: $25 per head, including $13 entrance charges). Also, we will enjoy the Niagara illumination at the night time. Overnight stay in the hotel and You can have an opportunity to walk to the Canadian side for admiring fireworks on the falls at your own. (No tour leader to guide).
|Month||Available Days||Special Dates||Timing|
|Oct||Fri,Sat,Sun (2019-10-04 To 2019-10-13)||2019-10-14||10:00 PM|
|Nov||2019-11-16 | 2019-11-22 | 2019-11-29||09:00 PM|
|Dec||Daily (2019-12-20 To 2019-12-31)||2019-12-03 | 2019-12-16||09:00 PM|
Hotel: The Niagara Inn or Similar.
The American Falls is part of the three waterfalls that make up the Niagara Falls. It lets visitors enjoy an exhilarating experience of its beautiful surroundings and fascinating history.
Falling from a height of 181 feet, the rushing waters of the beautiful Bridal falls, located between Goat Island and Luna Island, drench you with their beauty and spray.
Discovered in 1834, The Cave of Winds is a natural cave located at the Niagara Falls, behind the Bridal Veil Falls. It is a popular tourist attraction due to the tropical storm like conditions and the beautiful sight at the site.
The place is sometimes also referred to as Canadian falls. Potentially the Horseshoe Falls are the part and parcel of the famous NiagaraFalls and is located on the Niagara River. It is known as the Canadian Falls due to its location in Canada.
Niagara Falls is a very famous spot for tourists, one thing to do there is to go on a Jet Boat Ride. This is a very exciting thing to do in Niagara Fall as it is a really different experience.
Maid of the Mist Boat is a famous water ride that runs in Niagara Falls. The boat tour provide beautiful scenic views to the visitors.
Niagara Adventure Movie Theater is built in the Niagara Falls State Park which is located in the City of Niagara Falls. It was built in 1885 and is a really famous tourists attraction,
The City of Niagara Falls is famous for its name and the beauty it contains, it is also the place for the famous Niagara Falls water fall, hence the name. it is visited by many people each year.
Niagara Falls is already a very beautiful place, it is famous for tourists who visit it in large numbers each year. It such an interesting place that people can even get an In-Depth tour so that they can understand the place better.
For over 75 years, visitors from across the globe come to Niagara Falls, They have been able to witness the impressive nighttime illumination of the American and Horseshoe falls. Every season visitors get to experience the autumn in a new way. Complete night-view of Niagara Falls on some summer evenings might be limited or not available because of the late sunset time and the US Federal Government rules on the driving hours.
Niagara River connects Lake Erie with Lake Ontario, flowing with the speed of 212,000 cubic feet per second. It provides scenic beauty to thousands of tourists every year. It is an important source of drainage for Lakes Superior, Huron, Michigan, and Erie, and almost 20% of the world’s available freshwater.
Situated close to Youngstown in New York, US, Old Fort Niagara is a reinforcement constructed to safeguard the interests of New France in America. The Niagara fall and the museum have made the place even more attractive.
On the north of the city of Niagara Falls, there is a park located in Niagara County known as Whirlpool State Park. From the hiking to the picnic tables and pavilions, everything can be enjoyed at this park.
Arrive at the Hershey Chocolate World; take a small train ride highlighting the attractions and chocolate manufacturing processes of this world’s most famous chocolate brand. Guests may taste one of the favorite freshly prepared delights among many choices. Later, we will return to the drop-off locations to conclude the tour.
It is the best site for any sweet tooth that loves to eat chocolate and dreams about making their own chocolate bar that can be filled with whatever nuts one want. It resides in Pennsylvania.
Hershey Park is a theme park that is located in Derry Township, Pennsylvania. It was founded in 1906 and is the perfect place to spend time with your family. It is spread on an area of 121 acres and has a total of 74 rides.
Hershey’s Chocolate World is located in the chocolate town of Pennsylvania. It is actually the name given to eight different visitor centers which got started in Hershey.
Hershey is a well-known brand in confectionary industry; the company is located in the township of Derry which is in Pennsylvania United States Of America. The company was found by Milton.S.Hershey.
- The order of itinerary may change without any notice depending on weather situations or for some other unforeseen circumstances.
- The order of activities held during the tour is planned by the tour guide. So, it may be different from what is mentioned on the tour page. On fewer occasions, Tour Guide has to skip an attraction or few during the tour depending on weather, traffic, group interest or some other reason.
- Some attractions are seasonal. So, when they are closed they will be replaced with some other attraction.
- You can skip some optional activities during the tour and plan something on your own. Make sure that you coordinate with Tour guide and stay with the group with next activity. Please note you cannot stay on the bus if you skip some optional activity.
- Probable hotel names are mentioned in the itinerary. It can be similar or a different hotel of the similar rating. Exact Hotel details can only be provided one day before the departure.
- Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel.
- These tours are conducted in a group. A group can have people of several cultures. We expect each person to coordinate with Tour guide to make sure things are on track.
- Though attractions are optional but you have to at least take 2 attractions.
Most of the tours are carried out in air conditioned bus. A minivan can also be used depending on the number of people booking the tour.
Tour is inclusive of hotel accommodation.
Inclusive of all taxes.
Tour is accompanied by the tour guide.
Attraction Admission Info: The Senior person's age of Corning Museum of Glass has been updated to 62+years old.
Fares for air travel and transport from home to and from the location chosen for pick-up.
Expenditure for personal purposes.
Fee for Optional Activities and entrance. Pay in cash to the tour guide. He will arrange tickets.Some attractions might be closed on public holidays. Optional activities price may change or can be different as displayed on the website.
A minimum tip of $10 per passenger per day for Tour Guide and Driver is not included in the price of the tour package. Pay it in cash to Tour guide and bus driver. This service fees collected from passengers complement the incomes of the driver and the tour guide.
Though the meals are excluded, but the guides will arrange them for you.
Room fees of personal nature, such as, laundry fees, telephone, service fees of valets, expenses on alcoholic drinks and what you buy from the mini bar. However, specified fees may be included.
Important Notice: Passengers are discouraged from purchasing admission packages from sources outside and trying to use them for this tour provided at a discounted price. In case they want to do so, they must arrange transport the same day.
|Attractions||Adult||Child(3-11 yrs)||Senior (65+ yrs)|
|Cave of the Winds, NY||$19.00||$16.00||$19.00|
|Corning Museum of Glass, NY||$20.00||$0.00||$17.00|
|Create your Own Chocolate Experience, PA||$21.95||$21.95||$21.95|
|Hersheys Chocolate World, PA||$15.00||$11.00||$15.00|
|Maid of the Mist Boat Ride, Niagara Falls, NY||$19.25||$11.20||$19.25|
|Niagara Adventure Movie, NY||$12.00||$9.00||$12.00|
|Niagara Falls In-Depth Tour, NY||$25.00||$15.00||$22.00|
|Watkins Glen State Park, NY||$10.00||$8.00||$10.00|
- All the prices are listed in USD.
- Tour display price is based on double occupancy. It is the price each person will pay if a group of two is traveling.
- Prices may change without any notice.
- Prices include hotel accommodation, transportation and taxes.
- Admission Tickets to different places and meals are NOT included in the tour price.
- Mandatory Tip for tour guide and driver are NOT included.
- Only the tour guide can purchase entrance tickets for you. Pre-purchased tickets are NOT acceptable.
- A free (i.e. Buy 2 Get 1 Free) person, not showing up on a departure date will result in a penalty. The penalty is usually the fourth person price, but it varies. Free person has to pay for some admission tickets that is included in the tour package price of Paid Person.
- There must be at least one passenger of 18 years for every booking made with GoldenBusTours. For Children between the age group of 2 to 14 years, a different price will be charged. Please refer to Child price on our pricing calendar. Child Age may vary between different bus operators. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel. If the 5th person is infant you will be charged normally then with the second room as an expense.
- Activities are optional though, but each customer has to participate in 2 activities at least. No city pass allowed. Some attractions are mandatory. Each customer has to take part in them and have to pay for them in cash.
- Arrive at departure location 10 to 15 minutes before the mentioned time to make sure you catch the bus on time. If in case you are late, the bus will not wait for you at the location and ultimately you will miss the entire tour (no refund in this case).
- Return time on the website is just an estimation. Expect some variation always. Time may change depending on traffic and weather situations
- There is a possibility that tour operator may use a shuttle to drop you off at the return location. It usually happens in the case of multiple return locations.
- You can leave the tour at any place only after signing a Tour Departure Form for leaving the tour early.
- Please note that price will stay the same even if you leave the tour early.
- If you have booked a pre-tour hotel stay, then you will have to arrange your own transport from hotel to departure location.
- If you have booked extra night hotel after the tour, then you will arrange transport from drop off point to hotel.
- On West Coast tours some bus operators have a lot of departure locations. A slow start is expected on these tours.
Reservation, Booking & Redemption
Terms & Conditions
Any travel service purchases indicate your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions set out herein.
You are advised to carefully read through and understand these Terms & Conditions before making your booking.
You will get an email immediately once you place an order. Tour Confirmation usually takes 2, 3 days except for urgent order. Urgent orders can be confirmed in a day or even few hours, but we can’t assure success in these cases. On fewer occasions, some of the others may require a longer period of time for confirmation. You are advised not to book airline tickets unless you have received the confirmation.
E-Ticket (Mandatory to be on bus)
Your e-ticket includes complete operator information such as local telephone numbers at your destination. You are required to print the e-tickets and bring them along with you on the trip. They will be needed as proof of purchase.
Changes in Booking
You may incur a fee for any revisions or alterations made to the reservation when the booking has already been confirmed. Cancellation fees may be applied to things such as name changes or corrections. They may also apply to tour date changes or tour itinerary changes. Please note that no departure changes are permitted 72 hours before departure.
Changes in Tour Itinerary
We are continuously striving to improve tour itineraries and features. In the event of unforeseen circumstances that are beyond the control, we do reserve the right to vary the itineraries and to substitute hotels. Duplicate departures may operate during certain peak periods, sometimes in reverse order. As such, hotels may vary from those included on the itinerary pages.
If you wish to reschedule your tour (change the departure date or choose a different tour) then a reschedule fees may be applied. A reschedule fees of $25 or 6% (which one is higher) will be applied. Please note that all reschedule requests should be made before 18 days of tour departure. Requests made after the mentioned duration shall not be entertained.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection.
1. One room can accommodate maximum 4 people. Even if you are 5 people including 1 month old baby you still need 2 rooms.
2. If you can carry your child up to 3 years of age then you do not need to book seats for him. It may vary from one tour to another.
3. Service providers hold the right to change the itinerary and hotel arrangements without any notice.
4. Child (0-9 years) and Single traveler going on the tour have special rates. These prices vary from one tour to another.
5. Meals and Attractions are not included. You can ask your tour guide to try to arrange the meal for you as per your requirements. For attractions, admission fees pay it to the tour guide on the tour.
6. Prices may change without any notice because of prices fluctuation in the market.
7. All prices mentioned on the website are in US dollars.
8. In Case of Bank Wire Transfer customer have to bear Wire transfer fee.
9. Tour package price is inclusive of taxes.
10. Tour Prices are every individual and in view of room inhabitance.
11. Final hotels booked may not be same as the one mentioned on the website.
Child rates are applicable for children between (0-12 years) of age. Parents are advised to bring car seats for the safety of their child.
Buy 2 Get 3rd discounted: Get 3rd Ticket on special discounted rates on the purchase of 2 tickets.
No matter the reason for the cancellation, we are forced to carry costly charges from out travel and hotel providers in the form of penalties and fees that re-incurred when there is a cancellation of confirmed or pending bookings. As such, there are cancellation penalties or fees incurred. Determination of the time of cancellation will be done when the notice is received and confirmed by our office. You must make any notice of cancellation directly to GoldenBusTours by email or webmail at the Contact Us section.
We reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule any tour departure with respect to operating requirement or circumstances beyond control. In case a cancellation is made at any given moment in time before departure, our only liability as GoldenBusTours will be to refund you, the passenger with the amount we received for the booking of the tour. We will try our best to re-book the same or similar tour. We are not responsible for any cancellation penalties that may have been incurred on any other travel arrangements inclusive of separate purchase of air tickets.
We are not liable for any other travel arrangements that have been affected as a result of the cancellations.
⇒ A 15% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 13 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 40% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3-12 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3 days before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs on departure day.
An add-on fee of 6% for handling fees is charged in addition to the above penalties.
There is no refund for unused features. You forfeit the entire payment when you are a no show.
In order for there not to be a cancellation, a minimum number of participants are required. We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled trip although every effort is made by us to ensure that normal operations are maintained.
Note: More 30 days after the completion of the tour, we cannot grant any refunds.
⇒ In the case of free passenger cancellation kindly update us 7 days before the departure.
⇒ In the case of late cancellation request or free passenger does not show up on tour day then $128 will be charged.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection. If you reschedule tour and later decides to cancel it then cancellation charges will be applicable to the original departure date and not to the rescheduled one.
3. Before booking any tour make sure to go through every detail like tour itinerary, tour price, cancellation policy, reschedule and refund policies.
4. You should either bring a printed copy of your E-Ticket or bring it in your smartphone on the day of tour departure. You should also bring a valid photo ID along with your E-Ticket. In the case of any issues for not carrying E-Ticket or Photo ID GoldenBusTour will not be responsible.
5. Make sure to provide a valid phone number so we can reach you in the case of any emergency.
6. Please read all important notes, inclusion, exclusion section, terms and conditions, policies and below notes.
6a. Tour Operator holds the right to cancel the tour at any time depending on poor weather condition or some other unforeseen circumstances. However, GoldenBusTour will update its customers about the cancellation and shall not be held accountable for charges other than tour fees.
6b. Change in tour price will not affect any confirmed booking.
6c. Tour Operator can change the order of itinerary at any time without any notice.
7. You will be responsible for your travel documents during the tour.
8. Reach Departure location about 20 to 30 minutes before departure time. Unfortunately, no one will wait for you in case you get in late. The bus mostly has Bus Operator name and logo on it. Even if you are five minutes late and miss the bus then GoldenBusTours or Tour Operator will not be responsible. There will be no refund in this case. You will be charged 100% tour fee.
One thing I realized that Niagara Falls in not just about the stunning falls; since there are many wonderful things to do like the boarding the Mist cruise, jetboating, visit the Whirlpools, Niagara Fort, and many others. It was a perfect tour with luxurious hotels and service. Great Days!
it was truly an amazing experience throughout three days on the bus journey. It was wonderful to go see the Niagara Falls, and that Watkins Park was a just like a paradise – didn’t know that park was full of wonderful natural sites that are hard to find anywhere else in the country. Wonderful!
Maid of the Mist cruising is one of the best things while being in Niagara Falls. The boat just cruised alongside the falls while we get drenched and enjoyed the views of this wonder. We had all the time in the world to browse the Hershey Chocolate World, which certainly brought a delightful start of the day. Thanks for this great journey!!
our team comprised of few nice people including our travel guide who was with us the whole time when we needed him for the information and guidance. The way we explored Watkins Glen State Park, Niagara Falls, Whirlpool State Park, Hershey Park is appreciable due to luxurious service provided by the team. I’m nothing but thankful.
there was a diverse community of passengers joining the tour, though all were nice as well as the driver and the guiding agent, the environment was decent and professional. Great destinations and hotels with so much to enjoy for. I could have had asked for more. Brilliantly organized.
the tour had everything for everybody, as though the Hershey Chocolate World tour was exactly the kind of thing my kids were looking for, as well the hotels, buses, and tour agent was spectacular. Could have been a nice if we spent another day with the same sort of amazing attractions.
Although we had our lodgings quite nicely set on the bus trip, there was insufficient time at the Watkins State Park as it covers hundreds of acres of land, we needed a more time to do our exploration. Then, we spend our entire day at the Niagara Falls, which sure was remarkable.
This tour starts at Falls Church landing by the air conditioned bus. This past Sunday the fiance and I headed out to this 3 days Niagara Falls and DC Tour. All of the businesses on this tour are out of this world-- but I can\'t tell you what it is so I don\'t ruin it for you. Simply put: GO ON THE TOUR!
The pace is healthy, but not strenuous. This is a great experience for both locals and visitors to share in the spirit and charm that Niagara Falls are so enthused about, and outsiders rarely get to experience. We are definitely going to join all of Goldenbustours\'s tours.
Busy, creative and productive, full of surprises... What a treat! The variety is thrilling. You could never begin to replicate a 3-days insider experience like this without meticulous researcher and planner, personable and knowledgeable insider as your guide.
I did this amazing 3-Day Washington DC to Watkins Glen State Park, Niagara Falls and Hershey Tour alone last week and meet new friends as well. I highly recommend you taking this tour and let GoldenBusTours fill you in with the beauty and history of Niagara Falls!
I am really thankful to one friend of mine who recommended Golden Bus Tours to me. It is really an amazing company, their services are wonderful and their customer service team are very helpful and patient. Also the organization of the tour was really great. we moved exactly on time according to the schedule that was given to us by the tour guide, who was a really nice and helpful guy. Great job Golden Bus Tours.
In my opinion this was one of the best travel agencies i have dealt with, The tour was really very well organized, there was no delay, and we moved exactly on time. Our bus was really comfortable, and though there was no bathroom we stopped every while for break, also our driver was very skilled, he really made us feel safe on the bus, which was extremely important to us since we had a small children with us
The best tour i had in many years. Great service and hospitality, tour guide is an amazing person, really helpful and friendly, yet very professional at the same time. both accommodation and transportation are really luxurious. We saw a lot of nice places for the first time like Watkins Glen State Park, Cavern Cascade, Erie Canal, Niagara Falls, Maid of the Mist, Whirlpool State Park, Old Fort Niagara, and Hershey Chocolate World. We also really loved the buy 2 get 1 free offer.
Yi Ze Chung
Best tour ever! We really loved it so much. That tour was really almost everything i had hoped for, the only thing that i did not like is that admissions were not included, but to be honest it was really worth it, we really loved our tour guide as he was really nice and helpful. the hotels were very clean and cozy. We also enjoyed Watkins Glen State Park, Cavern Cascade, Erie Canal, Niagara Falls, Maid of the Mist, Whirlpool State Park, Old Fort Niagara, and Hershey Chocolate World
Susan D. Beeson
The tour was really very well organized, we moved exactly on time, there was no delay and even during the tour we were right on schedule, it was a great effort from the tour guide who was a great guy by the way. The accommodation was really comfortable, really clean and cozy hotels and we saw some amazing places. It was really a great tour and great experience. We really loved Watkins Glen State Park, Cavern Cascade, Erie Canal, Niagara Falls, Maid of the Mist, Whirlpool State Park, Old Fort Niagara, and Hershey Chocolate World
I loved this tour. Fortunately for me, I was the only one on this tour with my family of 7 people on this beautiful 3 days tour. I was surprised that Goldenbustours didn\'t cancel on me and enjoy the weather. I learned a ton about this part of Niagara Falls, learned about the resilience of the people, after hurricane Sandy, and enjoyed wonderful wine and chocolate.