Hometown – Luray Caverns – Skyline Drive in Shenandoah
Guests will reach Falls Church, Washington DC or Rockville to join our tour. Our group will travel to the Shenandoah Valley region in western Virginia. Make the first stop at Luray Caverns, which is an underground cave system primarily recognized for its unique and most stunning columns, mudflows, stalactites, stalagmites, flowstone, as well as mirrored pools that spans throughout the underground cavern system. Here, the Great Stalactite Organ makes stalactites sing throughout the cavern system, also known as the top attraction in Luray Caverns. Continue the journey to Shenandoah National Park where we can drive through the famous Skyline Drive, full of colorful trees, mountains, and captivating attractions along the way. Roam around the trails of Shenandoah National Park to explore more about the core beauty of Shenandoah National Park. Later, we will return to the hotels to spend the night.
Hotel: Comfort Inn, Days Inn, Holiday Inn Johnson City TN or Similar.
Biltmore Estate – Smoky Mountain/Blue Ridge Mountains
In the morning, our group will visit Biltmore Estate, a historic residence built by George Washington Vanderbilt II in the late 1800s in a spectacular Châteauesque revival architecture. Then, our group will drive through the lush forests of the region amid sundry raising livestock, vineyards, tending crops, as well as the picturesque greenery and landscape views. Guests can enjoy the scenic views of Great Smoky Mountains National Park, which is not quite distant from Biltmore Garden. Appreciate strolling around the captivating manicured Italian Garden. Then, we will continue towards the Tennessee state to visit the Great Smoky Mountains. Immerse yourself in the exotic wilderness, mountains, and lush greenery of Great Smoky Mountains. Adore the scenery up to the hill while stepping on the famous tramway; guests will also tour one of the tallest peaks in Tennessee, known as the Clingmans Dome. Ramble around the Clingmans Dome trail overlooking the breathtaking views of the region. Tour the famed Newfound Gap mountain pass, and arrive at the Dixie Stampede. Here, guests will enjoy their meal while relishing the live 32-horse show and many other live horse-riding competition shows. Later, our group will return to the hotels to spend the night.
Hotel: Comfort Inn, La Quinta Inn Pigeon Forge TN or Similar.
Natural Bridge – Home (Washington DC)
In the morning, guests will begin the day by traveling towards the Natural Bridge, which a 215-foot-high arch-like geological formation in Virginia. Then, our group will return to Washington DC to conclude the tour.
- 1. The order of itinerary may change without any notice depending on weather situations or for some other unforeseen circumstances.
- 2. The order of activities held during the tour is planned by the tour guide. So, it may be different from what is mentioned on the tour page. On fewer occasions, Tour Guide has to skip an attraction or few during the tour depending on weather, traffic, group interest or some other reason.
- 3. Some attractions are seasonal. So, when they are closed they will be replaced with some other attraction.
- 4. You can skip some optional activities during the tour and plan something on your own. Make sure that you coordinate with Tour guide and stay with the group with next activity. Please note you cannot stay on the bus if you skip some optional activity.
- 5. Probable hotel names are mentioned in the itinerary. It can be similar or a different hotel of the similar rating. Exact Hotel details can only be provided one day before the departure.
- 6. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel.
- 7. These tours are conducted in a group. A group can have people of several cultures. We expect each person to coordinate with Tour guide to make sure things are on track.
- 8. Though attractions are optional but you have to at least take 2 attractions.
Passengers will be picked up and dropped off at their chosen locations. (Please take notice of locations and times of pick up)
All tours are carried out in air conditioned bus. We may also use a minivan depending on the number of people booking the tour.
A professional tour escort will be with you throughout the tour.
Tour package price includes all the taxes.
Shenandoah National Park (Skyline Drive) is mandatory.
Fares for air travel and transport from home to and from the location chosen for pick-up.
Expenditure for personal purposes.
Fee for Optional Activities and entrance. Pay in cash to the tour guide. He will arrange tickets.Some attractions might be closed on public holidays. Optional activities price may change or can be different as displayed on the website.
A minimum tip of $10 per passenger per day for Tour Guide and Driver is not included in the price of the tour package. Pay it in cash to Tour guide and bus driver. This service fees collected from passengers complement the incomes of the driver and the tour guide.
Though the meals are excluded,but the guides will arrange them for you.
Room fees of personal nature, such as, laundry fees, telephone, service fees of valets, expenses on alcoholic drinks and what you buy from the mini bar. However, specified fees may be included.
Important Notice: Passengers are discouraged from purchasing admission packages from sources outside and trying to use them for this tour provided at a discounted price. In case they want to do so, they must arrange transport the same day.
|Attractions||Adult||Child(3-11 yrs)||Senior (65+ yrs)|
|Biltmore Estate, NC||$69.55||$34.77||$69.55|
|Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede, TN||$69.06||$41.46||$69.06|
|Luray Caverns, VA||$28.00||$15.00||$25.00|
|Natural Bridge State Park, VA||$8.00||$6.00||$8.00|
|Shenandoah National Park, VA||$15.00||$10.00||$15.00|
- 1. All the prices are listed in USD.
- 2. Tour display price is based on double occupancy. It is the price each person will pay if a group of two is traveling.
- 3. Prices may change without any notice.
- 4. Prices include hotel accommodation, transportation and taxes.
- 5. Admission Tickets to different places and meals are NOT included in the tour price.
- 6. Mandatory Tip for tour guide and driver are NOT included.
- 7. Only the tour guide can purchase entrance tickets for you. Pre-purchased tickets are NOT acceptable.
- 8. A free (i.e. Buy 2 Get 1 Free) person, not showing up on a departure date will result in a penalty. The penalty is usually the fourth person price, but it varies. Free person has to pay for some admission tickets that is included in the tour package price of Paid Person.
- 9. There must be at least one passenger of 18 years for every booking made with GoldenBusTours. For Children between the age group of 2 to 14 years, a different price will be charged. Please refer to Child price on our pricing calendar. Child Age may vary between different bus operators. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel. If the 5th person is infant you will be charged normally then with the second room as an expense.
- 10. Activities are optional though, but each customer has to participate in 2 activities at least. No city pass allowed. Some attractions are mandatory. Each customer has to take part in them and have to pay for them in cash.
Usually the same as departure location but different time. Some locations are only for pickup.
- 1. Arrive at departure location 10 to 15 minutes before the mentioned time to make sure you catch the bus on time. If in case you are late, the bus will not wait for you at the location and ultimately you will miss the entire tour (no refund in this case).
- 2. Return time on the website is just an estimation. Expect some variation always. Time may change depending on traffic and weather situations
- 3. There is a possibility that tour operator may use a shuttle to drop you off at the return location. It usually happens in the case of multiple return locations.
- 4. You can leave the tour at any place only after signing a Tour Departure Form for leaving the tour early.
- 5. Please note that price will stay the same even if you leave the tour early.
- 6. If you have booked a pre-tour hotel stay, then you will have to arrange your own transport from hotel to departure location.
- 7. If you have booked extra night hotel after the tour, then you will arrange transport from drop off point to hotel.
- 8. On West Coast tours some bus operators have a lot of departure locations. A slow start is expected on these tours.
Reservation, Booking & Redemption
Terms & Conditions
Any travel service purchases indicate your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions set out herein.
You are advised to carefully read through and understand these Terms & Conditions before making your booking.
You will get an email immediately once you place an order. Tour Confirmation usually takes 2, 3 days except for urgent order. Urgent orders can be confirmed in a day or even few hours, but we can’t assure success in these cases. On fewer occasions, some of the others may require a longer period of time for confirmation. You are advised not to book airline tickets unless you have received the confirmation.
E-Ticket (Mandatory to be on bus)
Your e-ticket includes complete operator information such as local telephone numbers at your destination. You are required to print the e-tickets and bring them along with you on the trip. They will be needed as proof of purchase.
Changes in Booking
You may incur a fee for any revisions or alterations made to the reservation when the booking has already been confirmed. Cancellation fees may be applied to things such as name changes or corrections. They may also apply to tour date changes or tour itinerary changes. Please note that no departure changes are permitted 72 hours before departure.
Changes in Tour Itinerary
We are continuously striving to improve tour itineraries and features. In the event of unforeseen circumstances that are beyond the control, we do reserve the right to vary the itineraries and to substitute hotels. Duplicate departures may operate during certain peak periods, sometimes in reverse order. As such, hotels may vary from those included on the itinerary pages.
If you wish to reschedule your tour (change the departure date or choose a different tour) then a reschedule fees may be applied. A reschedule fees of $25 or 6% (which one is higher) will be applied. Please note that all reschedule requests should be made before 18 days of tour departure. Requests made after the mentioned duration shall not be entertained.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection.
1. One room can accommodate maximum 4 people. Even if you are 5 people including 1 month old baby you still need 2 rooms.
2. If you can carry your child up to 3 years of age then you do not need to book seats for him. It may vary from one tour to another.
3. Service providers hold the right to change the itinerary and hotel arrangements without any notice.
4. Child (0-9 years) and Single traveler going on the tour have special rates. These prices vary from one tour to another.
5. Meals and Attractions are not included. You can ask your tour guide to try to arrange the meal for you as per your requirements. For attractions, admission fees pay it to the tour guide on the tour.
6. Prices may change without any notice because of prices fluctuation in the market.
7. All prices mentioned on the website are in US dollars.
8. In Case of Bank Wire Transfer customer have to bear Wire transfer fee.
9. Tour package price is inclusive of taxes.
10. Tour Prices are every individual and in view of room inhabitance.
11. Final hotels booked may not be same as the one mentioned on the website.
Child rates are applicable for children between (0-12 years) of age. Parents are advised to bring car seats for the safety of their child.
Buy 2 Get 3rd discounted: Get 3rd Ticket on special discounted rates on the purchase of 2 tickets.
No matter the reason for the cancellation, we are forced to carry costly charges from out travel and hotel providers in the form of penalties and fees that re-incurred when there is a cancellation of confirmed or pending bookings. As such, there are cancellation penalties or fees incurred. Determination of the time of cancellation will be done when the notice is received and confirmed by our office. You must make any notice of cancellation directly to GoldenBusTours by email or webmail at the Contact Us section.
We reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule any tour departure with respect to operating requirement or circumstances beyond control. In case a cancellation is made at any given moment in time before departure, our only liability as GoldenBusTours will be to refund you, the passenger with the amount we received for the booking of the tour. We will try our best to re-book the same or similar tour. We are not responsible for any cancellation penalties that may have been incurred on any other travel arrangements inclusive of separate purchase of air tickets.
We are not liable for any other travel arrangements that have been affected as a result of the cancellations.
⇒ A 15% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 13 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 40% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3-12 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3 days before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs on departure day.
An add-on fee of 6% for handling fees is charged in addition to the above penalties.
There is no refund for unused features. You forfeit the entire payment when you are a no show.
In order for there not to be a cancellation, a minimum number of participants are required. We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled trip although every effort is made by us to ensure that normal operations are maintained.
Note: More 30 days after the completion of the tour, we cannot grant any refunds.
⇒ In the case of free passenger cancellation kindly update us 7 days before the departure.
⇒ In the case of late cancellation request or free passenger does not show up on tour day then $128 will be charged.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection. If you reschedule tour and later decides to cancel it then cancellation charges will be applicable to the original departure date and not to the rescheduled one.
3. Before booking any tour make sure to go through every detail like tour itinerary, tour price, cancellation policy, reschedule and refund policies.
4. You should either bring a printed copy of your E-Ticket or bring it in your smartphone on the day of tour departure. You should also bring a valid photo ID along with your E-Ticket. In the case of any issues for not carrying E-Ticket or Photo ID GoldenBusTour will not be responsible.
5. Make sure to provide a valid phone number so we can reach you in the case of any emergency.
6. Please read all important notes, inclusion, exclusion section, terms and conditions, policies and below notes.
6a. Tour Operator holds the right to cancel the tour at any time depending on poor weather condition or some other unforeseen circumstances. However, GoldenBusTour will update its customers about the cancellation and shall not be held accountable for charges other than tour fees.
6b. Change in tour price will not affect any confirmed booking.
6c. Tour Operator can change the order of itinerary at any time without any notice.
7. You will be responsible for your travel documents during the tour.
8. Reach Departure location about 20 to 30 minutes before departure time. Unfortunately, no one will wait for you in case you get in late. The bus mostly has Bus Operator name and logo on it. Even if you are five minutes late and miss the bus then GoldenBusTours or Tour Operator will not be responsible. There will be no refund in this case. You will be charged 100% tour fee.
Thank God the tour went so well. Actually, I was wishing for this tour to be perfect because I took my two young kids on this bus tour and I didn’t want them to feel bored and exhausted. During the day we departed, the bus stopped at the Luray Caverns and they let us fully explore this distinctive underground Luray Caverns. We get to see so many of its famous down there but the best of all was the stalactite organ spot. Biltmore Estate is so gigantic that half of the American homeless people can fit in it and yet is just opened for people to just visit; it looked more like a palace to me, although we had the chance for some wonderful photography. Both hotels were neither super luxury or what we call it five-star, but they were excellent. Liked it!
It was my plan to take the family out on vacations, however, it paid really well since everybody had a great time on the trip. Marilyn, the bus host guy, just did an excellent job giving us all the things we want. Luray Caverns was the first site we visited – truly mind-blowing, great exploring to do down there. Our lodgings were decent, at least we spend the night in peace. Thanks a lot for this great bus tour, we would definitely board another tour on our next vacations altogether. Cheers to the professional team.
The team was quite professional, which ultimately led us providing a quality luxurious services throughout of a couple of days bus journey. However, though, one thing I didn’t admire that, the tour had several admission charges no matter which place we visited, Luray Caverns, Skyline Shenandoah, Baltimore Mansion, and similar others. In addition to that, it cost us quite much than I expected. Other than that, our whole family had a wonderful time on board. The hotels, buses, destinations, all were worth the bus trip. Good days!
It was a one day trip and we visited some fantastic locations in Washington DC and also near Natural Bridge Luray caverns. Golden Bus Tours took us to all the major destinations of city. The bus was very luxurious and the driver was a true professional.
I am very fond of natural beauty, flowers and adventures jungle tours and Golden Bus provided me with an opportunity to visit Smoky Mountain National Park. I really enjoyed the view of Shenandoah Valley. Certainly, a lifetime experience it was.
I am a writer and I was looking for a place here I could unwind and relax. My friend, who is a doctor who recommended me this company, he went on tour via GoldenBusTours and enjoyed the hospitality. Anyhow, I got what I wanted, a quiet place to relax. Thank you everyone on the staff especially our tour guide.
Well, everything done by the GoldenBusTours was good, but the places we picked were absolutely buzz kill. They were overcrowded and we couldn’t just unwind and relax there. Next time I should be warned about the places I will be taking tour to.
The tour package was good, the bus was comfortable and a decent accommodation, but I felt there was a rush to visit all the places. It could have added one more day. The 3 day package and visiting so many places was like we rushed, though we visited everything on the schedule.
Well, I think we should firmly stick to the policy of more visiting and less traveling on this tour. The reason is, I remember that on our second day and the morning of our last day we had much traveled on a bus. The next attraction should arrive within an hour or otherwise, the ride gets boring and the picturesque views as well. Other than that, the journey was wonderful especially the underground Luray caves. Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Baltimore mansion were as wonderful as they were in their sizes. We had a chance for photography at so many sites that I didn’t think they existed like the unique rock exhibits in the Luray caves.
The tour itself was really great, i just had a couple of issues, first the bathroom on the bus was for emergencies only,so we had to wait for breaks, also i really wish if admissions were included in the tour price. But other than that, we really had a great time, we loved all places we saw and the tour was very well organized. Hotels were really good and the tour guide was real nice guy. We loved Shenandoah Valley, Luray Caverns, Skyline Drive, Great Stalactite Organ, Shenandoah National Park, Biltmore Estate, Clingmans Dome, Dixie Stampede, Italian Garden
Bruce T. Nobles
The tour was really very well organized, we moved exactly on time, there was no delay and even during the tour we were right on schedule, it was a great effort from the tour guide who was a great guy by the way. The accommodation was really comfortable, really clean and cozy hotels and we saw some amazing places. It was really a great tour and great experience. I really hope i can do it again some time.
I\'m not one of those people who loves experiences that rely on the \"scream and whoop if you\'re having fun\" model but I know some people find that stuff fun. Just keep in mind that that\'s what this experience is based on, so if you\'re not a fan of that, choose something else. I\'m not deducting stars for this because it\'s a matter of personal preference, but wanted to note.
Highly recommend Goldenbustours. I did this 3-Day Washington DC to Natural Bridge, Biltmore Estate, Luray Caverns and Great Smoky Mountains National Park Tour last month and it was perfect. Tour guide was very helpful.
i would give this tour 5 stars. From the beginning customer service team is very helpful. Buses were be on time no delay ( The pick up time is sharp ) well organized tour. Comfortable bus with toilet. Clean accommodation. Thanks goldenbustours.
Really fantastic tour ever. I did this 3-Day Washington DC to Natural Bridge, Biltmore Estate, Luray Caverns and Great Smoky Mountains National Park Tour with my friends last month and can\'t wait to do it again with my family. Enjoyable tour.
It never once seemed that the tour guide was reading from a script or not thoroughly enjoying the experience along with us. And you can tell he genuinely cares about the all of the group, explaining everything perfectly. Anyway, book a goldenbustours, you won\'t regret it.
We were fortunate enough to have our driver and guide, and I really can\'t say enough about the guy. He was charming, engaging, and had an encyclopedic knowledge - not only of the places and surrounding area but of a number of things - all of which he took joy in sharing with us, which only enhanced our trip.
The best tour i had in many years. Great service and hospitality, tour guide is an amazing person, really helpful and friendly, yet very professional at the same time. both accommodation and transportation are really luxurious. We saw a lot of nice places for the first time like Shenandoah Valley, Luray Caverns, Skyline Drive, Great Stalactite Organ, Shenandoah National Park, Biltmore Estate, Clingmans Dome, Dixie Stampede, Italian Garden, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and Natural Bridge
- 1. All reviews will be manually approved.
- 2. No Sign up required to post a review.
- 3. In case of any issue, please Email us your review with your username. We will post it on your behalf.