3-Day Philadelphia to Boston, Yale University and Rhode Island Tour
Tour Code: GOL-PHI-117
Duration: 3 Day(s) / 3 Night(s)
Tour Guide: Chinese, English
- 7 Days left
Experience: UNESCO, Family
Extra (Excluded): Wifi, Meal etc...
Tour Guide:Chinese, English
2018-03-30 | 2018-04-20 | 2018-05-11 | 2018-06-08 | 2018-07-13 | 2018-08-10
Join the guided bus tour starting from Philadelphia and exploring the famous Yale University, Breaker’s Mansion, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Quincy Market, Boston Museum of Science, Rogers Williams Parks Zoo, USS Nautilus and lot more with hotel stay and round trip bus transportation.
In the morning leave Philadelphia and visit the famous Yale University. It is the third oldest Ivy League University of the country and holds a historical importance. We will have a guided tour of the University. We will have lunch and then leave for Rhode Island. At Rhode Island, we will visit the famous Breaker’s Mansion and relish our time here. We will witness the finest artwork. All the artwork was crafted in Europe and later it was shipped to Breaker’s Mansion. For the night stay we will stay in a hotel.
Hotel: Quality Inn Middleboro, Foxboro, Holiday Inn Mansfield Foxboro or Similar.
New Port is a seaside city in Rhode Island, the city was once recognized as a town in 1639 but then was later recognized as full-fledged city in 1784 and it has a population of 24,672.
Rhode Island is a state in the New England which is a region of United States. It is officially called as the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. It is also nick named as the Ocean State.
The Breakers is a well-known point located on Atlantic Ocean in the US. A trip to The Breakers with family and kids is a great fun and cool seeing of urban lifestyle.
The private Ivy League research university in New Haven USA is Yale University. In the year 1701, the university has been founded for the research students in all over the world.
n the morning we will have breakfast and continue with our journey to explore Boston. Our first stop will be at Harvard University which is also Ivy League member. We will have the guided tour of the campus and get a chance to take pictures with the statue of three lies. Then we will visit Massachusetts Institute of Technology. We will also go to the Quincy where you can stroll and taste some of the finest local cuisine. We will enjoy the Boston Duck tour. It will offer us an amazing sightseeing experience and will show us the historical side of the city. Then we will visit the Boston Museum of Science. You will see some of the live presentations and different exhibits in museum. We will also enjoy the famous Lobster Dinner in Boston before heading to the hotel for the night stay.
Hotel: Red Roof Plus Boston Woburn, Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston Peabody or Similar.
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts is a research based university, which is well-known for its intense and highly selective academics. There are 24 Nobel Prize winners and 22 Rhodes Scholars among the alumni of this institution.
It is a very fun experience and people who have seen Boston million times, once they visit it in their Duck, they feel like everything’s new and fun. They give a great overview of Cambridge skylines.
Its’ a science gallery and interior Zoo in Boston, located in Science Park, strategy of land straddling the Charles River. Their goal is to play leading role in transforming nation’s relationship with science and technology.
Boston is one of the oldest cities of US, and the capital and the largest city of the state of Massachusetts. It is well known for being the center of education and culture due to it numerous International universities and colleges.
Cambridge is a city located in Middlesex County in the state if Massachusetts in the United States. The city is located in the north of Boston and was named “Cambridge” in honor of the University of Cambridge.
Built in 1639, in Cambridge, MA, Harvard University is the oldest university in the United States. It is one of the most famous and highly ranked institutions in the world.
Seafood is one of the most liked food in the world, lobster is something that tastes absolutely delicious and if you want to enjoy it to the fullest then you should go to Lobster Dinner in Boston.
Located in the Faneuil Hall marketplace of downtown Boston, Quincy Market is a historic building that still presents itself as a souvenir marketplace and food court.
On the last day of the tour we will leave for Philadelphia. While we are on our way back to Philadelphia, we will visit the Roger William Park Zoo. It is one of the oldest zoo in the country. In the zoo, you will get an opportunity to feed to some animals. Finally, we will visit the National Historic Landmark; USS Nautilus. Our tour will end in Philadelphia.
Located in the New London County at Connecticut, Groton is a famous coastal town on the Thomas River. It is primarily known for its submarine manufacturing for United States Navy, home to the picturesque 19th-century seaport, aquariums, and the famed Charles W. Morgan whaling ship built in the early 1800s is docked at the Harbor of Groton.
It is the capitol city of New York. The main part of it is Brown University. The culture here is very diverse, and there are any historical buildings and museums within this city. The place is center of attraction for tourists.
It is one of the oldest zoos in the city. It is a recreational park and is proven to be very entertaining for children. The park has a lot of different animals and different activities.
The USS Nautilus was launched in 1954 on Jan. 21. This was the foremost Nuclear powered sub. The Nautilus shattered the submerged speed and distance records. Nautilus Museum was opened on 20 April, 1986 as a part of the submarine museum and are closed on Tuesdays.
- The order of itinerary may change without any notice depending on weather situations or for some other unforeseen circumstances.
- The order of activities held during the tour is planned by the tour guide. So, it may be different from what is mentioned on the tour page. On fewer occasions, Tour Guide has to skip an attraction or few during the tour depending on weather, traffic, group interest or some other reason.
- Some attractions are seasonal. So, when they are closed they will be replaced with some other attraction.
- You can skip some optional activities during the tour and plan something on your own. Make sure that you coordinate with Tour guide and stay with the group with next activity. Please note you cannot stay on the bus if you skip some optional activity.
- Probable hotel names are mentioned in the itinerary. It can be similar or a different hotel of the similar rating. Exact Hotel details can only be provided one day before the departure.
- Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel.
- These tours are conducted in a group. A group can have people of several cultures. We expect each person to coordinate with Tour guide to make sure things are on track.
- Though attractions are optional but you have to at least take 2 attractions.
Most of the tours are carried out in air conditioned bus. A minivan can also be used depending on the number of people booking the tour.
Tour is inclusive of hotel accommodation.
Inclusive of all taxes.
Tour is accompanied by the tour guide.
It is possible for rates to change without notice.
Cash payments of admission fee for Optional Activities would be made to the guide. Optional activities price may change or can be different as displayed on the website.
Though meals and drinks are not a part of the package the guide will arrange them upon request.
Minimum service charges for the driver and the guide will be $10 per person per day.
Telephone services, laundry services, Alcoholic drinks and beverages are private room charges.
Additional personal expenditure.
Note: Customers should not buy admission tickets or passes on their own and use them on this discounted tours. In case they do, they will have to arrange their own transport.
|Attractions||Adult||Child(3-11 yrs)||Senior (65+ yrs)|
|Boston Duck Tour, MA||$47.14||$32.44||$47.14|
|Boston Museum of Science, MA||$25.00||$21.00||$20.00|
|Lobster Dinner, Boston, MA||$32.00||$32.00||$32.00|
|Roger Williams Park Zoo, RI||$17.95||$12.95||$15.95|
|The Breakers, RI||$26.00||$8.00||$26.00|
|USS Nautilus Museum, CT||$10.00||$8.00||$10.00|
|Yale University, CT||$11.00||$7.00||$11.00|
- All the prices are listed in USD.
- Tour display price is based on double occupancy. It is the price each person will pay if a group of two is traveling.
- Prices may change without any notice.
- Prices include hotel accommodation, transportation and taxes.
- Admission Tickets to different places and meals are NOT included in the tour price.
- Mandatory Tip for tour guide and driver are NOT included.
- Only the tour guide can purchase entrance tickets for you. Pre-purchased tickets are NOT acceptable.
- A free (i.e. Buy 2 Get 1 Free) person, not showing up on a departure date will result in a penalty. The penalty is usually the fourth person price, but it varies. Free person has to pay for some admission tickets that is included in the tour package price of Paid Person.
- There must be at least one passenger of 18 years for every booking made with GoldenBusTours. For Children between the age group of 2 to 14 years, a different price will be charged. Please refer to Child price on our pricing calendar. Child Age may vary between different bus operators. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel. If the 5th person is infant you will be charged normally then with the second room as an expense.
- Activities are optional though, but each customer has to participate in 2 activities at least. No city pass allowed. Some attractions are mandatory. Each customer has to take part in them and have to pay for them in cash.
- Arrive at departure location 10 to 15 minutes before the mentioned time to make sure you catch the bus on time. If in case you are late, the bus will not wait for you at the location and ultimately you will miss the entire tour (no refund in this case).
- Return time on the website is just an estimation. Expect some variation always. Time may change depending on traffic and weather situations
- There is a possibility that tour operator may use a shuttle to drop you off at the return location. It usually happens in the case of multiple return locations.
- You can leave the tour at any place only after signing a Tour Departure Form for leaving the tour early.
- Please note that price will stay the same even if you leave the tour early.
- If you have booked a pre-tour hotel stay, then you will have to arrange your own transport from hotel to departure location.
- If you have booked extra night hotel after the tour, then you will arrange transport from drop off point to hotel.
- On West Coast tours some bus operators have a lot of departure locations. A slow start is expected on these tours.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
No matter the reason for the cancellation, we are forced to carry costly charges from our travel and hotel providers in the form of penalties and fees that re-incurred when there is a cancellation of confirmed or pending bookings. As such, there are cancellation penalties or fees incurred. Determination of the time of cancellation will be done when the notice is received and confirmed by our office. You must make any notice of cancellation directly to GoldenBusTours by email or webmail at the Contact Us section.
We reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule any tour departure with respect to operating requirement or circumstances beyond control. In case a cancellation is made at any given moment in time before departure, our only liability as GoldenBusTours will be to refund you, the passenger with the amount we received for the booking of the tour. We will try our best to re-book the same or similar tour. We are not responsible for any cancellation penalties that may have been incurred on any other travel arrangements inclusive of separate purchase of air tickets.
We are not liable for any other travel arrangements that have been affected as a result of the cancellations.
⇒ 8 days or more prior to departure - 10% of the tour fees will be charged as cancellation
⇒ 4-7 days prior to departure - 75% of the tour fees will be charged as cancellation
⇒ 3 days prior to departure – 100% tour fees will be charged as cancellation
An add-on fee of 6% for handling fees is charged in addition to the above penalties.
There is no refund for unused features. You forfeit the entire payment when you are a no show.
Cancellation or Reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection. If you reschedule tour and later decides to cancel it then cancellation charges will be applicable to the original departure date and not to the rescheduled one.
In order for there not to be a cancellation, a minimum number of participants are required. We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled trip although every effort is made by us to ensure that normal operations are maintained.
For any refund case, we do include the discount offered already. This is where GoldenBusTours is playing its role to make sure its customers get the best available deal at an affordable price.
No refund request or complaint will be entertained after 30 days of tour departure. You have to send a formal complaint through email.
⇒ In the case of free passenger cancellation kindly update us 7 days before the departure.
⇒ In the case of late cancellation request or free passenger does not show up on tour day then $128 will be charged.
Reservation, Booking & Redemption
Terms & Conditions
Any travel service purchases indicate your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions set out herein.
You are advised to carefully read through and understand these Terms & Conditions before making your booking.
You will get an email immediately once you place an order. Tour Confirmation usually takes 2, 3 days except for urgent order. Urgent orders can be confirmed in a day or even few hours, but we can’t assure success in these cases. On fewer occasions, some of the others may require a longer period of time for confirmation. You are advised not to book airline tickets unless you have received the confirmation.
E-Ticket (Mandatory to be on bus)
Your e-ticket includes complete operator information such as local telephone numbers at your destination. You are required to print the e-tickets and bring them along with you on the trip. They will be needed as proof of purchase.
Changes in Booking
You may incur a fee for any revisions or alterations made to the reservation when the booking has already been confirmed. Cancellation fees may be applied to things such as name changes or corrections. They may also apply to tour date changes or tour itinerary changes. Please note that no departure changes are permitted 72 hours before departure.
Changes in Tour Itinerary
We are continuously striving to improve tour itineraries and features. In the event of unforeseen circumstances that are beyond the control, we do reserve the right to vary the itineraries and to substitute hotels. Duplicate departures may operate during certain peak periods, sometimes in reverse order. As such, hotels may vary from those included on the itinerary pages.
All reschedule or change in tour requests should be sent seven days before the departure date. Reschedule requests made 7 days more before departure is subject to reschedule Fee. There is $100/per day/per Room charges for rescheduling usually.
Cancellation or Reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection.
1. One room can accommodate maximum 4 people. Even if you are 5 people including 1 month old baby you still need 2 rooms.
2. If you can carry your child up to 3 years of age then you do not need to book seats for him. It may vary from one tour to another.
3. Service providers hold the right to change the itinerary and hotel arrangements without any notice.
4. Child (0-9 years) and Single traveler going on the tour have special rates. These prices vary from one tour to another.
5. Meals and Attractions are not included. You can ask your tour guide to try to arrange the meal for you as per your requirements. For attractions, admission fees pay it to the tour guide on the tour.
6. Prices may change without any notice because of prices fluctuation in the market.
7. All prices mentioned on the website are in US dollars.
8. In Case of Bank Wire Transfer customer have to bear Wire transfer fee.
9. Tour package price is inclusive of taxes.
10. Tour Prices are every individual and in view of room inhabitance.
11. Hotels and the city/country of stay may change based on availablity.
Child rates are applicable for children between (0-12 years) of age. Parents are advised to bring car seats for the safety of their child.
Buy 2 Get 3rd discounted: Get 3rd Ticket on special discounted rates on the purchase of 2 tickets.
3. Before booking any tour make sure to go through every detail like tour itinerary, tour price, cancellation policy, reschedule and refund policies.
4. You should either bring a printed copy of your E-Ticket or bring it in your smartphone on the day of tour departure. You should also bring a valid photo ID along with your E-Ticket. In the case of any issues for not carrying E-Ticket or Photo ID GoldenBusTour will not be responsible.
5. Make sure to provide a valid phone number so we can reach you in the case of any emergency.
6. Please read all important notes, inclusion, exclusion section, terms and conditions, policies and below notes.
6a. Tour Operator holds the right to cancel the tour at any time depending on poor weather condition or some other unforeseen circumstances. However, GoldenBusTour will update its customers about the cancellation and shall not be held accountable for charges other than tour fees.
6b. Change in tour price will not affect any confirmed booking.
6c. Tour Operator can change the order of itinerary at any time without any notice.
7. You will be responsible for your travel documents during the tour.
8. Reach Departure location about 20 to 30 minutes before departure time. Unfortunately, no one will wait for you in case you get in late. The bus mostly has Bus Operator name and logo on it. Even if you are five minutes late and miss the bus then GoldenBusTours or Tour Operator will not be responsible. There will be no refund in this case. You will be charged 100% tour fee.
It was a great weekend tour for the family. We looked for a shorter tour but could not find anything online. Then on a friend’s recommendation I checked GoldenBusTours and found this short long weekend tour. We really had a great time on the tour. My kids really enjoyed the time at Roger William Zoo Park. It was a great family time and we enjoyed every single bit of it.