2-Day Houston to Oak Alley Plantation, National World War II Museum, French Quarter & New Orleans In Depth Tour
Tour Code: GOL-HOU-107
Duration: 2 Day(s) / 1 Night(s)
Tour Guide: Chinese, English
- 7 Days left
Experience: UNESCO, Family
Extra (Excluded): Wifi, Meal etc...
Tour Guide:Chinese, English
Tue,Wed (2019-01-01 To 2019-12-31) | Tue,Wed (2020-01-01 To 2020-12-31)
Explore the wildness of the pristine beauty in these deep attractions of the Swamp tour and see different plants. Enjoy complimentary breakfast in the hotel daily and see amazing places namely the Oak Alley Plantation, the beauty of oak trees, the garden road, animal species during the Swamp tour, live jazz performance, Jackson Square, National World War II Museum, Mississippi Steamed Jazz Cruise and do not miss the Beignets and coffee at Café De Monde.
In the morning, we will start the tour to reach Oak Alley Plantation located at the West suburban New Orleans. Here, guests can see 300-years old oak trees in rows concealing the long garden road to more than quarter mile. The New Orleans environment is unique. From here, we will go on a boat ride to a Swamp tour to see the ecosystem of New Orleans and here it offers the possibility of seeing snakes, alligators, egrets, turtles, ibis, herons and different plants. Next, head to the hotel and take rest overnight. However, guests can also explore the area, enjoy Jazz live performance, have Beignets and coffee at Café De Monde or have fresh oyster and Cajun crawfish for dinner. Do not miss Jackson Square and enjoy the nightlife.
Hotel: Courtyard by Marriott French Quarter, Hotel 504 French Quarter or Similar.
Jackson Square is essentially a historic park in New Orleans, in the 1960’s it was officially declared a National Historic Landmark and has remained a really popular tourist attraction.
If you like air boat tours and swamps then Jean Lafitte Swamp and airboat tours is the place you should be. The place has many decent reviews and gives a really good tour.
New Orleans is a fascinating cities that are truly a unique melting pot of food, culture, and music. This is the most historically and culturally rich destination of America. It has plenty of place to stay, eat and things to do.
The western side of Mississippi River has a historic plantation with exceptional visual attributes, known as Oak Alley Plantation. The scenery, agriculture and architecture are the most remarkable attractions of the plantation.
In the morning, enjoy breakfast, and the first thing is to visit the National World War II Museum. In the noon, we will go to the Mississippi Steamed Jazz Cruise. This is a two-hour cruise from the French Quarter showing you why the city was established on the lower Mississippi River. The stream boat will live Jazz performance that it will be a memorable tour.
Note: Complimentry airport drop off at MSY for slights leaving after 15:30
The oldest neighborhood in the city of New Orleans is famous with the name of French Quarter. It is also known as Vieux Carre. It was established in the year 1718.
A uniquely wonderful place for boat riding! The delicious food, especially creamed spinach and fried fish delights the visitors a lot. Besides, the live jazz music creates an atmosphere of intoxication and cheers.
The National WWII Museum is a must visit place. It offers an amazing way of learning more about the women and men who fought, lived and died during WWII. Exhibition shows the allied forces the way they worked towards the war end.
- The order of itinerary may change without any notice depending on weather situations or for some other unforeseen circumstances.
- The order of activities held during the tour is planned by the tour guide. So, it may be different from what is mentioned on the tour page. On fewer occasions, Tour Guide has to skip an attraction or few during the tour depending on weather, traffic, group interest or some other reason.
- Some attractions are seasonal. So, when they are closed they will be replaced with some other attraction.
- You can skip some optional activities during the tour and plan something on your own. Make sure that you coordinate with Tour guide and stay with the group with next activity. Please note you cannot stay on the bus if you skip some optional activity.
- Probable hotel names are mentioned in the itinerary. It can be similar or a different hotel of the similar rating. Exact Hotel details can only be provided one day before the departure.
- Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel.
- These tours are conducted in a group. A group can have people of several cultures. We expect each person to coordinate with Tour guide to make sure things are on track.
- Though attractions are optional but you have to at least take 2 attractions.
Most of the tours are carried out in air conditioned bus. A minivan can also be used depending on the number of people booking the tour.
Tour is inclusive of hotel accommodation.
Inclusive of all taxes.
Tour is accompanied by the tour guide.
Customer can get Free Breakfast Coupon.
Fares for air travel and transport from home to and from the location chosen for pick-up.
Expenditure for personal purposes.
Fee for Optional Activities and entrance. Pay in cash to the tour guide. He will arrange tickets.Some attractions might be closed on public holidays. Optional activities price may change or can be different as displayed on the website.
A minimum tip of $10 per passenger per day for Tour Guide and Driver is not included in the price of the tour package. Pay it in cash to Tour guide and bus driver. This service fees collected from passengers complement the incomes of the driver and the tour guide.
Though the meals are excluded, but the guides will arrange them for you.
Room fees of personal nature, such as, laundry fees, telephone, service fees of valets, expenses on alcoholic drinks and what you buy from the mini bar. However, specified fees may be included.
Important Notice: Passengers are discouraged from purchasing admission packages from sources outside and trying to use them for this tour provided at a discounted price. In case they want to do so, they must arrange transport the same day.
|Attractions||Adult||Child(3-11 yrs)||Senior (65+ yrs)|
|Jean Lafitte Swamp Tour, LA||$27.00||$16.00||$27.00|
|Oak Alley Plantation, LA||$27.00||$12.00||$25.00|
|Steamboat Natchez, LA||$44.00||$22.00||$44.00|
|The National WWII Museum, LA||$28.00||$18.00||$24.00|
- All the prices are listed in USD.
- Tour display price is based on double occupancy. It is the price each person will pay if a group of two is traveling.
- Prices may change without any notice.
- Prices include hotel accommodation, transportation and taxes.
- Admission Tickets to different places and meals are NOT included in the tour price.
- Mandatory Tip for tour guide and driver are NOT included.
- Only the tour guide can purchase entrance tickets for you. Pre-purchased tickets are NOT acceptable.
- A free (i.e. Buy 2 Get 1 Free) person, not showing up on a departure date will result in a penalty. The penalty is usually the fourth person price, but it varies. Free person has to pay for some admission tickets that is included in the tour package price of Paid Person.
- There must be at least one passenger of 18 years for every booking made with GoldenBusTours. For Children between the age group of 2 to 14 years, a different price will be charged. Please refer to Child price on our pricing calendar. Child Age may vary between different bus operators. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel. If the 5th person is infant you will be charged normally then with the second room as an expense.
- Activities are optional though, but each customer has to participate in 2 activities at least. No city pass allowed. Some attractions are mandatory. Each customer has to take part in them and have to pay for them in cash.
- Arrive at departure location 10 to 15 minutes before the mentioned time to make sure you catch the bus on time. If in case you are late, the bus will not wait for you at the location and ultimately you will miss the entire tour (no refund in this case).
- Return time on the website is just an estimation. Expect some variation always. Time may change depending on traffic and weather situations
- There is a possibility that tour operator may use a shuttle to drop you off at the return location. It usually happens in the case of multiple return locations.
- You can leave the tour at any place only after signing a Tour Departure Form for leaving the tour early.
- Please note that price will stay the same even if you leave the tour early.
- If you have booked a pre-tour hotel stay, then you will have to arrange your own transport from hotel to departure location.
- If you have booked extra night hotel after the tour, then you will arrange transport from drop off point to hotel.
- On West Coast tours some bus operators have a lot of departure locations. A slow start is expected on these tours.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
No matter the reason for the cancellation, we are forced to carry costly charges from out travel and hotel providers in the form of penalties and fees that re-incurred when there is a cancellation of confirmed or pending bookings. As such, there are cancellation penalties or fees incurred. Determination of the time of cancellation will be done when the notice is received and confirmed by our office. You must make any notice of cancellation directly to GoldenBusTours by email or webmail at the Contact Us section.
We reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule any tour departure with respect to operating requirement or circumstances beyond control. In case a cancellation is made at any given moment in time before departure, our only liability as GoldenBusTours will be to refund you, the passenger with the amount we received for the booking of the tour. We will try our best to re-book the same or similar tour. We are not responsible for any cancellation penalties that may have been incurred on any other travel arrangements inclusive of separate purchase of air tickets.
We are not liable for any other travel arrangements that have been affected as a result of the cancellations.
⇒ A 15% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 13 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 40% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3-12 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3 days before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs on departure day.
An add-on fee of 6% for handling fees is charged in addition to the above penalties.
There is no refund for unused features. You forfeit the entire payment when you are a no show.
In order for there not to be a cancellation, a minimum number of participants are required. We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled trip although every effort is made by us to ensure that normal operations are maintained.
Note: More 30 days after the completion of the tour, we cannot grant any refunds.
⇒ In the case of free passenger cancellation kindly update us 7 days before the departure.
⇒ In the case of late cancellation request or free passenger does not show up on tour day then $128 will be charged.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection. If you reschedule tour and later decides to cancel it then cancellation charges will be applicable to the original departure date and not to the rescheduled one.
Reservation, Booking & Redemption
Terms & Conditions
Any travel service purchases indicate your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions set out herein.
You are advised to carefully read through and understand these Terms & Conditions before making your booking.
You will get an email immediately once you place an order. Tour Confirmation usually takes 2, 3 days except for urgent order. Urgent orders can be confirmed in a day or even few hours, but we can’t assure success in these cases. On fewer occasions, some of the others may require a longer period of time for confirmation. You are advised not to book airline tickets unless you have received the confirmation.
E-Ticket (Mandatory to be on bus)
Your e-ticket includes complete operator information such as local telephone numbers at your destination. You are required to print the e-tickets and bring them along with you on the trip. They will be needed as proof of purchase.
Changes in Booking
You may incur a fee for any revisions or alterations made to the reservation when the booking has already been confirmed. Cancellation fees may be applied to things such as name changes or corrections. They may also apply to tour date changes or tour itinerary changes. Please note that no departure changes are permitted 72 hours before departure.
Changes in Tour Itinerary
We are continuously striving to improve tour itineraries and features. In the event of unforeseen circumstances that are beyond the control, we do reserve the right to vary the itineraries and to substitute hotels. Duplicate departures may operate during certain peak periods, sometimes in reverse order. As such, hotels may vary from those included on the itinerary pages.
If you wish to reschedule your tour (change the departure date or choose a different tour) then a reschedule fees may be applied. A reschedule fees of $25 or 6% (which one is higher) will be applied. Please note that all reschedule requests should be made before 18 days of tour departure. Requests made after the mentioned duration shall not be entertained.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection.
1. One room can accommodate maximum 4 people. Even if you are 5 people including 1 month old baby you still need 2 rooms.
2. If you can carry your child up to 3 years of age then you do not need to book seats for him. It may vary from one tour to another.
3. Service providers hold the right to change the itinerary and hotel arrangements without any notice.
4. Child (0-9 years) and Single traveler going on the tour have special rates. These prices vary from one tour to another.
5. Meals and Attractions are not included. You can ask your tour guide to try to arrange the meal for you as per your requirements. For attractions, admission fees pay it to the tour guide on the tour.
6. Prices may change without any notice because of prices fluctuation in the market.
7. All prices mentioned on the website are in US dollars.
8. In Case of Bank Wire Transfer customer have to bear Wire transfer fee.
9. Tour package price is inclusive of taxes.
10. Tour Prices are every individual and in view of room inhabitance.
11. Final hotels booked may not be same as the one mentioned on the website.
Child rates are applicable for children between (0-12 years) of age. Parents are advised to bring car seats for the safety of their child.
Buy 2 Get 3rd discounted: Get 3rd Ticket on special discounted rates on the purchase of 2 tickets.
3. Before booking any tour make sure to go through every detail like tour itinerary, tour price, cancellation policy, reschedule and refund policies.
4. You should either bring a printed copy of your E-Ticket or bring it in your smartphone on the day of tour departure. You should also bring a valid photo ID along with your E-Ticket. In the case of any issues for not carrying E-Ticket or Photo ID GoldenBusTour will not be responsible.
5. Make sure to provide a valid phone number so we can reach you in the case of any emergency.
6. Please read all important notes, inclusion, exclusion section, terms and conditions, policies and below notes.
6a. Tour Operator holds the right to cancel the tour at any time depending on poor weather condition or some other unforeseen circumstances. However, GoldenBusTour will update its customers about the cancellation and shall not be held accountable for charges other than tour fees.
6b. Change in tour price will not affect any confirmed booking.
6c. Tour Operator can change the order of itinerary at any time without any notice.
7. You will be responsible for your travel documents during the tour.
8. Reach Departure location about 20 to 30 minutes before departure time. Unfortunately, no one will wait for you in case you get in late. The bus mostly has Bus Operator name and logo on it. Even if you are five minutes late and miss the bus then GoldenBusTours or Tour Operator will not be responsible. There will be no refund in this case. You will be charged 100% tour fee.
This is the first time I saw the oak trees and the best point is that suddenly I saw a huge oak plantation. It was great fun and really adventurous. A remarkable time spent was in the Jazz cruise that also gave us an opportunity to see and experience live jazz performance. The Swamp tour gave the opportunity to see distinct species of animals and birds. I liked this tour. The bus was in perfect, clean condition and the tour guide did not disappoint us. He had an explanation and answer for most things and it did not bluff answers.
First, I liked was the bus transport, the driver and the guide who were more than cooperative. It would have been nice if the guide smiled frequently. He appeared modest, not rude, but it was like a switch operated smile. Likewise, the Café De Monde dinner was superb and the hotel room was perfect. We had a lovely room and the window was huge, like the one I had in my own home. The fact that I disliked was on arrival, we had to wait for more than 30 minutes in the reception counter as our room was getting cleaned, but the staff were very polite.
Tanya C. Reider
The tour was really very well organized, we moved exactly on time, there was no delay and even during the tour we were right on schedule, it was a great effort from the tour guide who was a great guy by the way. The accommodation was really comfortable, really clean and cozy hotels and we saw some amazing places. It was really a great tour and great experience. I really hope i can do it again some time.
What an amazing company, it was my first tour with Golden Bus Tours and i really intend to do it again. The organization of the tour was great, we moved on time and according to the schedule, and the tour guide was really an amazing guy, very helpful and nice and really professional. The hotels were very clean and comfortable.
We really needed some time off, and i am really glad we chose that tour, it really worth it,we had a great time during these 2 days. Our tour guide was a very helpful guy, he was also really funny and very professional he was also really funny. We really enjoyed Jean Lafitte Swamp Tour,Oak Alley Plantation, and The National WWII Museum. I would really love to do it again.
I would really like to thank Golden Bus Tours for organizing that tour, it was really great and well organized and punctual. Next i was to thank the tour guide who was really a stand up guy, he was very helpful and very professional and really funny. great Job Golden Bus Tours. I would really like to use your services again.