U.S. Route 66 was the original highways in the U.S. Highway System known as The Mother Road. This highway began from Chicago to Santa Monica, California, covering 2,448 miles. Guests will first visit the Adams Street crossing and Michigan Avenue. After this we will have breakfast at Lou Mitchell's, the restaurant presenting classic golden age. We will then stop at Joliet and visit the Old Joliet Prison Park. From there, we will visit Pontiac. We will be escorted by a guided museum tour offering a comprehensive understanding of this Road. The entire tour will be guided by the city staff and includes Route 66 Hall of Fame featuring the largest collection of Memorabilia in Illinois, the Pontiac Oakland Automobile Museum and the Museum of the Gilding Arts.
- 1. The order of itinerary may change without any notice depending on weather situations or for some other unforeseen circumstances.
- 2. The order of activities held during the tour is planned by the tour guide. So, it may be different from what is mentioned on the tour page. On fewer occasions, Tour Guide has to skip an attraction or few during the tour depending on weather, traffic, group interest or some other reason.
- 3. Some attractions are seasonal. So, when they are closed they will be replaced with some other attraction.
- 4. You can skip some optional activities during the tour and plan something on your own. Make sure that you coordinate with Tour guide and stay with the group with next activity. Please note you cannot stay on the bus if you skip some optional activity.
- 5. Probable hotel names are mentioned in the itinerary. It can be similar or a different hotel of the similar rating. Exact Hotel details can only be provided one day before the departure.
- 6. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel.
- 7. These tours are conducted in a group. A group can have people of several cultures. We expect each person to coordinate with Tour guide to make sure things are on track.
- 8. Though attractions are optional but you have to at least take 2 attractions.
Passengers will be picked up and dropped off at their chosen locations. (Please take notice of locations and times of pick up)
All tours are carried out in air conditioned bus. We may also use a minivan depending on the number of people booking the tour.
A professional tour escort will be with you throughout the tour.
Tour package price includes all the taxes.
Rates could alter without prior notice.
Optional fees will be paid in cash to the guide. Optional activities price may change or can be different as displayed on the website.
Guide will arrange meals and drinks when requested as they are not included in the package.
Daily Service charges for driver and the guide is $10 minimum per person.
Such expenses as telephone services, alcoholic drinks, beverages and laundry services which are private room services.
Services related to travel insurance.
Other personal expenses.
Important: We never encourage customers to purchase admission packages from outside sources and try using them in this tour with discount. If they do, they must arrange transport on the same day. If you skip some attraction, you cannot do it on your own. You can sit near the bus or visit some nearby place, but you will not be allowed to sit in the bus.
|Attractions||Adult||Child(3-11 yrs)||Senior (65+ yrs)|
|Route 66 Association Hall of Fame & Museum, IL||$25.00||$25.00||$25.00|
- 1. All the prices are listed in USD.
- 2. Tour display price is based on double occupancy. It is the price each person will pay if a group of two is traveling.
- 3. Prices may change without any notice.
- 4. Prices include hotel accommodation, transportation and taxes.
- 5. Admission Tickets to different places and meals are NOT included in the tour price.
- 6. Mandatory Tip for tour guide and driver are NOT included.
- 7. Only the tour guide can purchase entrance tickets for you. Pre-purchased tickets are NOT acceptable.
- 8. A free (i.e. Buy 2 Get 1 Free) person, not showing up on a departure date will result in a penalty. The penalty is usually the fourth person price, but it varies. Free person has to pay for some admission tickets that is included in the tour package price of Paid Person.
- 9. There must be at least one passenger of 18 years for every booking made with GoldenBusTours. For Children between the age group of 2 to 14 years, a different price will be charged. Please refer to Child price on our pricing calendar. Child Age may vary between different bus operators. Maximum 4 people of any age can stay in 1 Room in the hotel. If the 5th person is infant you will be charged normally then with the second room as an expense.
- 10. Activities are optional though, but each customer has to participate in 2 activities at least. No city pass allowed. Some attractions are mandatory. Each customer has to take part in them and have to pay for them in cash.
207 W Cermak Rd (Chicago Chinatown) Chicago, IL 60616 at 7:30 PM
- 1. Arrive at departure location 10 to 15 minutes before the mentioned time to make sure you catch the bus on time. If in case you are late, the bus will not wait for you at the location and ultimately you will miss the entire tour (no refund in this case).
- 2. Return time on the website is just an estimation. Expect some variation always. Time may change depending on traffic and weather situations
- 3. There is a possibility that tour operator may use a shuttle to drop you off at the return location. It usually happens in the case of multiple return locations.
- 4. You can leave the tour at any place only after signing a Tour Departure Form for leaving the tour early.
- 5. Please note that price will stay the same even if you leave the tour early.
- 6. If you have booked a pre-tour hotel stay, then you will have to arrange your own transport from hotel to departure location.
- 7. If you have booked extra night hotel after the tour, then you will arrange transport from drop off point to hotel.
- 8. On West Coast tours some bus operators have a lot of departure locations. A slow start is expected on these tours.
Reservation, Booking & Redemption
Terms & Conditions
Any travel service purchases indicate your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions set out herein.
You are advised to carefully read through and understand these Terms & Conditions before making your booking.
You will get an email immediately once you place an order. Tour Confirmation usually takes 2, 3 days except for urgent order. Urgent orders can be confirmed in a day or even few hours, but we can’t assure success in these cases. On fewer occasions, some of the others may require a longer period of time for confirmation. You are advised not to book airline tickets unless you have received the confirmation.
E-Ticket (Mandatory to be on bus)
Your e-ticket includes complete operator information such as local telephone numbers at your destination. You are required to print the e-tickets and bring them along with you on the trip. They will be needed as proof of purchase.
Changes in Booking
You may incur a fee for any revisions or alterations made to the reservation when the booking has already been confirmed. Cancellation fees may be applied to things such as name changes or corrections. They may also apply to tour date changes or tour itinerary changes. Please note that no departure changes are permitted 72 hours before departure.
Changes in Tour Itinerary
We are continuously striving to improve tour itineraries and features. In the event of unforeseen circumstances that are beyond the control, we do reserve the right to vary the itineraries and to substitute hotels. Duplicate departures may operate during certain peak periods, sometimes in reverse order. As such, hotels may vary from those included on the itinerary pages.
If you wish to reschedule your tour (change the departure date or choose a different tour) then a reschedule fees may be applied. A reschedule fees of $25 or 6% (which one is higher) will be applied. Please note that all reschedule requests should be made before 18 days of tour departure. Requests made after the mentioned duration shall not be entertained.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection.
1. One room can accommodate maximum 4 people. Even if you are 5 people including 1 month old baby you still need 2 rooms.
2. If you can carry your child up to 3 years of age then you do not need to book seats for him. It may vary from one tour to another.
3. Service providers hold the right to change the itinerary and hotel arrangements without any notice.
4. Child (0-9 years) and Single traveler going on the tour have special rates. These prices vary from one tour to another.
5. Meals and Attractions are not included. You can ask your tour guide to try to arrange the meal for you as per your requirements. For attractions, admission fees pay it to the tour guide on the tour.
6. Prices may change without any notice because of prices fluctuation in the market.
7. All prices mentioned on the website are in US dollars.
8. In Case of Bank Wire Transfer customer have to bear Wire transfer fee.
9. Tour package price is inclusive of taxes.
10. Tour Prices are every individual and in view of room inhabitance.
11. Final hotels booked may not be same as the one mentioned on the website.
Child rates are applicable for children between (0-12 years) of age. Parents are advised to bring car seats for the safety of their child.
Buy 2 Get 3rd discounted: Get 3rd Ticket on special discounted rates on the purchase of 2 tickets.
No matter the reason for the cancellation, we are forced to carry costly charges from out travel and hotel providers in the form of penalties and fees that re-incurred when there is a cancellation of confirmed or pending bookings. As such, there are cancellation penalties or fees incurred. Determination of the time of cancellation will be done when the notice is received and confirmed by our office. You must make any notice of cancellation directly to GoldenBusTours by email or webmail at the Contact Us section.
We reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule any tour departure with respect to operating requirement or circumstances beyond control. In case a cancellation is made at any given moment in time before departure, our only liability as GoldenBusTours will be to refund you, the passenger with the amount we received for the booking of the tour. We will try our best to re-book the same or similar tour. We are not responsible for any cancellation penalties that may have been incurred on any other travel arrangements inclusive of separate purchase of air tickets.
We are not liable for any other travel arrangements that have been affected as a result of the cancellations.
⇒ A 15% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 13 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 40% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3-12 days or more before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs 3 days before the departure date.
⇒ A 100% cancellation fee of the total tour purchase will be incurred if the cancellation occurs on departure day.
An add-on fee of 6% for handling fees is charged in addition to the above penalties.
There is no refund for unused features. You forfeit the entire payment when you are a no show.
In order for there not to be a cancellation, a minimum number of participants are required. We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled trip although every effort is made by us to ensure that normal operations are maintained.
Note: More 30 days after the completion of the tour, we cannot grant any refunds.
⇒ In the case of free passenger cancellation kindly update us 7 days before the departure.
⇒ In the case of late cancellation request or free passenger does not show up on tour day then $128 will be charged.
Cancellation and reschedule charges are applicable even if you are NOT able to take the tour because of visa rejection. If you reschedule tour and later decides to cancel it then cancellation charges will be applicable to the original departure date and not to the rescheduled one.
3. Before booking any tour make sure to go through every detail like tour itinerary, tour price, cancellation policy, reschedule and refund policies.
4. You should either bring a printed copy of your E-Ticket or bring it in your smartphone on the day of tour departure. You should also bring a valid photo ID along with your E-Ticket. In the case of any issues for not carrying E-Ticket or Photo ID GoldenBusTour will not be responsible.
5. Make sure to provide a valid phone number so we can reach you in the case of any emergency.
6. Please read all important notes, inclusion, exclusion section, terms and conditions, policies and below notes.
6a. Tour Operator holds the right to cancel the tour at any time depending on poor weather condition or some other unforeseen circumstances. However, GoldenBusTour will update its customers about the cancellation and shall not be held accountable for charges other than tour fees.
6b. Change in tour price will not affect any confirmed booking.
6c. Tour Operator can change the order of itinerary at any time without any notice.
7. You will be responsible for your travel documents during the tour.
8. Reach Departure location about 20 to 30 minutes before departure time. Unfortunately, no one will wait for you in case you get in late. The bus mostly has Bus Operator name and logo on it. Even if you are five minutes late and miss the bus then GoldenBusTours or Tour Operator will not be responsible. There will be no refund in this case. You will be charged 100% tour fee.
We always keep ourselves really busy and do not have time for anything. But, this time due to the compulsion of my wife, I went on this one day tour to Route 66 and I really realized how much of the best part of the world we miss out. Life is beautiful can be felt on visiting such old places and these look so interesting that I had to come out of the museum and other places forcibly. Everything was so beautiful and maintained, that I was completely immersed. No more wasting time and will go on more tours with them, even if it means some weekend tour.
This is my first visit alone on a tour, even if it means one day tour, I feel very special as I have set myself all alone. It was a great day and I am sure I did the right job of coming on this tour. The tour was fabulous, though it specifies as Route 66, it covers so many places of the highway and we also got to see a huge memorabilia collection in the museums. I have no regrets and everything was as per plan. No delay at any end and the bus was comfortable and I give 5 stars.
Fantastic tour, Great tours and the sights were amazing. The tour was well organized and I recommend this tour as they have covered a lot of places. In fact, even the busy bees can take a day off and visit these places on Route 66. It was a fulfilling tour meeting our expectations of seeing the past in the best way possible. Luckily the weather was fairly good and we could see the views clearly. I felt the tour covered lots of places, besides the lunch was the best. I felt the bus could have been more luxurious and the seats were hard.
Route 66 was a fascinating tour and this was a long standing demand from my husband as he always wanted to visit this place, but I was not actually so sure, but eventually even I loved it. The tour operator was the best to choose such lovely places worth visiting in one day tour. We chose this tour to celebrate our 10th anniversary and it was like we really had a great day to celebrate. Good we came out on this tour and made it memorable. The problem was with rough weather and it would have been nice if he had come a bit properly prepared.
This trip was awesome and all the places we visited were superb revealing the history and the places showed our great past. The places on Route 66 have maintained their classic look and the food served in the restaurant during lunch was really tasty. I had not imagined so much of this tour and did get more from this tour. It was like a dream or some picture going in front of my eyes, but the pity was I forgot to carry my good camera and so I missed taking these memorable pictures. The tour operator could have informed us.
This trip is definitely worth taking. The 667 Route in the U.S is really special and I was amazed to find history dipping along this route. It has lovely museums and it really gave a peep into the years gone by. I enjoyed every moment of this tour as I could get a view of the things when we were not even born. Some areas look desolate, but other places show so much of improvement and the places we visited were strikingly beautiful. I would love to take more tours with this operator as it was convenient and good experience.
I suggest this tour. I took my daughter for her birthday and we had a fabulous time we intend to go for the mid year visit. Our visit guide was so useful and kept us engaged with her insight and incredible great humor. She generally make our inquiry with tolerance and friendliness. Likewise she has bunches of stories about the journey and history of certain urban areas. On the off chance that we return to visit chi town, I will come back to with this Tour without a doubt .
Thank you we really enjoyed the tour. The food joints locations were excellent with multiple choices. Will surely take this tour again and highly recommend to my friends. There was sufficient time allotted to activities and no rush as in some other tours. Thank you very much----Very well planned.
Simply wonderful. This was a wonderful and memorable tour. Complete day to enjoy Santa Monica and the tour was wonderful. Our tour guide is Very helping , professional and knowledgeable. Highly recommend to all of my friends.
Yi Jie Ch\'eng
Amazing tour!!! we had a wonderful time. All the activities are great!!!our tour guide is very experienced and professional tour guide, he take cares everyone and make sure we had a good time. we will join again! thank you GoldenBusTours!!!!
The tour guide is very friendly and knowledgeable. Organized and prompt in ensuring groups are on schedule with the tour. The transportation was comfortable. The driver ensure passengers are safe. The itinerary of places were adjusted to smooth the travel period without the hassles of other tourist crowding.
Everything was perfect. The timings, the tour guide. We covered everything mentioned in the itinerary and didn\'t have to wait long in the queues. It was an awesome experience at an affordable rate. Special mention of tour guides who was excellent.
In my opinion this was one of the best travel agencies i have dealt with, The tour was really very well organized, there was no delay and we were always on schedule. also the tour guide was really nice guy and funny, and he were also very professional. The bus was really comfortable. We really had a real nice time and i really hope i can do it again.
That tour was really amazing, we loved everything we saw, like The Mother Road, Route 66 Hall of Fame, and the Museum of the Gilding Arts and Filming location of “Prison Break” TV series. Also Airsoft Shooting Experience, Chicago, Santa Monica were really great. It was a real great experience for us.
I went on this 1 day tour and was sufficiently fortunate to be lead by an extraordinary guide. Not exclusively is she an extraordinary guide yet she is actually well disposed and worked eagerly to convert into Chinese and English in spite of the tiring transport ride. The visit was all around arranged and timetables were met well. I will book again when I come back to see Route 66 in the mid year!
- 1. All reviews will be manually approved.
- 2. No Sign up required to post a review.
- 3. In case of any issue, please Email us your review with your username. We will post it on your behalf.